neverminder

What's up with manlets bringing their girlfriends to gym?

17 hours ago, daringhorse said:

Fairly negative topic mate to say you're boasting about attending an expensive gym like you're living the dream, like a full blown narcissist. It's not a big deal but you're trying to be a big cheese in a place full of other people trying to be the same thing, but apparently you're doing things right, correct? And they are not being proper humans, but you are, right? Welcome to the rat race buddy where people will resort to anything to think they are sent from above to live a superior life to everybody else. Funny I say that, can't you see the irony?

It kinda takes away your point. I think the reason is because you are paying a lot of money to go to a gym that not very many people can afford to go to. So that means that the people you are probably around will be middle/higher-middle or upper class folk, or stupid irresponsible poor people who spend their hard earned wages on trying to be socially superior, who to you seem strange and alien but to their own brethren are just like normal people like you and I. So it's either you accept the fact that you're not going to get average run-of-the-mill people attending a £170 per month gym, or you find somewhere that is more up your street. Either way I'm guessing because you boasted about being in such an expensive gym it's not something that is bread and butter for you and you're doing it to look cool and rich so if that is the case this should be a wake-up call for you to see how many other people go about living out their lifestyle choices who are not cut from the same cloth as you. If you don't like it why are you trying so hard to fit in and spending £170 per month when it's going to be obvious that the demographic you will get there will be different to what you will find at much cheaper gyms?

If anything it's you who is the weird one because you're talking like you're not the same as these people yet you're trying so hard to prove that you are able to live such a lavish lifestyle and be as cool as them. Doesn't add up to me. I'd drop the act and come down a few pegs and be around your own kind of people. Or I'd suck it up and accept this is how life is for many people who genuinely do the live the life you're trying so hard to replicate, at least that seems to be the case when you're all in the gym together.

Isn't this just "quit showing off" with extra steps? 

I used to train at the same gym as my missus. I saw no issue with it, I met my training partners and did my thing and she did whatever the hell she wanted whilst we were there. 

I'd question paying 170pm for a gym. I'm guessing it must be a David lloyd where you can use all the facilities, pool, tennis courts etc. 

12 minutes ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

I used to train at the same gym as my missus. I saw no issue with it, I met my training partners and did my thing and she did whatever the hell she wanted whilst we were there. 

Yeah I'm with you, not quite seeing the issue here.

Obviously the wife lives at the same address, so why not share a lift to the gym with her?

Don't always do the same workout but don't see an issue with people who do.

Just add, you don't pay 170 quid a month for full David Lloyd access either. Was looking about that price for a couple's membership for me and the wife when we were thinking about it. 

19 minutes ago, Denied said:

Yeah I'm with you, not quite seeing the issue here.

Obviously the wife lives at the same address, so why not share a lift to the gym with her?

Don't always do the same workout but don't see an issue with people who do.

Just add, you don't pay 170 quid a month for full David Lloyd access either. Was looking about that price for a couple's membership for me and the wife when we were thinking about it. 

I remember showing my missus the ropes and where all the machines are, but after that she just wanted to listen to her music do about 30mins weights 30 cardio and I'd see her when we finished. 

Like you say, saves a car journey and for me was one of the very few activities we both enjoyed doing. 

20 minutes ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

I remember showing my missus the ropes and where all the machines are, but after that she just wanted to listen to her music do about 30mins weights 30 cardio and I'd see her when we finished. 

Like you say, saves a car journey and for me was one of the very few activities we both enjoyed doing. 

Also a bit hot watching your own mrs crush her session.... maybe just me haha

7 minutes ago, Zoob1234 said:

Also a bit hot watching your own mrs crush her session.... maybe just me haha

Honestly before I had my own home gym, the last thing on my mind would be checking out my missus at the gym. I'd usually be so stimmed/halod up, I'd be focusing solely on my own training and not anyone elses. I'd know every lift I needed to hit before the gym, and that would be the only thing on my mind making those lifts. 

22 hours ago, daringhorse said:

Fairly negative topic mate to say you're boasting about attending an expensive gym like you're living the dream, like a full blown narcissist. It's not a big deal but you're trying to be a big cheese in a place full of other people trying to be the same thing, but apparently you're doing things right, correct? And they are not being proper humans, but you are, right? Welcome to the rat race buddy where people will resort to anything to think they are sent from above to live a superior life to everybody else. Funny I say that, can't you see the irony?

It kinda takes away your point. I think the reason is because you are paying a lot of money to go to a gym that not very many people can afford to go to. So that means that the people you are probably around will be middle/higher-middle or upper class folk, or stupid irresponsible poor people who spend their hard earned wages on trying to be socially superior, who to you seem strange and alien but to their own brethren are just like normal people like you and I. So it's either you accept the fact that you're not going to get average run-of-the-mill people attending a £170 per month gym, or you find somewhere that is more up your street. Either way I'm guessing because you boasted about being in such an expensive gym it's not something that is bread and butter for you and you're doing it to look cool and rich so if that is the case this should be a wake-up call for you to see how many other people go about living out their lifestyle choices who are not cut from the same cloth as you. If you don't like it why are you trying so hard to fit in and spending £170 per month when it's going to be obvious that the demographic you will get there will be different to what you will find at much cheaper gyms?

If anything it's you who is the weird one because you're talking like you're not the same as these people yet you're trying so hard to prove that you are able to live such a lavish lifestyle and be as cool as them. Doesn't add up to me. I'd drop the act and come down a few pegs and be around your own kind of people. Or I'd suck it up and accept this is how life is for many people who genuinely do the live the life you're trying so hard to replicate, at least that seems to be the case when you're all in the gym together.

You’re not a qualified counsellor are you, babes? 

1 hour ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Honestly before I had my own home gym, the last thing on my mind would be checking out my missus at the gym. I'd usually be so stimmed/halod up, I'd be focusing solely on my own training and not anyone elses. I'd know every lift I needed to hit before the gym, and that would be the only thing on my mind making those lifts. 

Halos. You're old school 

Just now, jake87 said:

Halos. You're old school 

Absolutely love halo or mdht as a pre workout. Shame that halo is so hard to come by nowadays. Not sure of any labs putting out legit halo. 

40 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

You’re not a qualified counsellor are you, babes? 

Funny you say that I've studied psychology most of my life, specifically psychotherapy, and over the last 2 years certified in both CBT and therapeutic counselling (difference between counselling, counselling skills and therapeutic counselling). I'm training to be a mental health nurse as well as a "full" therapist. I'm also partly qualified in criminology and come from a family with long careers serving in the prison service, some of them assessing behaviour in inmates during imprisonment and then when they are released.

In counselling right now we would consider your reference to "babes" as being transference. If you Google what it means you'll find out. It simply means you are reflecting some sort of ideological relationship from your mind onto the conversation in the hopes of being able to define the relationship between you and the other person in some sort of way that relates to personal experience. So this could be an ex partner, a mother, father, it could be an abusive role model, it could even be a teacher, a friend who left you, a situation in life that had long lasting emotional implications. Often than not it also refers to a demeaning way of controlling a conversation by labelling the other person therefore assuming they are not "human enough" to warrant being who you are as an individual. So you could say this is a form of projection. A lot of projection stems in this way from perceived lacking in the self ie lack of control, lack of influence, lack of confidence, lack of social skills etc.

It's pretty evident too because you wouldn't assume with some arrogance who you are talking to is a "babes" without having a lot of misled false self delusion. Behind this self delusion usually lies a lot of issues. Issues you clearly must have considering you spend a lot of time trolling people on this particular forum.

45 minutes ago, daringhorse said:

Funny you say that I've studied psychology most of my life, specifically psychotherapy, and over the last 2 years certified in both CBT and therapeutic counselling (difference between counselling, counselling skills and therapeutic counselling). I'm training to be a mental health nurse as well as a "full" therapist. I'm also partly qualified in criminology and come from a family with long careers serving in the prison service, some of them assessing behaviour in inmates during imprisonment and then when they are released.

In counselling right now we would consider your reference to "babes" as being transference. If you Google what it means you'll find out. It simply means you are reflecting some sort of ideological relationship from your mind onto the conversation in the hopes of being able to define the relationship between you and the other person in some sort of way that relates to personal experience. So this could be an ex partner, a mother, father, it could be an abusive role model, it could even be a teacher, a friend who left you, a situation in life that had long lasting emotional implications. Often than not it also refers to a demeaning way of controlling a conversation by labelling the other person therefore assuming they are not "human enough" to warrant being who you are as an individual. So you could say this is a form of projection. A lot of projection stems in this way from perceived lacking in the self ie lack of control, lack of influence, lack of confidence, lack of social skills etc.

It's pretty evident too because you wouldn't assume with some arrogance who you are talking to is a "babes" without having a lot of misled false self delusion. Behind this self delusion usually lies a lot of issues. Issues you clearly must have considering you spend a lot of time trolling people on this particular forum.

EDIT: my comments in first para below should be passed to the OP :lol: my mistake.  It all sounds relevant to you too though daringhorse!  :P

---------

Jesus mate. You are angry at manlets, you called everyone in your gym betas and are now trying to convince us how smart you are.

If you are so educated in psychology and human behaviour you would know this is pretty much the epitomy of beta behaviour.

Alpha primates traits are reliability, stability, trustworthyness...sure they are strong and can be aggressive, but they are smart enough only to use strength and aggression when required.  Most modern studies actually show alpha primates to also be more caring fathers.  It all points to being able to look after everyone.

Betas are not stable, they are erratic and get angry over small things and often feel the need to prove themselves through violence/aggression, hence the group does not trust them to be the leader and look after their best interests.....angry over small things, trying to prove themselves....sound familiar? 

Relax, let the manlets do their thing, have some self confidence and stop bragging about paying £170 per month for a gym. Then sir, you may be on your way Alphaness!! 

Edited by IainF

8 minutes ago, daringhorse said:

Oh what a load of sh1t that is. No difference between counselling and therapeutic counselling fcuk wit. Counselling skills is a bitty 18 weeks course you do after intro to counselling and before counselling studies. 

Babes - it’s a term used for fun that some males use towards each other  when they are at ease with their own sexuality so it actually means none of the above you have mentioned. 

As for coming out with all the terms used in the world of counselling which can be found anywhere, Carl dancing skag Rogers, it’s quite easy to see who the arrogance, narcissism and self delusion is actually being projected by..... who the fcuk comes onto a bb forum to do what you’re doing? 

Someone who seems to think are so much more superior by simply intellectualising words, statements from google because he seems to think he’s better than the other members.

Fcuk me. 

As for me trolling, why don’t you come and train in the gym with me? 

1 hour ago, daringhorse said:

Dude you got issues.

Here's my suggestions (for what it's worth, speaking as one inferior to you intellectually, linguistically, financially and grammatically):

1. Lift something 

2. See a counsellor 

3. Have sex

25 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Oh what a load of sh1t that is. No difference between counselling and therapeutic counselling fcuk wit. Counselling skills is a bitty 18 weeks course you do after intro to counselling and before counselling studies. 

Babes - it’s a term used for fun that some males use towards each other  when they are at ease with their own sexuality so it actually means none of the above you have mentioned. 

As for coming out with all the terms used in the world of counselling which can be found anywhere, Carl dancing skag Rogers, it’s quite easy to see who the arrogance, narcissism and self delusion is actually being projected by..... who the fcuk comes onto a bb forum to do what you’re doing? 

Someone who seems to think are so much more superior by simply intellectualising words, statements from google because he seems to think he’s better than the other members.

Fcuk me. 

As for me trolling, why don’t you come and train in the gym with me? 

Agreed bud. This guy who is so educated in psychology seems to know f**k all about it.

'Babes' or whatever...men use derogatory names to each other all the time and there is an evolutionary reason behind it. If you call someone a name and they can laugh it off with confidence it helps with the process of assessing whether that that person is stable and can be trusted. If they lose the plot and/or try to justify why they are not a 'babes' they are more likely erratic, emotionally unstable and will feel the need to prove themselves....in lay terms you have just found out who is decent and who is a pr**k, simply by taking the piss a bit.

Just now, IainF said:

Agreed bud. This guy who is so educated in psychology seems to know f**k all about it.

'Babes' or whatever...men use derogatory names to each other all the time and there is an evolutionary reason behind it. If you call someone a name and they can laugh it off with confidence it helps with the process of assessing whether that that person is stable and can be trusted. If they lose the plot and/or try to justify why they are not a 'babes' they are more likely erratic, emotionally unstable and will feel the need to prove themselves....in lay terms you have just found out who is decent and who is a pr**k, simply by taking the piss a bit.

Don’t want to rock the boat and be worse than a child snatcher but......  damn...... sometimes males say it to females..... and..... females say it to males and other females!!!!!! 

There, I said it. Disown me if you need to but I need to be me! 

4 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

You offered 1.  a few posts up.

What a spiffingly magnanimous chap you are!

What can I say.... I like bumming the delusional.

This means I have mother issues. Good ol Oedipus.

11 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Don’t want to rock the boat and be worse than a child snatcher but......  damn...... sometimes males say it to females..... and..... females say it to males and other females!!!!!! 

There, I said it. Disown me if you need to but I need to be me! 

DISOWNED!!! 

:lol:

On 13/09/2020 at 7:57 PM, PSevens2017 said:

Strangely, I raised this subject today with some gay friends of mine to see what their thoughts were on a heterosexual male bringing his g/friend to the gym. 

Some guy in the gym (Anytime fitness) yesterday had his girlfriend helping him with forced reps on.... tricep cable push downs. Yuk!!  He wasn’t a massive roider but your typical 27 yr old dressed in the usual insta-garms. 

Probably orders from muscle food and eats muscle mousse. His missus was filming him as well.

What's the exercise where someone stands under the cable tricep cage, grabs a handle with each hand and performs bent arm front raises but with supinated (palms up) grip? Supinated cable front raise with one foot in front of the other I’m going to guess. 

1st rule of alpha lifting....... feet side by side not a tandem stance. 

You should have come and said hello mate x

On 13/09/2020 at 7:46 PM, mrwright said:

Who the f**k pays 170 a month for a gym

Yeah it's pretty steep, but this gym is one of the biggest in the world, it has something like 24 squat racks. That's right, imagine never having to wait for a squat rack. Ever.

I go and workout whenever I want, unlike my residential gym is booked up weeks in advance.

8 minutes ago, neverminder said:

Yeah it's pretty steep, but this gym is one of the biggest in the world, it has something like 24 squat racks. That's right, imagine never having to wait for a squat rack. Ever.

I go and workout whenever I want, unlike my residential gym is booked up weeks in advance.

Can you post a link to this place?