Sign in to follow this  
BuffPup

Calorie dense foods low fat and no prep

Heya, I'm currently on a bulk. Can anybody recommend calorie dense foods that are low on fat and no need to cook (preferably high carb). Also has to be low fat (due to health issues gotta keep an eye on my fat intake) Recently been eating a lot of bagels they are almost fat free and so yummy and I can just keep a bag next to my desk and snack on them (about 240 kcal each not bad).  However after eating them for a week I'm about to get bored. Share your ideas here pls. Anything new or maybe 'good old' stuff that we all forgot? Don't suggest bananas, oats, nuts, rice or Sweet Caribbean bread (I already have eaten a bunch of those :) ).  Looking for something new. I will be adding here too if I find something.

Most cereals, flavoured rice cakes such as caramel rice cakes, bagels and jam.

Tbh though, rice with jam or even some sweetener makes it far more palatable and it’s very easily digested. The issue with things like bagels is when you start eating 2-3 a day it does bind some people up.

I recommend rice based cereals for sure.

On 18/09/2020 at 8:49 PM, Endomorph84 said:

I’d rather have a bowl of coco pops

Now then that's some solid reminder for me :D Forgot about coco pops. Adding them to my next grocery list. Thanks.

On 18/09/2020 at 8:12 PM, BuffPup said:

Heya, I'm currently on a bulk. Can anybody recommend calorie dense foods that are low on fat and no need to cook (preferably high carb). Also has to be low fat (due to health issues gotta keep an eye on my fat intake) Recently been eating a lot of bagels they are almost fat free and so yummy and I can just keep a bag next to my desk and snack on them (about 240 kcal each not bad).  However after eating them for a week I'm about to get bored. Share your ideas here pls. Anything new or maybe 'good old' stuff that we all forgot? Don't suggest bananas, oats, nuts, rice or Sweet Caribbean bread (I already have eaten a bunch of those :) ).  Looking for something new. I will be adding here too if I find something.

Frosties. They’re Grrrrrreat! Well, I buy supermarkets own brand. Frosted flakes I think. Too easy to eat plus they give you that lovely Carby buzz