Sign in to follow this  
BuffPup

Hydrolyzed Collagen helps for weak tendons/joints?

Has any of you guys tried Hydrolyzed Collagen? Especially those who have/had issues with tendons and joints pain after doing heavy lifts. Did it work for you or not really? Read on many medical websites that it helps to strengthen connective tissues. Everyone most welcome to post your experiences here.

From what i've read, you need the right type of collagen for joints. Pretty sure it's type 2 collagen for that, usually sold in capsules.  I think the hydrolyzed stuff is type 1 & 3, more for skin health.

Just ordered a kilo from myprotein at £16... got a good deal; 25% off! So saved £4. 

Meh! Postage was £3.99 :lol:

(Me knees/shoulders are at that age!)

On 29/08/2020 at 10:10 AM, hmgs said:

Just ordered a kilo from myprotein at £16... got a good deal; 25% off! So saved £4. 

Meh! Postage was £3.99 :lol:

(Me knees/shoulders are at that age!)

That's the one I've ordered too! Only in 500 gr bag.

On 28/08/2020 at 9:42 PM, Seppuku71 said:

From what i've read, you need the right type of collagen for joints. Pretty sure it's type 2 collagen for that, usually sold in capsules.  I think the hydrolyzed stuff is type 1 & 3, more for skin health.

Agree you probably mean UC-II undenaturated collagen it is like especially for joints and it may help people with arthritis. I think it is in capsules.  However many sources say that hydrolized collagen is also just as good  for your joints, bones, tendons as well as for your skin and hair. There seem to be a lot of different amino acids in that collagen and they all work together. Hydrolized collagen has also been studied the most as far as I know.

On 30/08/2020 at 6:57 PM, PSevens2017 said:

Maybe try rehab (plus some time off) for tendon issues. Will serve you better in the long run. 

Was thinking that too. Or maybe a good deload? I have no deloading experience so far. I might search for some threads here or start a new one about it. Especially now that I'm doing a lot of 5x5 lifts I feel like I might need to deload soon.

3 minutes ago, BuffPup said:

Was thinking that too. Or maybe a good deload? I have no deloading experience so far. I might search for some threads here or start a new one about it. Especially now that I'm doing a lot of 5x5 lifts I feel like I might need to deload soon.

Take a week off. See how you feel after that.  If you need 2 weeks off, just do it. Your body will thank you for it. I don’t start inject something peptide or taking some supplement if I’m in pain along with continuation of current training intensity. Makes zero sense. 

Taking a break is good mentally too. Especially if you’ve been hitting the strength rep ranges. As I’ve gotten older, I respect & appreciates time away from the  gym. I feel refreshed and excited about returning to the gym after a break. 

Start a thread about it to see what works for different people.  Then you can try what you fancy. I feel the main theme will be just to take a break.

Longevity in training needs a smart approach.  Can’t keep going all out. Burn out will come a knocking else. 

Tried a lot of supplements for the same reasons - Collagen, cissus, capsicum, glucosamine & chrondritin. To be honest, they were all a waste of cash for me anyway - not saying they dont work but over a 1 month + trial period for each one, not the slightest difference .Every supplement site I put up an honest review on they were never published also so take whatever you want from that