Hi guys,

Hope you’re all doing good!

I’ve just started a 12 week cycle. It’s my second cycle, I ran Sus 250 at 500mg for 12 weeks a few years ago with some decent gains. I’ve decided to do another 12 week cycle, I want lean quality mass that I’ll likely keep during/after PCT.  Holiday (doubtful) to the Caribbean in December, want this body to turn some beautiful heads. Current cycle (heavily influenced by Coach Greg) is;

Test E: 210mg p/w

Mast E: 500mg p/w

Var: 20mg e/d

I’m 28, weigh 83kg and 12-13% bodyfat. I would say I have pretty good genetics. Diet and training is on point and I’m very regimented and consistent.

I know Masteron is a hair loss criminal, and can be savage on the hair line. I don’t have any family members to see if they’re bald, I just know that my dad wasn’t bald. It’s difficult to determine if I’m predisposed to MPB. I have a full head of thick curly hair, I’ve never noticed any shedding. I know that my temples have receded ever so slightly. I look at my crown and think it’s thinning, but never looked at it before and could just be the hair separating. 

I think that because of the Mast, I am just very panicked since starting cycle and worry that my hair will thin/shed. I love my hair, but will not stop the gain train. 

If an individual is not predisposed to MPB, would AAS increase the risk for this? Or, if you’re not pre-disposed, are you “safe” with whatever compound you take due to no DHT conversion? 

I know people talk about taking Finasteride to block DHT conversion, but from my understanding, Masteron is DHT derived so there’s nothing to take to counteract, limit the risks? 

Other than visually checking the scalp/hair, is there any way to determine if I’m prone to MPB? Maybe seeing a dermatologist? 

I guess this is down to individuality; but, at what rate would AAS (specifically the harsher compounds) accelerate hair loss? Would/could it take weeks/months, or after cycles? I know, probably difficult to answer this. 

Thanks all, appreciate your time

21 minutes ago, Dazziilaaaaa said:

is there any way to determine if I’m prone to MPB? 

Jesus Christ mate. Massive essay that, for the sake of the question :lol:.

You can look at pictures of parents and grandparents and that may suggest you’re if you’re prone. At 28 years old you should know if you’re prone to baldness if you still got thick healthy hair and the same hair line or not. These are only guides.

Regardless, stop over egging the pudding and just run 500mg test e/w and 50mg Var e/d.

You'll get more out of the cycle and won’t have to worry about your hair. Win win!

8 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

Why bother with mast if you’re that worried? Just stick to test. 

20mg var? Consensus is anything less than 50mg isn’t worth it. I’m currently on 600mg test and 50 vat and achieving what you appear to desire ....

Agree with this. 20mg var is just flushing money down the toilet.  That's a lady dose, for ladies. 

More plates more dates on youtube is obsessed with hair loss and AAS. There's some good material there if you wanna use AAS and keep your hair. As for myself, I used to lose hair and recede but it stopped completely. No amount of mast, tren and test seems to affect it. Mind boggling. Makes me think it was accutane that ruined my hairline not AAS. 

I would agree with others. Increase test or var. Masteron IME is nothing but a cosmetic drug that hardens you up. 500mg mast is a lot for that amount of test. 

Maybe something like this:

40-60mg var
500mg test
350-500mg mast

32 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

Why bother with mast if you’re that worried? Just stick to test. 

20mg var? Consensus is anything less than 50mg isn’t worth it. I’m currently on 600mg test and 50 vat and achieving what you appear to desire ....

More than anything, I didn’t want the water retention. I understand taking 500mg of Mast is the equivalent to 300mg of test. 

How long would you run Var for at 50mg e/d? 20mg 12 weeks seems a fair bit for the liver, would be open to 50mg e/d for a shorter time? 

35 minutes ago, Endomorph84 said:

Jesus Christ mate. Massive essay that, for the sake of the question :lol:.

You can look at pictures of parents and grandparents and that may suggest you’re if you’re prone. At 28 years old you should know if you’re prone to baldness if you still got thick healthy hair and the same hair line or not. These are only guides.

Regardless, stop over egging the pudding and just run 500mg test e/w and 50mg Var e/d.

You'll get more out of the cycle and won’t have to worry about your hair. Win win!

Haha yeah, my bad! 

thanks 

3 minutes ago, Dazziilaaaaa said:

More than anything, I didn’t want the water retention. I understand taking 500mg of Mast is the equivalent to 300mg of test. 

How long would you run Var for at 50mg e/d? 20mg 12 weeks seems a fair bit for the liver, would be open to 50mg e/d for a shorter time? 

Doesn't work like that.

I'm on 800-1g test (might be under dosed) and decreased mast to 350mg as 500-700mg was giving me low estro symptoms. Dry as bone and no AIs at all. Mast sucks the water out of you. That's why I love it.

6 minutes ago, iron2000 said:

Doesn't work like that.

I'm on 800-1g test (might be under dosed) and decreased mast to 350mg as 500-700mg was giving me low estro symptoms. Dry as bone and no AIs at all. Mast sucks the water out of you. That's why I love it.

But mast doesn’t convert to estrogen, does it? 

7 minutes ago, Dazziilaaaaa said:

I understand taking 500mg of Mast is the equivalent to 300mg of test.

It might appear that way based on its anabolic/androgenic rating which was a study done in mice but this doesn’t translate to human use. The dht sides of masteron cannot be countered with Fina as this only inhibits conversion. I’m not a fan of orals but one month anywhere in the cycle. If I were you I’d just run 300 test 300npp

3 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

It might appear that way based on its anabolic/androgenic rating which was a study done in mice but this doesn’t translate to human use. The dht sides of masteron cannot be countered with Fina as this only inhibits conversion. I’m not a fan of orals but one month anywhere in the cycle. If I were you I’d just run 300 test 300npp

Thanks for the info, much appreciated  mate.

Will consider for my next cycle for sure, I’ll see how the mast reacts and then take it from there. 

19 minutes ago, Dazziilaaaaa said:

As I’ve recently found out water retention is largely managed with oestrogen control and diet. I bought 50 x50mg var so that’ll be what, 7 weeks?

ive put on 9lbs so far with better body composition than when I started 

9 minutes ago, Dazziilaaaaa said:

But mast doesn’t convert to estrogen, does it? 

Seems to lower it or stop estrogen from working as using too much gives me the same symptoms as taking too much AI would.

As for var, it mainly affects the kidneys I think. I know people who run it year round. Aids patients get put on long cycles without any adverse issues. I wouldn't worry about running it during your whole cycle personally. Labs are always an option.