Philfg

What cars do you drive?

I'm a petrol head and alway have been. Currently have a mk2 focus rs. Had all sorts or chavy loud boyracer cars at at 44 i carnt see that changing soon, my wife wishes it would though, get the old "when are you actually going to grow up and im not going out in that thing" comments all the time.

Think you can judge a man alot buy their car so let's have it.

2 hours ago, Philfg said:

I'm a petrol head and alway have been.

Me too, owned hundreds of cars from twin turbos to M3's and modded most, but like you, kept getting earache and finally I couldn't justify costs.

We didn't really need two cars so after a spell in a people carrier (kids), I bought a Mini Cooper as my daily runaround.

I still have the itch but low tax, insurance and running costs won me over.

Had all sorts over the years, Subaru, VXR, Nova sr, XR3i  (they were the days). Now I drive a 2019 Volvo XC60  very nice to drive and I can get all my s**t in the back.

1 hour ago, tiny76 said:

Had all sorts over the years, Subaru, VXR, Nova sr, XR3i  (they were the days). Now I drive a 2019 Volvo XC60  very nice to drive and I can get all my s**t in the back.

I love the novas.

I've just sold my r5 gtt id owned for 11 years. 

Had plenty of high powered motors, bought a Range Rover before lockdown and ended up losing my job, sold the range and lost a s**t tonne of money.

Currently smoking round in a Octavia VRS Estate until we move into a bigger house this year. Once all that’s done and dusted, going to be looking at either a mk7 golf R, f type, m3 etc... just something with some poke again. 

4 hours ago, Philfg said:

I'm a petrol head and alway have been. Currently have a mk2 focus rs. Had all sorts or chavy loud boyracer cars at at 44 i carnt see that changing soon, my wife wishes it would though, get the old "when are you actually going to grow up and im not going out in that thing" comments all the time.

I don’t own a car. 

Easy to work a man out when they base their conclusions on an assumption :thumbup1:

So what you’re saying is you’re a Ford Focus deep down?

I don't think you  can do anything of the sort. In the space of 7 years of my life I owned a Porsche 911,  c250  Mercedes, Peugeot 106 1.0, Range Rover and a 1.6  Focus.

Circumstances at a particular time in life dictate everything and it is not always to do with money.

I drive a Daihatsu wind pacer!

8 seater, 1200bhp, tinted windows and a full bore exhaust system worth £36!!

Yeah it’s quite a head turner or some would say a pussy magnet!

I meet up with other bellends at McDonald’s on Friday nights and pretend we’re just like the fast n furious boys but we’re not we live in  Maidstone it’s nowhere near California! 

Just got a Audi S5 and am liking it, my first Audi. My past 3 cars were all Porsches 2 boxsters and a 911, so fancied a complete change.  I drive a little van everyday as my day to day run around for business,  so my cars are just a weekend toy. I was looking at bmw 435,s . But decided am too much of a petrol head lol. Drove my mates rs3 and was very impressed with it. I think am maybe a bit old now for hot hatches , but I do like the golf r and rs3,s ect. Another possible choice was the c63 AMG coupe on a 12 to 14 plate as last of the V8s , as I think they will hold there money as a classic.  Must admit I do like my cars .

On a separate note, anybody waiting for a logbook ect of DVLA ? Am waiting for mine so I can put my private reg on . But apparently there is a massive back log due to covid,  just wondering how soon any of you guys had to wait ? Thanks 

8 hours ago, Wildkid said:

Had plenty of high powered motors, bought a Range Rover before lockdown and ended up losing my job, sold the range and lost a s**t tonne of money.

Currently smoking round in a Octavia VRS Estate until we move into a bigger house this year. Once all that’s done and dusted, going to be looking at either a mk7 golf R, f type, m3 etc... just something with some poke again. 

Like the range rovers but they do seem to loose alot of cash quick.

My last car was a vrs octavia, great car, never missed a beat. Golf rs are a great to from what i know. Ive been looking at the clubsport s and tcr gtis. M3s also seem to loose a whack of cash if buying newer.

8 hours ago, Sasnak said:
8 hours ago, MrBrightside said:

Mins is only 2015 so nothing amazing. 472bhp.

That must of had some work? I bet she goes well. I drove one last year and did like it, that too was a 2015. Its definitely on my next car list.

7 hours ago, KETONES said:

So what you’re saying is you’re a Ford Focus deep down?

Not really thought about it to much, just like cars and im not to bothered if it has a ford badge on the front.

7 hours ago, albatross said:

I don't think you  can do anything of the sort. In the space of 7 years of my life I owned a Porsche 911,  c250  Mercedes, Peugeot 106 1.0, Range Rover and a 1.6  Focus.

Circumstances at a particular time in life dictate everything and it is not always to do with money.

I totally agree. Im not saying money has anything to do with it, ive had the same cheap run abouts and more expensive cars, ive never had anything flashy though, let's face it most done buy them these days anyway, put on a pcp. 

1 hour ago, M73 said:

Just got a Audi S5 and am liking it, my first Audi. My past 3 cars were all Porsches 2 boxsters and a 911, so fancied a complete change.  I drive a little van everyday as my day to day run around for business,  so my cars are just a weekend toy. I was looking at bmw 435,s . But decided am too much of a petrol head lol. Drove my mates rs3 and was very impressed with it. I think am maybe a bit old now for hot hatches , but I do like the golf r and rs3,s ect. Another possible choice was the c63 AMG coupe on a 12 to 14 plate as last of the V8s , as I think they will hold there money as a classic.  Must admit I do like my cars .

On a separate note, anybody waiting for a logbook ect of DVLA ? Am waiting for mine so I can put my private reg on . But apparently there is a massive back log due to covid,  just wondering how soon any of you guys had to wait ? Thanks 

What was your 911? 996 997? I like the 997 and from what i know the gen 2 seem a realy reliable car. 

A friend of mine has the c63 amg, loves it, he's come from evos, fast bms etc. Drinks petrol he says. Not so bad if your commute is just short.