Pez189

Stuff people do in the gym that pisses you off?

4 hours ago, Pez189 said:

* not putting back weights 

* sitting on benches/machines on the phone 

* not cleaning (especially now with Covid-19) 

^^^ most common annoyances I’d say. 

Today though.... some w**ker (not in the picture) using the lat pulldown (to the left), was asking people, including me, to move out the way of the mirror.... told him to f**k off.  It’s the length of the gym floor (dumbbell area), with a preacher curl and bench in front of the mirror.  

3478A01A-35A7-45BE-B405-BB05389F1191.thumb.jpeg.83f8aec23f73315e718358059f80117c.jpeg

What am I looking at? 

Some nut job in the gym today wearing a shirt with paint on it doing exercises I’ve never seen before!

Later see him kicking his petrol flap of his car which was covered in dents?

Had a great session today though!

1 hour ago, Pez189 said:

I’m British mate. Can’t help it. 

Gyms to relieve stress, turn your anger on the weights, I do all my moaning at work lol

6 hours ago, Pez189 said:

They’re all over the place at mine. 1x 20kg on the left, next to that a 50kg. The other 20kg is 5m away, next to the 8kg. Obviously. 

Sounds about right, cheers 

Think leaving weights out or not unloading the bar is the only thing that annoys me. Fair enough if you're at that gym, where the fella pays 170 quid a month maybe that's what you're paying for but 15quid, you put them back yourself.

Don't get the guys who complain about checking your phone between sets. Am I meant to just sit and scowl at people and look mean for 2 minutes, before the next set? And those moaning about half naked women prancing about all done up, is that not one of the gym perks?

1 minute ago, Denied said:

Think leaving weights out or not unloading the bar is the only thing that annoys me. Fair enough if you're at that gym, where the fella pays 170 quid a month maybe that's what you're paying for but 15quid, you put them back yourself.

Don't get the guys who complain about checking your phone between sets. Am I meant to just sit and scowl at people and look mean for 2 minutes, before the next set? And those moaning about half naked women prancing about all done up, is that not one of the gym perks?

I don’t get the problems with phones. 2+ mins between sets what else you supposed to do. My log book is on my phone too

A couple today, dragging away 2 of the 4 ‘COVID friendly’ benches that are marked out and not supposed to be moved today into the squat rack area, then proceeding to use the squat rack for complete and utter fuckery of some kind of multi split Pilates workout without even doing squats and using the safety bars to balance their phones on whilst they watch what their fu**ing heart rate is. :rage:

Don't get everybody's frustrations with poor form?

Leave them to it, I don't bat an eye lid, even if it looks dangerous

Either they will learn and correct or they won't

Whatever they decide to do it won't affect my workout

Danny

1 hour ago, BUFFMAN said:

Unless your listening to music or taking PROGRESS pictures, leave your phone in your fu**ing locker! 

Fight me!! :D

I'll fight you ya c**t I'll strangle you with the cable off my charger ;) 

In all seriousness my logbook is on my phone I'm on it a minute between sets,but I do see people 5+ minutes on various machines half arsing workouts probably on social media.if it impacts other people's workouts get the f**k off the machine and stand in the corner.

54 minutes ago, mrwright said:

My dog tends to bring sticks or balls in to the gym and chew them leaving a mess then never cleans up 

if you dont want your dog bringing things into your gym then buy some fat gripz for him to take out of the gym.

mine are like crack cocaine for my pup and my warm up now (if i forget to close the garage door behind me quick enough) is chasing the little git round the garden trying to get them out of his mouth. 

7 minutes ago, Darrenwins said:

Seen a guy hogging 3 fixed weight benches (incline flat decline) so he could do variations of ab leg raises, I had to wait like 20 mins to do Bench pressing

Yeah that's not happening.......walk up rack the bar start warming up taking up 3 benches is flat taking the piss..and if he said owt he'd be getting a fractional plate frisbee'd across the gym to the back of the head.

18 hours ago, Tricky said:

Nah they aren’t usually in perfect order but you get a fair idea what’s what by size alone 

This. I cant be arsed looking around holding a pair of 50kg looking for the order there suppose to go. As long as people put them back on the rack I can tell which weights are which by the size 

Its been awhile since i've trained at a normal commercial gym, i go to a smaller more enthusiasts gym now, however what always pissed me off was;

- Groups of 5 - 8 teens all crowded around a bench or some other piece of kit that would be there for atleast an hour or more, talking more than actually doing anything.

- People who would load up machines like the leg press and barely move, or the lat pull down and swing like tarzan with it. 

- People taking up the proper power racks for stupid s**t like 10 sets of pullups, when there was separate pullup bars all over the place. 

But the worst by far is the modern day "Personal Trainer" that's infested gyms like a fcking plague. None of them seem to have a clue about anything, most are around mid twenties from what i can see with zero real life experience with programming or progressive overload training. I felt sorry for the clients paying money to them, to be essentially told to run around the gym super setting everything in there until they were soaking with sweat, but achieving nothing of any real benefit.

It got o a point that i would wait until said PT had picked out their "circuit" of 3 or 4 pieces of kit for the poor hapless sod they were with, then take a piece of kit they were using right after they started, forcing them to change and pissing them off, definitely made me an arsehole but i couldn't care less.

I have no problem with people staring at their phones during rest periods as long as its not for 5+mins.. Better that than constantly staring at you lifting weights.. 

Only thing that annoys me is people that stink up the place, doing my head in recently as I'm training in the morning and I guess most people don't shower beforehand which is actually somewhat understandable as they'd need another one straight after gym.. 

1 hour ago, Tonysco said:

Its been awhile since i've trained at a normal commercial gym, i go to a smaller more enthusiasts gym now, however what always pissed me off was;

- Groups of 5 - 8 teens all crowded around a bench or some other piece of kit that would be there for atleast an hour or more, talking more than actually doing anything.

- People who would load up machines like the leg press and barely move, or the lat pull down and swing like tarzan with it. 

- People taking up the proper power racks for stupid s**t like 10 sets of pullups, when there was separate pullup bars all over the place. 

But the worst by far is the modern day "Personal Trainer" that's infested gyms like a fcking plague. None of them seem to have a clue about anything, most are around mid twenties from what i can see with zero real life experience with programming or progressive overload training. I felt sorry for the clients paying money to them, to be essentially told to run around the gym super setting everything in there until they were soaking with sweat, but achieving nothing of any real benefit.

It got o a point that i would wait until said PT had picked out their "circuit" of 3 or 4 pieces of kit for the poor hapless sod they were with, then take a piece of kit they were using right after they started, forcing them to change and pissing them off, definitely made me an arsehole but i couldn't care less.

Absolutely on the money there, pal. 

When the gyms really busy and someone’s doing a drop set with 4 sets of DBs and taking up a load of space. :angry: 

someone leaving their hoodie on a bench and going off for a chat for ages. You using it or whattttt ya flange. I’m  In the gym to train, not wait for others who are pissing about.