swole troll

Nootropic discussion

@swole troll i've experienced with modafinil/armodafinil a lot, daily use (200mg tab modafinil in the morning + one coffee) for like 2-3 months at work. i got a nasty side effect on my bladder, to the point where i had to use the toilet every 30-35minutes and constantly have the "feeling" of going. it became a real problem so i had to stop. do you recommend anything that might stop the bladder for going crazy? i can admit i had a way better performance at work while on those tabs. 

Edited by Mr. AL

18 minutes ago, Mr. AL said:

@swole troll i've experienced with modafinil/armodafinil a lot, daily use (200mg tab modafinil in the morning + one coffee) for like 2-3 months at work. i got a nasty side effect on my bladder, to the point where i had to use the toilet every 30-35minutes and constantly have the "feeling" of going. it became a real problem so i had to stop. do you recommend anything that might stop the bladder for going crazy? i can admit i had a way better performance at work while on those tabs. 

I'm afraid not. 

I've not a great deal of experience with nootropics myself having only recently starting to dabble in a wider variety.

Modafinil I used once many years back and can't say I suffered this side effect which by your description would suggest some sort of diuretic effect. 

1 hour ago, swole troll said:

I'm afraid not. 

I've not a great deal of experience with nootropics myself having only recently starting to dabble in a wider variety.

Modafinil I used once many years back and can't say I suffered this side effect which by your description would suggest some sort of diuretic effect. 

thanks for your reply. quick question, you think is it possible for me to ask in any specific category on this forum to find something preventing the diuretic effect? im thinking that maybe others had similar problems, can you direct me? enjoy the rest of your weekend bud. 

4 hours ago, Mr. AL said:

thanks for your reply. quick question, you think is it possible for me to ask in any specific category on this forum to find something preventing the diuretic effect? im thinking that maybe others had similar problems, can you direct me? enjoy the rest of your weekend bud. 

Since the question is pertaining to a potential side effect of modafinil it'd be most appropriately categorised in the PED section of the forum 

https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/forum/163-performance-enhancing-drugs/

28 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

@swole troll How did you get on with the Alpha GPH?  Any noticeable benefits? 

Literally nothing mate. 

The only nootropic like effect I've had is from mvpre 

Crack the code of what's having the effect in that and you have a worthy nootropic but I have a hunch it's down to the complex rather than a singular ingredient.

But to summarize 

Alpha gpc 

Choline 

Lions mane

Huperzine a 

Noopept 

None had any noticeable effect and it wasn't cheap to find this out with good quality products and dosages.

1 hour ago, swole troll said:

Literally nothing mate. 

The only nootropic like effect I've had is from mvpre 

Crack the code of what's having the effect in that and you have a worthy nootropic but I have a hunch it's down to the complex rather than a singular ingredient.

But to summarize 

Alpha gpc 

Choline 

Lions mane

Huperzine a 

Noopept 

None had any noticeable effect and it wasn't cheap to find this out with good quality products and dosages.

Thanks mate, I’ll scrub that from the ‘to try’ list.

As an aside I tried a sample of Hydrazine from Predator Nutrition last week as a pre-workout and felt very switched on from a focus perspective.  Not overly stimulated, just very focused.  Ingredients are:

Bauhinia Purpurea Extract (leaf and pod), Cacao Extract (fruit), Caffeine Anhydrous, Cymbidium Goeringii Extract (whole plant), Kigelia Africana Extract (fruit).

1 hour ago, Ironman TS said:

Thanks mate, I’ll scrub that from the ‘to try’ list.

As an aside I tried a sample of Hydrazine from Predator Nutrition last week as a pre-workout and felt very switched on from a focus perspective.  Not overly stimulated, just very focused.  Ingredients are:

Bauhinia Purpurea Extract (leaf and pod), Cacao Extract (fruit), Caffeine Anhydrous, Cymbidium Goeringii Extract (whole plant), Kigelia Africana Extract (fruit).

JP has just released a stack nootropic product that is probably worth looking into. 

Purple neon theme tub (I'm crap with names lol) 

41 minutes ago, swole troll said:

JP has just released a stack nootropic product that is probably worth looking into. 

Purple neon theme tub (I'm crap with names lol) 

Just looked it up ‘Dial-in’.  Think I’ll order some and be the guinea pig :D

I’ve yet to find a nootropic product that’s either had the desired effect or hasn’t worn off within a couple of uses.

I’ve read numerous rave (legit) reviews of things like Controlled Labs Brainwash and one or two others and they felt like I was just drinking some really sour cordial with zip all benefit.