Sign in to follow this  
albatross

Horrible experience with PWO

I haven't used a pre-workout in quite awhile so when I got a free sample of ABE pre-workout I was just going to bin it but then I thought I would try just half a measure out of curiosity's sake.

Good grief. I had a decent workout but I just felt 'wrong' all the way through it, focused yes, but detached and nauseous as well. Me and the wife went for dinner that night and I was terrible company, no appetite and disinterested in everything. Sleep was difficult that night as well. I threw the rest away in the morning, I guess stim based PWO are just not for me anymore.  Thing is back in the day I have tried Ultimate Orange (the original) Jack3d etc and non of them made me feel quite as odd as this new one.

Anyone recommend a PWO without stims?

39 minutes ago, albatross said:

I haven't used a pre-workout in quite awhile so when I got a free sample of ABE pre-workout I was just going to bin it but then I thought I would try just half a measure out of curiosity's sake.

Good grief. I had a decent workout but I just felt 'wrong' all the way through it, focused yes, but detached and nauseous as well. Me and the wife went for dinner that night and I was terrible company, no appetite and disinterested in everything. Sleep was difficult that night as well. I threw the rest away in the morning, I guess stim based PWO are just not for me anymore.  Thing is back in the day I have tried Ultimate Orange (the original) Jack3d etc and non of them made me feel quite as odd as this new one.

I'm not good with stims, they all make me feel a bit sick. Just have a strong coffee now and red con 1 big noise. It has been mentioned on here lately. It's decent.

ABE has lots of documented adverse reactions if you look on YouTube & google, even for experienced users of strong pre workouts.

Pre workouts are quite difficult to recommend as more than any supplement I deal with there are many factors involved:  including those who love the tingle & flush from beta-alanine, some hate it, others love the stim effect from caffeine & others don’t or workout late at night so again want to avoid it. Some people want it to taste nice others neck it or scoop straight into their mouth & just want effective dosages. Some want pump, others want endurance.

80mg of niacin is just mimicking the cheap s**t it is by giving you fake beta alanine tingles, absoute con imo. only 2  off th eshelf preworkouts ill use, 5% rich pianas, and redcon1 total war, ive used many snd there all dog s**t imo

1 hour ago, albatross said:

Haha, yea ABE is potent mate. Even at 1/4 a scoop!!

I'm have a low caffeine tolerance so don't need much at all.

FWIW a small amount of caffeine will help in any pre workout (even non-stim) as it drives different pathways via vasodilation. Which in turn helps with the uptake of different ingredients making the pre more efficacious overall. Meaning you get a greater effect.

So, even if you use a non stim pre I advise to take 2 pro plus (100mg) before training.

Redcon1 Mental Trigger is very good, it has low caffeine. 3 capsules is a serving, I take 2 and I'm good to go. The cognitive enhancement is amazing.

Redcon1 Total War is also good, 7g is the sweet spot for me. Also, USN Hyperdrive is very good but often over looked as its £7 in Home Bargains.

Heh, I went about bought a bottle of ABE yesterday as the few samples I’ve tried I really enjoyed. I wanted the one with the nasal decongestant in (feels like you’re chewing airwaves chewing gum) but had to settle for the cherry cola version without it. I’m sorry to hear you’re having an adverse reaction but I’m really enjoying ABE.

Lots of love for Redcon1 on this thread so I will buy  a no stim version from them.

Might have to wait till I finish this diet I am on as I get very little pump anyway when I am on reduced calories.

2 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

Salt your meals mate. You can even take a gram or 2 of sodium pre workout.

Oh I am very salty :D

I sprinkle a little  himalayan rock salt in my drinks. I also usually have eggs every day which are of course, inedible without salt and pepper.

8 hours ago, albatross said:

Oh I am very salty :D

I sprinkle a little  himalayan rock salt in my drinks. I also usually have eggs every day which are of course, inedible without salt and pepper.

My man!