Sign in to follow this  
DRKE

Knee Wraps Leg Press

Hi,

Probably a stupid question, but if you don’t ask you don’t know. I’m currently out injured with a fractured wrist and I want to carry on doing Legs, well the limited movements I can do Wrist free. Probably just be Leg Press, Leg Extensions and Hamstring Curls and some kind of Calf Movement (gym has no Calf Machine)!!!!

For the Leg Press as I won’t be using any wrist support is it worth using Knee Wraps to increase the weight I can push on the Leg Press? Or when it comes to this is it a case of if you can’t push the weight without Knee Wraps, don’t do it?

When I train I train for strength not BB. 

Hi mate, nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your wrist, hopefully you wont be out for too long.

I would advise against using wraps, for the reason that most people don't know how to get the best out of them. Plus wraps are overkill for gen population.

Knee sleeves are a better option for your situation and have more benefits.

Invest in a decent pair and they will last, make sure you buy neoprene ones (5mm and upwards) cant stress this enough. I've had the same SBD knee and elbow sleeves for 4 years this Christmas and apart from a slight pong they're every bit as good now as they were then.

SBD might seem excessive for what you're looking for, I bought mine when I was a former fatty strongman.

Rehbrand knee sleeves are cheaper and are the next best to SBD as far as I'm aware.

Strength Shop sell neoprene ones as well but I have never seen/ used them. All's I know, they're IPF approved. If they're anything like their other knee/ elbow sleeves they wont last though, avoid.

Hi mate, long long time. Hope you’ve been well and are going strong? Didn’t realise you were still about bro. Went to message you a couple of months back and realised when my phone broke I lost all my WhatsApp chats. Didn’t do a back up!

Hoping it won’t be too long. I reckon I did it training but Doc seems certain this fracture typically occurs from a fall or banging my wrist into something. I remember doing neither but he seemed convinced that must be the cause. 

Cheers for the advice mate, appreciate it, I’ll have a look into those now.

Reason I asked is popped down the gym the other day to see a mate and he put the Knee Wraps on for me and bang, did a PB on the Leg Press. Really easily as well. Thought what the hell, should’ve used these ages ago.

21 hours ago, Bensif said:

Grab a seat belt from amazon and strap your hips into the machine.

I have these fitted on our leg extension and ham curl in club too.

Hi mate,

Do you have a link for this please? I’ve found a few things and just want to make sure I’m looking at the right thing. 

17 minutes ago, DRKE said:

Hi mate,

Do you have a link for this please? I’ve found a few things and just want to make sure I’m looking at the right thing. 

Like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164236395556

You don’t want an extender, needs to have the eyehole ends. You can use a carabiner to fix it on the rear side. If this is in a commercial gym just take care not to damage their frames. We have ours fitted through the bolts on the under side of the seats.