YB81

Best routine for muscle growth

Looking through loads of logs on here recently and I’ve noticed there’s so much variation on routine and rep range, so what your views on what routine actually packs on the most lean muscle ?  whats routine and rep range did you get the most out of ? I’m currently following boring but big I’m not sure the really low 3 and 1 reps are Beneficial and it increases the chance of an injury, I’m thinking of replacing them for4  sets of 5 ,  Ive always prefered PPL 3 sets of 8,

but looking back at photos of a few years ago  I looked my  biggest and leanest following an upper lower twice a week.  

Its all relevant. Other than eating for your goals one of the biggest factors is intensity.

You can do as many sets and reps as you like, there's not set rules. if only one way worked then people would only work out one way.

Just understand that the intensity between somebody that dose 1 set (going to and beyond failure) per exercise as opposed to 3 sets (sub maximal) are gonna be drastically different. However, both have the same outcome overtime... Progress.

I feel I get the most out of HIT training, 1 max set to failure in the lower hypertrophy rep ranges.

Pick a routine that suits your goals and apply the basic hypotrophy principles of linear progression. The routine that will give you the most lean muscle is the one where your diet and sleep/ rest are as equally adhered to.

Don't discount low rep ranges, they are safe indeed. You'll get ridiculously strong quick.

7 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

Its all relevant. Other than eating for your goals one of the biggest factors is intensity.

You can do as many sets and reps as you like, there's not set rules. if only one way worked then people would only work out one way.

Just understand that the intensity between somebody that dose 1 set (going to and beyond failure) per exercise as opposed to 3 sets (sub maximal) are gonna be drastically different. However, both have the same outcome overtime... Progress.

I feel I get the most out of HIT training, 1 max set to failure in the lower hypertrophy rep ranges.

Pick a routine that suits your goals and apply the basic hypotrophy principles of linear progression. The routine that will give you the most lean muscle is the one where your diet and sleep/ rest are as equally adhered to.

Don't discount low rep ranges, they are safe indeed. You'll get ridiculously strong quick.

^^^this.

There's no best routine as a @Endomorph84 has pointed out.

I prefer and I get the most out of  HIT training also,because that suits my personality.if I'm not going totally all out to failure with added forced reps,negatives,rest pause etc,I don't feel like I've trained properly.that's not too say that I haven't gained from training with more volume because I have.I just prefer brief,intense and infrequent training.doing 1 maximum all out set.

whatever system of training you choose just make sure you are progressing from week to week in some form be it increased reps,poundage etc.

Also make sure you eat good quality food and pay attention to your sleep/rest patterns.eat in a slight surplus and you'll pack on lean muscle,without adding too much bodyfat.

I think charles poliquin said it best years ago:

"The best routine for gaining muscle is the one you're not doing"

Basically every routine works,until it stops working!