Sign in to follow this  
KETONES

Animal Lifter.

I know this is a bit personal and I’m not taking the piss in any shape or form!

But what’s it like living with mental illness?

How do you cope, how do others treat you if they know you suffer from mental illness, I have a lot of curious questions to ask but If you could shine a light on daily life and how you cope I’d be really interested!

You must be a very strong character to deal with it daily.

Please no piss taking Its my first serious thread.

41 minutes ago, KETONES said:

I know this is a bit personal and I’m not taking the piss in any shape or form!

But what’s it like living with mental illness?

How do you cope, how do others treat you if they know you suffer from mental illness, I have a lot of curious questions to ask but If you could shine a light on daily life and how you cope I’d be really interested!

You must be a very strong character to deal with it daily.

Please no piss taking Its my first serious thread.

Its hard.. Your mind you leads down dark paths not knowing where the light will be.

But without it I would of been dead years ago, im strict, im a freak, ill rip your eyes out for looking at me wrong. but im really really really nice and caring to those I love.. my GF knows... I have a difficult concept with life and how to treat people..

My day to day life is basic - Try not to get angry.. When im angry im a pure animal...Too hard to explain... I feel like theres a killa inside me wanting blood and im doing all I can to contain it.

iv got a strong Character though, real tough, my mum doesn't recognise me, she says that I created the monster but must be Genetics and environment as well. 

I didn't have my head screwed on when I was younger, its on there good and firm now though... The Meds Still make my day horrid

30 minutes ago, AnimalLifter said:

Its hard.. Your mind you leads down dark paths not knowing where the light will be.

But without it I would of been dead years ago, im strict, im a freak, ill rip your eyes out for looking at me wrong. but im really really really nice and caring to those I love.. my GF knows... I have a difficult concept with life and how to treat people..

My day to day life is basic - Try not to get angry.. When im angry im a pure animal...Too hard to explain... I feel like theres a killa inside me wanting blood and im doing all I can to contain it.

iv got a strong Character though, real tough, my mum doesn't recognise me, she says that I created the monster but must be Genetics and environment as well. 

I didn't have my head screwed on when I was younger, its on there good and firm now though... The Meds Still make my day horrid

I new a guy who was on meds that monged him out and actually made him worse! He’d drink lots of energy drinks and coffee to pick himself up? He stopped his meds and basically recovered and got his career back on track!

41 minutes ago, AnimalLifter said:

Just read the first part again but not sure what you mean when you say without it you would be dead?

11 minutes ago, KETONES said:

I new a guy who was on meds that monged him out and actually made him worse! He’d drink lots of energy drinks and coffee to pick himself up? He stopped his meds and basically recovered and got his career back on track!

Yer iv been on a few Meds and they mong you a bit... one Med really monged me out.. I just stopped them... I wanna feel alive not 'managed on Meds'

23 minutes ago, BUFFMAN said:

Animal Lifter, I think that's why a lot of us turn to weights, as odd as it sounds, putting your body under lots of stress, can relieve the stress on your mind. 

Definitely I train mostly for therapeutic reasons life with training would suck!!!

34 minutes ago, BUFFMAN said:

Animal Lifter, I think that's why a lot of us turn to weights, as odd as it sounds, putting your body under lots of stress, can relieve the stress on your mind. 

Yer….. Its also good at giving you a boost if you feel down, Seeing the Pumps, watching others workout... Plus when you are exhausted you are too busy concentrating on not dying to think about anything else haha.

13 minutes ago, KETONES said:

Definitely I train mostly for therapeutic reasons life with training would suck!!!

Its not the Vehicle that matters, its how good the Driver is that counts.... You can be as big as the Beast of Belfast but if your driver is weak your body will be useless.

2 hours ago, KETONES said:

This is exactly why my wife refuses to work for the NHS, to quick to medicate when other methods, could lead to long term change. But I'd guess a brain injury might be a different case. Most of the problems she deals with are from dickhead presenting when they were young.

1 hour ago, BUFFMAN said:

It's escapism and control when you break it down. 

3 hours ago, KETONES said:

how do others treat you if they know you suffer from mental illness, I have a lot of curious questions to ask but If you could shine a light on daily life and how you cope I’d be really interested!

This is interesting question... How do others Treat me.

Theres 2 types of people that treat me different:

1. The ones that dont know I am Ill -... In general they are scared at first, I got a look in my eye that makes people uneasy.. maybe its the way my head twitches mixed in with stuttering. 

2. The ones that know - They generally step back, approach me softer and try not say something to trigger me.... if they mention Danger my animal perks up and they dont like it.

A member of public will be cautious of me because of my body language.. Back in my day a mental illness was a thing you wouldn't admit, you wouldn't talk about.. if lad next door was mentally ill you were told to stay away

im aware I intimidate lads when im out and about... they act different when in front of me,.. they nervous and I like it, they dont understand the animal inside of me and it always hates you first, you need prove your salt to get me to like them.... I dont need soft people that will run away in my life.. I need rocks that can weather any trouble... I am a mountain of ROCK., I love people being scared, their fear feeds my animal.

^^^^ --- When that's how you see life and people in general, it should be a warning light that you are Crazy

7 hours ago, AnimalLifter said:

I know how you feel bro....I feel mentally ill after reading one of your posts x

4 hours ago, AnimalLifter said:

This is interesting question... How do others Treat me.

Theres 2 types of people that treat me different:

1. The ones that dont know I am Ill -... In general they are scared at first, I got a look in my eye that makes people uneasy.. maybe its the way my head twitches mixed in with stuttering. 

2. The ones that know - They generally step back, approach me softer and try not say something to trigger me.... if they mention Danger my animal perks up and they dont like it.

A member of public will be cautious of me because of my body language.. Back in my day a mental illness was a thing you wouldn't admit, you wouldn't talk about.. if lad next door was mentally ill you were told to stay away

im aware I intimidate lads when im out and about... they act different when in front of me,.. they nervous and I like it, they dont understand the animal inside of me and it always hates you first, you need prove your salt to get me to like them.... I dont need soft people that will run away in my life.. I need rocks that can weather any trouble... I am a mountain of ROCK., I love people being scared, their fear feeds my animal.

^^^^ --- When that's how you see life and people in general, it should be a warning light that you are Crazy

Well all I can say is put the ANIMAL to work....make some money with it.