Fors331

Going on cycle as a fat mess?

Iv tried getting back into a fitness lifestyle since after lockdown but although i go to gym i just cant get my passion back which i literally had for 6-7years on and off, gym was the only thing i cared about in life. 

iv even found a 24/7 gym hoping i can go down in the evenings instead of drinking beers but im just not doing it!

i swear iv tried everything now! And heaviest iv ever been, body fat % is through the roof, i told myself too never get on the gear until my bodyfat is down But thinking maybe if im on i might take things more seriously? I dont know, im normally the motivator But now and for the last 6-7months im the opposite 

If you can’t do this off gear, you are simply Going to make your situation worse when on by running into side effects.

You need to create a sustainable routine that fits within your lifestyle that you enjoy.

Start with your diet and then begin any form of exercise. This can be as little as a 20 minute walk each day.

As @Bensif said, you’re only going to magnify the issue. 

Being ‘on’ doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re just going to automatically grind gym out 7 days a week religiously. If you’re lacking commitment without it, then you need to sort that end of your problem out before you even consider it again.

Get yourself in a routine that suits , adjust your food and get some training time in. 

2 hours ago, Fors331 said:

Iv tried getting back into a fitness lifestyle since after lockdown but although i go to gym i just cant get my passion back which i literally had for 6-7years on and off, gym was the only thing i cared about in life. 

iv even found a 24/7 gym hoping i can go down in the evenings instead of drinking beers but im just not doing it!

i swear iv tried everything now! And heaviest iv ever been, body fat % is through the roof, i told myself too never get on the gear until my bodyfat is down But thinking maybe if im on i might take things more seriously? I dont know, im normally the motivator But now and for the last 6-7months im the opposite 

You need to prioritise the gym  FIRST mate

For me this has f**k all to do with your bodyfat...just your motivation

Sounds to me like you might have a drink problem you need to address mate...and this is coming from someone who's been through more than one addiction problem, not some self righteous health freak since teens who doesn't know what he's talking about

Step back and look at your situation mate. Dig deep and work out what the problen is

The "need" for beer over a healthy lifestyle that you obviously want rings alarm bells for me

45 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

You need to prioritise the gym  FIRST mate

For me this has f**k all to do with your bodyfat...just your motivation

Sounds to me like you might have a drink problem you need to address mate...and this is coming from someone who's been through more than one addiction problem, not some self righteous health freak since teens who doesn't know what he's talking about

Step back and look at your situation mate. Dig deep and work out what the problen is

The "need" for beer over a healthy lifestyle that you obviously want rings alarm bells for me

Gaining muscle, beating pbs and generally looking good in the mirror is what the real me lives for, Stress reliving and positive.

Iv only stopped drinking a few days at a time within the last 7ish months, always drink in the evening and never in the day, from my past experience if i stop for about two weeks something clicks and makes sense in my head and i then despise alcohol, just atm the only thing i enjoy in life is drinking 8 pints while watching something interesting on tv, when i stop for a day the reality of my weight gain ec kicks in and only drink makes me not care so much.

you've made some good points mate and When i was on your side of the fence i too would say something like this and it would make obvious sense, but i know im so far gone atm its going to take so long 

18 minutes ago, Fors331 said:

Gaining muscle, beating pbs and generally looking good in the mirror is what the real me lives for, Stress reliving and positive.

Iv only stopped drinking a few days at a time within the last 7ish months, always drink in the evening and never in the day, from my past experience if i stop for about two weeks something clicks and makes sense in my head and i then despise alcohol, just atm the only thing i enjoy in life is drinking 8 pints while watching something interesting on tv, when i stop for a day the reality of my weight gain ec kicks in and only drink makes me not care so much.

you've made some good points mate and When i was on your side of the fence i too would say something like this and it would make obvious sense, but i know im so far gone atm its going to take so long 

If you're too far gone that means you're somewhere between having a serious alcohol problem or being an alcoholic mate

You may not view it like that, but that kinda just proves the point

Forget about the "reality of the weight gain"...it doesn't sound like that's your biggest issue here

I've been there...with alot more than booze 

So before you tell me I'm wrong, do me...in fact no...do yourself a favour...

From now, until 8.30pm next Tuesday,  don't touch a drop of alcohol

If you can...then you've proved me wrong 

If you can't...you need to get this addressed

24 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

If you're too far gone that means you're somewhere between having a serious alcohol problem or being an alcoholic mate

You may not view it like that, but that kinda just proves the point

Forget about the "reality of the weight gain"...it doesn't sound like that's your biggest issue here

I've been there...with alot more than booze 

So before you tell me I'm wrong, do me...in fact no...do yourself a favour...

From now, until 8.30pm next Tuesday,  don't touch a drop of alcohol

If you can...then you've proved me wrong 

If you can't...you need to get this addressed

Yeh its pretty bad but i know could be alot worst, but by god i know there is so much out there in life That i can get enjoyment from yet im stuck In a vicious circle, cant say il stop as you have said but im trying on a weekly basis, some day i will be on here talking about nothing but training/nutrition and gear, which tbh before about 6 months ago that is all i talked about

8 minutes ago, Fors331 said:

Yeh its pretty bad but i know could be alot worst, but by god i know there is so much out there in life That i can get enjoyment from yet im stuck In a vicious circle, cant say il stop as you have said but im trying on a weekly basis, some day i will be on here talking about nothing but training/nutrition and gear, which tbh before about 6 months ago that is all i talked about

If you actually CAN'T stop mate, then you're massively in denial calling it a "vicious cycle"

Forget "it could be alot worse" if a week without alcohol is impossible for you, then it IS alot worse

Reality check mate 

30 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

If you actually CAN'T stop mate, then you're massively in denial calling it a "vicious cycle"

Forget "it could be alot worse" if a week without alcohol is impossible for you, then it IS alot worse

Reality check mate 

Mate i agree with what your saying, you are Completely right, in the past iv been quite bad (not as bad) and as hard as it was i stopped myself and dident drink for like 2years, im just hoping the same, anyway without turning this into a AA appointment i just hope il be back on here as me and not  stop wasting my time and the forums time talking about something i wish was banned like all the drugs. 

1 minute ago, Fors331 said:

Mate i agree with what your saying, you are Completely right, in the past iv been quite bad (not as bad) and as hard as it was i stopped myself and dident drink for like 2years, im just hoping the same, anyway without turning this into a AA appointment i just hope il be back on here as me and not  stop wasting my time and the forums time talking about something i wish was banned like all the drugs. 

Get yaself to your GP mate

He'll most likely refer you to a charity who can advise

If you are physically dependent you can't just stop

It's worse than heroine in that respect 

Need any help...drop me a pm

Hi 

go online and type in Andy’s man club, they have them all round the country mate! Just a group of guys sat round chatting and getting s**t off there chest. Might do you good and get you away from the bottle for a evening