Philfg

What cars do you drive?

not really a car fan so to speak, theyre just a piece of tin with wheels.

i drive a 300C, nice motor, suits me due to its size, but had a few problems sensors in it.

i prefer driving my transit TBH

i also like driving my dads Toyota Amazon, beast of a 4x4, everyone moves out your way when you drive that!

1 hour ago, Philfg said:

Like the range rovers but they do seem to loose alot of cash quick.

My last car was a vrs octavia, great car, never missed a beat. Golf rs are a great to from what i know. Ive been looking at the clubsport s and tcr gtis. M3s also seem to loose a whack of cash if buying newer.

And they break all the fu**ing time. I just hated that every single job usually requires the whole body of the car to be lifted off. I’ve always spannered most my cars myself and it’s something you can’t do on a Range Rover without owning your own personal 2/4 post ramp. 

You won’t be disappointed with a golf R/TCR/ Clubsport etc, easy enough to spend a bit of money on them and get it sitting around 500hp with cheap running costs of a 2.0 petrol. 

59 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

not really a car fan so to speak, theyre just a piece of tin with wheels.

i drive a 300C, nice motor, suits me due to its size, but had a few problems sensors in it.

i prefer driving my transit TBH

i also like driving my dads Toyota Amazon, beast of a 4x4, everyone moves out your way when you drive that!

I’m the same had nice cars but always go back to having a transit they aren’t like driving vans anymore especially if you get them mapped 

1 hour ago, Philfg said:

Not really thought about it to much, just like cars and im not to bothered if it has a ford badge on the front.

Oh well in that case you could be a cheap Chinese knock off!!

1 hour ago, jd said:

I’m the same had nice cars but always go back to having a transit they aren’t like driving vans anymore especially if you get them mapped 

yeah theyre comfy as hell now. Air con, cruise control, etc. Great mpg too. 

im forever putting diesel in my 300C, does 22mpg, sick of taking it to a petrol station. 20 quid in a transit will last you ages. 

15 hours ago, Philfg said:

I'm a petrol head and alway have been. Currently have a mk2 focus rs. Had all sorts or chavy loud boyracer cars at at 44 i carnt see that changing soon, my wife wishes it would though, get the old "when are you actually going to grow up and im not going out in that thing" comments all the time.

Think you can judge a man alot buy their car so let's have it.

320d - daily,  

Mx5 turbo - winter track car

Radical- race car 

Its all about the race track for me. 

58 minutes ago, wilko1985 said:

320d - daily,  

Mx5 turbo - winter track car

Radical- race car 

Its all about the race track for me. 

What circuits have you done?

I'm up north so have done Croft, Knockhill and we did a trip to Cadwell, cracking track.

8 minutes ago, Philfg said:

What circuits have you done?

I'm up north so have done Croft, Knockhill and we did a trip to Cadwell, cracking track.

Nice, I'm down south so prefer snetterton, donny and Silverstone with the radical, then Bedford with the mx5.   Donny is an immense track if you ever get a chance. 

6 minutes ago, wilko1985 said:

Nice, I'm down south so prefer snetterton, donny and Silverstone with the radical, then Bedford with the mx5.   Donny is an immense track if you ever get a chance. 

Always fancied donny.

I used to track my evo then my r5 gtt ive just sold. The r5 was stripped out, cage etc and bloody uncomfortable so going to far was out. Now in the focus I trip further afield may be an option. 

Vauxhall insignia VXR 2.8 4x4 360bhp stage 1. Running costs aren’t the issue nearly £500 per year tax is.

Next car will be a s4 avant. Need the boot and roof rack. Around 2013/2014 for £20,000. Stage 1 map will take it to 382bhp 

7 hours ago, Philfg said:

Anybody owned a mustang? 

@drwae

I just bought a Smart for four.

Solid white with bright orange interior.

0-60 in 23 seconds.

Group 1 insurance

Zero road tax

...so Fuk you all and your nasty comments 

43 minutes ago, js77 said:

@drwae

I just bought a Smart for four.

Solid white with bright orange interior.

0-60 in 23 seconds.

Group 1 insurance

Zero road tax

...so Fuk you all and your nasty comments 

I remember a lad on Muscketalk way back when - decent standard bodybuilder based in Scotland, big lad - might have been called Scott and may have developed some mental or physical health issues over time from what I recall?

Anyway, I digress...  I remember him driving around in one of the original Smart cars, lad was as wide as the car, looked funny as f**k getting in and out of it :lol:

6 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

I remember a lad on Muscketalk way back when - decent standard bodybuilder based in Scotland, big lad - might have been called Scott and may have developed some mental or physical health issues over time from what I recall?

Anyway, I digress...  I remember him driving around in one of the original Smart cars, lad was as wide as the car, looked funny as f**k getting in and out of it :lol:

I bought my first one in 2010.....yes this is not my first time...  and weighed 21 stone. Would give a pal of mine a lift home from work who was a 19 stone heavyweight boxer quite regularly.

I accidentally cut up a BMW 5 series full of lads on Park Lane going home after work and they started flashing us to pull over... we did and we both got out... I’ve never seen a car accelerate off so fast ... cool story eh....:whistling:

7 hours ago, Wildkid said:

And they break all the fu**ing time. I just hated that every single job usually requires the whole body of the car to be lifted off. I’ve always spannered most my cars myself and it’s something you can’t do on a Range Rover without owning your own personal 2/4 post ramp. 

You won’t be disappointed with a golf R/TCR/ Clubsport etc, easy enough to spend a bit of money on them and get it sitting around 500hp with cheap running costs of a 2.0 petrol. 

The sales man at work bought a 12 plate over finch spec range in white. Everyone told him not to and he's already spent over 1k on it. Apparently a maf went so he replaced both and now the inlet manifolds are cracking. Looks like a Indian restaurant owners son in it aswell 

For the last few years I have just leased. it is expensive but it avoids all the hassle of owning a vehicle especially if you bolt on servicing as well.

It is generally 2 year leases. An advantage is that a few months before handing one back you get to look around for the next good deal. I am not bothered about what I get so long as its a good deal.  Our last lease was an Audi S4 for 370 a month. We have also had a Golf R for 270 and a BMW 240i for about 320 

The good deals are usually oversupply where the manufacturers need to offload some stock.  Due to Covid it looks like decent deals are thin on the ground for the foreseeable future.

15 hours ago, Philfg said:

What was your 911? 996 997? I like the 997 and from what i know the gen 2 seem a realy reliable car. 

A friend of mine has the c63 amg, loves it, he's come from evos, fast bms etc. Drinks petrol he says. Not so bad if your commute is just short. 

993 - wish I had held onto it to be honest, a few years after I let it go the used prices went through the roof.

I have never owned a V8 and I have always wanted a c63 - It would certainly be an event every time you got in and fired up that engine.

21 hours ago, Philfg said:

What was your 911? 996 997? I like the 997 and from what i know the gen 2 seem a realy reliable car. 

A friend of mine has the c63 amg, loves it, he's come from evos, fast bms etc. Drinks petrol he says. Not so bad if your commute is just short. 

It was a 996 c2. It was a nice car . Must admit I do like the c63,s 

Il be keeping my M4 for at least another year. I’ve had it for 5 years now. 

They are actually fairly cheap to own as long as you keep it in warranty. It’s had some issues recently but all covered under warranty. Last service cost me £190 so can’t complain.

Waiting for a half decent electric at a reasonable price to come out. The Mecan electric looks promising.

1 hour ago, Bensif said:

Il be keeping my M4 for at least another year. I’ve had it for 5 years now. 

They are actually fairly cheap to own as long as you keep it in warranty. It’s had some issues recently but all covered under warranty. Last service cost me £190 so can’t complain.

Waiting for a half decent electric at a reasonable price to come out. The Mecan electric looks promising.

I like the m3 think that's a car I will look at along with rs3, rs6, do maybe two years in that then go electric too.

I love the tesla 3 but can't afford one and I'm not getting debt for a car, maybe get one when they are 3 year old.

Going to look up the mecan not heard of them.