JohnSummers

How to get TRT prescription in the UK for NHS?

Hi everybody,

I hope all you guys are doing great. Can anyone tell me how my dad can get prescribed TRT from a doctor? He is around 50 years old and gained alot of weight recently. I am pretty sure he has low test and would benefit from taking replacement therapy dose. He injured his back(herniated disc) in his 30s so he can't lift weights or run. I am trying to get him to do some cycling so he can loose weight but I think TRT would most definitely help since he has low energy levels and sleepy all the time. 

Since, I am a steroid user I can easily get him to use one of my vials of test and he knows about my steroid use. But he does not want me to give him test, he is scared because he could get enlarged prostate or prostate cancer. I also think its better that he goes to the doctor, what do you guys think ?

1 hour ago, JohnSummers said:

Hi everybody,

I hope all you guys are doing great. Can anyone tell me how my dad can get prescribed TRT from a doctor? He is around 50 years old and gained alot of weight recently. I am pretty sure he has low test and would benefit from taking replacement therapy dose. He injured his back(herniated disc) in his 30s so he can't lift weights or run. I am trying to get him to do some cycling so he can loose weight but I think TRT would most definitely help since he has low energy levels and sleepy all the time. 

Since, I am a steroid user I can easily get him to use one of my vials of test and he knows about my steroid use. But he does not want me to give him test, he is scared because he could get enlarged prostate or prostate cancer. I also think its better that he goes to the doctor, what do you guys think ?

The same way you get a prescription for anything else mate

Go GP and if you get diagnosed you get treatment 

Got GP.  Get bloods. Considering his age and declining test levels over age I’d be surprised if he gets offered TRT on the NHS, very much a numbers game in terms of levels. Worth a try before considering private though. And of course, might not be low T that’s causing the symptoms in any case. 

Hi mate.

What the guys said really.

He can either go to GP and get tests done or you can get testes online easily and may speed up the process. Might be worth checking alll levels first, it could be something completely unrelated.

Best of luck

Maybe look into lifestyle as well ? 

You are discribing most 50 year old men. Sit around with no enrgy getting fat. 

For reference I'm 54 and so many of my mates around my age are the same. 

Don't really care about their health or physical appearance.  Just think getting older = get fat and do next to nothing. 

1 hour ago, sean m said:

Maybe look into lifestyle as well ? 

You are discribing most 50 year old men. Sit around with no enrgy getting fat. 

For reference I'm 54 and so many of my mates around my age are the same. 

Don't really care about their health or physical appearance.  Just think getting older = get fat and do next to nothing. 

Yes but if you take TRT it will definitely improve energy levels and quality of life, no?

26 minutes ago, JohnSummers said:

Yes but if you take TRT it will definitely improve energy levels and quality of life, no?

No, unfortunately this is not always the case.

As said, testosterone levels may not be the issue and because you are doing steroids the idea has been put there.

First off he needs to sort his lifestyle out, clean diet and some form of doable exercise, and then if no improvement readdress issue via the doctors.

When I first started TRT (not because of AAS abuse) it did nothing for my energy levels, my mood, nor did it benefit me 'sexually'.

TRT isn't always the answer.

16 minutes ago, TERBO said:

As said, testosterone levels may not be the issue and because you are doing steroids the idea has been put there.

First off he needs to sort his lifestyle out, clean diet and some form of doable exercise, and then if no improvement readdress issue via the doctors.

When I first started TRT (not because of AAS abuse) it did nothing for my energy levels, my mood, nor did it benefit me 'sexually'.

okay homie

28 minutes ago, TERBO said:

How about DNP? That seems like a useful drug for fat loss. I see Dr Tony Huge use it to great effect, what do you think : https://anabolictv.com/2020/09/weightlifting-on-dnp-fat-burning-training-for-bodybuilding/

8 hours ago, TERBO said:

@TERBO  That's interesting. Did you consider just stopping if it gave no benefits?  Energy, mood and libido are often touted as the main benefits of trt.

15 hours ago, JohnSummers said:

How about DNP? 

Never used so can't advise but I wouldn't be giving my 50 year old dad a drug like that.

If weight was gained naturally during lockdown then it should be easily removed naturally.

6 hours ago, Seppuku71 said:

@TERBO  That's interesting. Did you consider just stopping if it gave no benefits?  

On paper my levels were low but there were other influences personally affecting me.

I did stop for a while and felt even worse all round.

22 hours ago, Pez189 said:

Wouldn’t recommend that. :P 

20 hours ago, Wildkid said:

@Pez189 maybe the might turn up in a brown paper bag freshly cut? Bet the bloke who sacrificed them wasn’t happy though! 

Har har, very funny lads ;)

Fair play

21 hours ago, JohnSummers said:

Hi

As has been said trt unfortunately isn't always a golden bullet.  

Get his full blood work done  (probably need to do it private to get all the needed tests) . 

Also a problem with adding testosterone to someone who's a bit fat can cause the opposite of what you want due to high eromatization  (excuse spelling). That turns the testosterone into estrogen.  

Even at "only "  15ish  % body fat I was turning most of my trt into estrogen and at 90mg /week  my e spiked enough to get side effects and need a  Ai.  

I've never used DNP but have read lots of bad story's about it so giving it to a unfit over weight  50 year old is likely to give you your inheritance sooner than expected. 

On 03/09/2020 at 11:31 AM, JohnSummers said:

Hi everybody,

John, who told him he can’t do weights or run and did someone tell him that 20 years ago/was it properly diagnosed? 

If a 20 yr old injury prevents him from lifting no weights at all (which I really can’t see) or has left your Dad with the belief he can’t lift or run through fear of further damage. then maybe the disc issue needs revisiting so a fresher diagnosis can be made. This could at least, potentially,  increase his options for types of activity he can engage in. 

First off would be blood panel to see how he’s doing. 

Maybe go private clinic if funds allow. Otherwise Dr route if trt seems to be only option. 

On 03/09/2020 at 11:49 PM, JohnSummers said:

How about DNP? That seems like a useful drug for fat loss. I see Dr Tony Huge use it to great effect, what do you think : https://anabolictv.com/2020/09/weightlifting-on-dnp-fat-burning-training-for-bodybuilding/

No to DNP, John. That’s ridiculous and there are far safer ways to get your Dad healthier and fitter. 

On 06/09/2020 at 11:07 AM, PSevens2017 said:

John, who told him he can’t do weights or run and did someone tell him that 20 years ago/was it properly diagnosed? 

If a 20 yr old injury prevents him from lifting no weights at all (which I really can’t see) or has left your Dad with the belief he can’t lift or run through fear of further damage. then maybe the disc issue needs revisiting so a fresher diagnosis can be made. This could at least, potentially,  increase his options for types of activity he can engage in. 

Hi, I am back. I got banned for a week for uploading a picture of testosterone. 

I will speak to him regarding his injury and perhaps advise him to re-evaluate the situation. 

On 06/09/2020 at 11:10 AM, PSevens2017 said:

No to DNP, John. That’s ridiculous and there are far safer ways to get your Dad healthier and fitter. 

DNP seems to be safe for the people who actually have used it but I think you are right in saying that it is not worth experimenting on your dad.