Sign in to follow this  
Lovelyjubly

Best sleepers on the NHS

Ive been going throigh abit of a sh1tty sleep . No stress etc.

Docs prearibed me Promathezine hydrochloride for a trial. I cant say i feel any difference using this.

What else is available?

49 minutes ago, PMD said:

7.5mg zopiclone are available on nhs prescription and knock me out cold when I take one 

Whenever I have Insomnia I take Zopiclone, works a treat. 

Tolerance and dependency can occur quick so try to only use for 3-10days.

4 hours ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Ive been going throigh abit of a sh1tty sleep . No stress etc.

Docs prearibed me Promathezine hydrochloride for a trial. I cant say i feel any difference using this.

What else is available?

I took zolpidem. found them better than zopiclones. less groggy in mornings. 
These days I try to avoid anything like that. it doesn't actually give you sleep you'd think. 

Presumably you've tried the usual stuff like Nytol and Night Nurse? Most of the time, they work for me. If not, diazepam is a god send, but I won't use it for more than two days, and never any more than 10mg. AS @KETONES said, you wake up feeling a million dollars. 

37 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

Presumably you've tried the usual stuff like Nytol and Night Nurse? Most of the time, they work for me. If not, diazepam is a god send, but I won't use it for more than two days, and never any more than 10mg. AS @KETONES said, you wake up feeling a million dollars. 

Yeah I love to muscle relaxation I get from it...

2 hours ago, KETONES said:

Diazepam works for me and I wake up feeling relaxed.

Diazepam does work really well, I get random tests in work though so can't have them as they stay in your system for weeks 

7 minutes ago, Lovelyjubly said:

What dose benzos worked for you guys?

Start as LOW as possible. Xanax makes me feeling groggy AF when I wake up, but it's hell of a sleep. I just need 1/4 of a (2mg) bar.

Diaz I have found that 10mg is spot on, but I'd suggest trying not more than 5mg and seeing how you go. The smallest dose that works is king. And do not be tempted to stay on it. I just get back in to a pattern or catch up on some sleep if I've had a few days/week without a solid sleep.

15 minutes ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Depends on your tolerance. If you have no tolerance then (as invisible kid said above) start as low as possible.

2.5mg of diazepam or .25/.5mg of Xanax (Alprazolam)

Defo not for long term use as they are wicked addictive and dont take long to become completely dependant on

16 hours ago, Lovelyjubly said:

What else is available?

Was using Melatonin 5mg time release, now sleep worse so also using Phenergan 25mg and find they work pretty well.

I get a drowsy xanax like feeling after a couple of hours with Phenergan which works if your head lets you sleep.

Diazepam didn't do much for actual sleep, more of a chill effect but found nothing beats ¼ of xanax bar for an excellent nights kip, but I wouldn't advise benzos.

Previously been on zopiclone and the likes and didn't enjoy the side effects next day, eventually they lost effectiveness so I stopped them.

Amitriptyline often gets given out for sleep & anxiety but even at higher doses, it didn't do much for me after a while. 

Quetiapine is a pretty decent antipsychotic medication that also helps with sleep but again, unless upping the dose, I found it lost its edge for sleep.

My biggest benefit for sleep issues was to relax hours before bed, no stress, switch off phone, laptop, no bright lights etc and sleep in a dark room.

1 hour ago, Lovelyjubly said:

30mg of Diazepam is the sweet spot for me anymore is abuse any less doesn’t yield the muscle relaxant benefits 

6 hours ago, KETONES said:

30mg of Diazepam is the sweet spot for me anymore is abuse any less doesn’t yield the muscle relaxant benefits 

I would class 30mg as very high personally

Seen as how doctors more or less only prescribe 2mg to be taken 3 times a day max or maybe 5mg tabs at a push, how on earth do you get to 30mg and in one hit too?

Danny

5 minutes ago, Shergar said:

I would class 30mg as very high personally

Seen as how doctors more or less only prescribe 2mg to be taken 3 times a day max or maybe 5mg tabs at a push, how on earth do you get to 30mg and in one hit too?

Danny

Mine comes in 10mg tabs... lol 2mg?? Wouldn’t relax an ant!

These aren’t to be messed with though obviously test the water first but they even do 50mg tabs...

10 minutes ago, KETONES said:

Mine comes in 10mg tabs... lol 2mg?? Wouldn’t relax an ant!

These aren’t to be messed with though obviously test the water first but they even do 50mg tabs...

Clearly yours aren't from the NHS then buddy which is what I am alluding to regards "abuse"

Danny

3 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Clearly yours aren't from the NHS then buddy which is what I am alluding to regards "abuse"

Danny

The NHS will prescribe you up to 60mg per day if you want that?

I take 30mg once or twice a year if I get sciatica.

11 minutes ago, KETONES said:

The NHS will prescribe you up to 60mg per day if you want that?

I take 30mg once or twice a year if I get sciatica.

No wonder so many are addicted!

I've not found anything to touch bad sciatica, but then again I've never tried 30mg of diazepam lol.

I'm quite chilled on 5mg, and well chilled out on 10, never needed to go higher.

I try my best to take drugs for its medicinal effects rather than it's recreational value, hence why I found ¼ of xanax the minimum needed for my for sleep benefits, rather than dropping ½ or 1 full bar for no extra benefit.

3 minutes ago, TERBO said:

No wonder so many are addicted!

I've not found anything to touch bad sciatica, but then again I've never tried 30mg of diazepam lol.

I'm quite chilled on 5mg, and well chilled out on 10, never needed to go higher.

I try my best to take drugs for its medicinal effects rather than it's recreational value, hence why I found ¼ of xanax the minimum needed for my for sleep benefits, rather than dropping ½ or 1 full bar for no extra benefit.

Yeah GPs are a joke mate pill distribution at best..