mbt1990

Anyone else do simplistic workout routines, also question about exercise selection

I have two questions, 

Does anyone do super simple abbreviated workouts? 

Also I'm focussing on the basics with a PPL split so are the exercises good that I've chose for the whole body?

Push
Bench Press 
Viking Press or side laterals
Tricep Extension
Stationary Bike 

Pull
Pulldown
Row
Curl 
Stationary Bike 

Legs
Squat 
Deadlift or leg Curl 
Abs
Stationary Bike 

1 minute ago, AestheticManlet said:

Id deadlift on pull day. Add in a rear delt exercise too. 

Looks ok for a basic ppl split imo, assuming this is more frequent than once a week.

Ill be doing it once a week and I have the sets and reps dialled down for me, but i do it once a week due to recovery, but its no different I suppose of doing a 3 day split of chest,tri - back,bi - legs, shoulders 

So is it good?

3 minutes ago, mbt1990 said:

Ill be doing it once a week and I have the sets and reps dialled down for me, but i do it once a week due to recovery, but its no different I suppose of doing a 3 day split of chest,tri - back,bi - legs, shoulders 

So is it good?

3 days of lifting a week you could add a few more really. 

I lift 7 days a week. If I was only doing 3 a week I could almost be dead in each session and have adequate recovery. 

Unless you're doing other sports etc on the off days?

29 minutes ago, mbt1990 said:

I have two questions, 

Does anyone do super simple abbreviated workouts? 

Also I'm focussing on the basics with a PPL split so are the exercises good that I've chose for the whole body?

Push
Bench Press 
Viking Press or side laterals
Tricep Extension
Stationary Bike 

Pull
Pulldown
Row
Curl 
Stationary Bike 

Legs
Squat 
Deadlift or leg Curl 
Abs
Stationary Bike 

I'd do

Pull

Push

Legs 

Cos hams need a rest after deads .

And don't be ashamed to insert off ad-hoc days when kg stops.

Some people can bike after squats. Some can't.

Frequency is too tied in with recovery to give a simple answer.  How old are you? Lot of difference between a 20 year old with nothing else to concentrate on than a 45 year old juggling work and family commitments. Are you natural or enhanced as that makes an enormous difference  to recovery. How hard do you train, do you eat a good diet covering all your bases, do you sleep enough or are you waking after hitting the snooze button umpteen times each morning... get my point? 3 times a week is perfectly good, its what built many of the 40s,50s and 60s best bodies and would likeky still be far more prevalent today haf Bob Hoffman won the war of magazines instead of the Weider brothers who peddled all their so called secrets. As an older lifter I like splitting upper/lower so you do 

Monday: upper

Wednesday: lower 

Friday: upper 

The following week it'll be alternate so 2 lower sessions so you hit a group 3 times in 2 weeks. Concentrate on big lifts and progressing them each session be that extra reps or a little extra weight on the bar, literally 1k will do, lots of 1k additions over a year add up to a lot. If you're fairly new you could put more on but not too fast or you'll just hit a wall sooner. 

If you're not able to keep progressing then something is off - recovery and diet first and foremost. Once more advanced you might need more volume on lifrs before adding weight, beginner's can put weight on the bar every session, intermediates every week to a month and advanced guys might need to accumulate months or even a years volume to put anything on the bar.... think if Thor tried to beat his recent deadlift record, he'd probably need a 6month or year long training plan to build to it. 

Progress is your friend, if you're progressing then whatever you're doing is working.