Seems due to social etc I find it hard to stick to calories and macros.

Do you binge at weekends and how do you stop or not do this, it's causing me to plateau on my cut.

1 hour ago, M.I.A said:

Seems due to social etc I find it hard to stick to calories and macros.

Do you binge at weekends and how do you stop or not do this, it's causing me to plateau on my cut.

Nope. I have one ‘cheat’ meal a week, usually a Saturday. I swap out one of my bigger meals for this. I make the most of that cheat meal and binge in one sitting, maybe a couple of beers too. Then back on plan for the rest of the weekend. And that’s on a bulk! 

how serious are you about the results of your cut?

7 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

Nope. I have one ‘cheat’ meal a week, usually a Saturday. I swap out one of my bigger meals for this. I make the most of that cheat meal and binge in one sitting, maybe a couple of beers too. Then back on plan for the rest of the weekend. And that’s on a bulk! 

Very serious but I've got a fat lazy wife and social life

Surely you can pick a cleaner treat if you're worried.

Can you not just back a bit on your meals that day to allow for a bit of a treat later that day.

I just tend to get some nice chicken tika pieces, a pitta and salad. If I need to satisfy sweet tooth, some low cal ice cream too.

Funny I heard of a lad who used to go for a Chinese or Indians then he'd jog home after putting his girlfriend in a taxi. Always an option :D

1 hour ago, M.I.A said:

Very serious but I've got a fat lazy wife and social life

Not that serious off you’re binging every weekend. Let them eat, why you have to join in? Way I don’t wanna be a fat c**t like you lot thanks 

You probably need more variety in your diet to reduce / remove cravings.

Some guys do fine on basic foods and don’t crave. Others need variety. I am somewhere in the middle.

Do you or can you cook? If so, you can make perfectly macro friendly meals that taste good. Eg lasagne, fajitas, curry.

Really depends how much time you are willing to put into it.

You aren’t by any chance running a ridiculous deficit on week days are you? As that probably isn’t helping if so...

1 hour ago, Bensif said:

You probably need more variety in your diet to reduce / remove cravings.

Some guys do fine on basic foods and don’t crave. Others need variety. I am somewhere in the middle.

Do you or can you cook? If so, you can make perfectly macro friendly meals that taste good. Eg lasagne, fajitas, curry.

Really depends how much time you are willing to put into it.

You aren’t by any chance running a ridiculous deficit on week days are you? As that probably isn’t helping if so...

about 2500k

Just now, M.I.A said:

about 2500k

You maybe need more variety during the week then. Have you tried having one meal a day, maybe dinner, that is more enjoyable to eat but still fits your diet? It’s quite easy to fit a burger with salad in if the patty is lean for example.

7 minutes ago, Bensif said:

You maybe need more variety during the week then. Have you tried having one meal a day, maybe dinner, that is more enjoyable to eat but still fits your diet? It’s quite easy to fit a burger with salad in if the patty is lean for example.

Possibly, think it is the wife or planning food as I'm out most weekends. Don't want to be a Tupperware guy

15 minutes ago, M.I.A said:

Possibly, think it is the wife or planning food as I'm out most weekends. Don't want to be a Tupperware guy

If it’s important to her to go out to eat on weekends, either plan the rest of the day around it, eg reduced calories or simply make sensible choices when eating out. 

Need the missus on side else we all know what life can be like....

47 minutes ago, M.I.A said:

Last weekend i planned my cheat day for a Saturday, so Friday was full on plan eating. Last minute dorris said we’re going out for dinner. Don’t think so, you crack on without me. I had my planned cheat Saturday with the kids. 

as above though. If you really need to go out for food over the weekend, more than once especially, plan it into you total daily cals and drop other meals. If you aren’t willing to say no, or take your own food with you, that’s the only option you’ve got. 

7 hours ago, Philfg said:

Surely you can pick a cleaner treat if you're worried.

Can you not just back a bit on your meals that day to allow for a bit of a treat later that day.

I just tend to get some nice chicken tika pieces, a pitta and salad. If I need to satisfy sweet tooth, some low cal ice cream too.

Funny I heard of a lad who used to go for a Chinese or Indians then he'd jog home after putting his girlfriend in a taxi. Always an option :D

If you can jog home after having an Indian or Chinese you're going to the wrong places!! I can barely walk home after Ive had poppadoms, onion bhaji, curry, double portion of rice, and a keema or garlic cheese naan

2 hours ago, Youdontknowme said:

Last weekend i planned my cheat day for a Saturday, so Friday was full on plan eating. Last minute dorris said we’re going out for dinner. Don’t think so, you crack on without me. I had my planned cheat Saturday with the kids. 

as above though. If you really need to go out for food over the weekend, more than once especially, plan it into you total daily cals and drop other meals. If you aren’t willing to say no, or take your own food with you, that’s the only option you’ve got. 

Also I have to guesstimate meals out as I've no nutritional info on restaurants 

2 minutes ago, M.I.A said:

Also I have to guesstimate meals out as I've no nutritional info on restaurants 

Guesstimate is better than nowt. If the goal is serious you’ll find a way. Tell the dragon to support your goals 

On 9/12/2020 at 9:58 AM, Youdontknowme said:

How big is your cheat meal?

1 minute ago, M.I.A said:

How big is your cheat meal?

Usually massive, dominos pizza with loads of sides, burger and chips out with a couple of pints, kebab, large fish n chips , etc. Usually 2k ish cals in one sitting. But remember I’m bulking lol 

the meal I swap for it is 900 cals 

29 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

Usually massive, dominos pizza with loads of sides, burger and chips out with a couple of pints, kebab, large fish n chips , etc. Usually 2k ish cals in one sitting. But remember I’m bulking lol 

the meal I swap for it is 900 cals 

so do you stay within calories or go over even on a cut? 

23 minutes ago, M.I.A said:

In all honesty it’s highly unlikely you actually need a cheat meal. Most people never do and it’s really just a way of justifying eating s**t.

Provided your overall net calorie balance delivers a deficit of ~3700kcal per week (approximately 1lb of fat) eating an excess on 1 day of 1000kcal would not hugely hinder your progress.

The deeper you go, the leaner you get, the higher the chance of this actually accelerating fat loss. It’s important to note that this works best with structured refeeds rather than cheat meals, where cheat meals are rarely tracked.

29 minutes ago, M.I.A said:

That would put my over cals for one day. Roughly 1000 cals over for the week. 

if I was on a cut I wouldn’t bother with a cheat meal. To be honest I could go without now, only reason I have one is I literally eat the same thing every day lol 

If you can stick to a diet mon-fri then just suffer hard, go protein and veg mon-fri then have your binges on the weekend. 

your performance will most likely suck but you'll still lose weight unless your binges are crazy!!!!!

or 

you can man the f**k up, grow some balls and not binge on the weekend if your serious about your goals