Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
faangs

Conditioner for Minoxidil

Recommended Posts

I started some minoxidil to prevent hair loss. But it makes my hair brittle. I was told to use a good conditioner but I don't know what this means (i.e what is 'good')? 

Anyone on this type of treatment, and what conditioner do you use? I want my hair normal again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faangs said:

I started some minoxidil to prevent hair loss. But it makes my hair brittle. I was told to use a good conditioner but I don't know what this means (i.e what is 'good')? 

Anyone on this type of treatment, and what conditioner do you use? I want my hair normal again. 

Makes my hair feel thicker, you using enough water with it? I leave mine in over night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cronus said:

Makes my hair feel thicker, you using enough water with it? I leave mine in over night

Not the shampoo. I’m using some spray which contains minoxidil. Yeah I spray and leave over night. What do you use / do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faangs said:

Anyone on this type of treatment, and what conditioner do you use? I want my hair normal again. 

What spray are you using, anything else in it that can dry hair out?

I use Groganics DHT shampoo a few times a week, really thickens hair and makes it feel soft, so no need for a conditioner afterwards.

When using Nizoral I tend to use a conditioner but nothing special, any decent conditioner from the shops will do, just leave it in a few minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TERBO said:

What spray are you using, anything else in it that can dry hair out?

I use Groganics DHT shampoo a few times a week, really thickens hair and makes it feel soft, so no need for a conditioner afterwards.

When using Nizoral I tend to use a conditioner but nothing special, any decent conditioner from the shops will do, just leave it in a few minutes.

I am using the spray from 'manual' london. My hair is not that bad, but its not soft like it used to be. It is like this: https://www.manual.co/hair-loss/complete-hair-loss-plan except it contains 5% minoxidl and some finestride. 

You use this shampoo? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Groganics-growthick-fattening-shampoo-236-57ml/dp/B0068249VA/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Groganics+DHT+shampoo&qid=1598121828&sr=8-5 I can try one bottle. The back/sides are soft and look thick, its mainly the top, I keep the hair a bit longer so it doesn't look like I'm loosing it, but if it was thicker it would make the style look a lot better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faangs said:

I am using the spray from 'manual' london. 

Seems an expensive way to do it mate, surely you could source them separately for cheaper.

2 hours ago, faangs said:

You use this shampoo?

Yes that's the stuff, slightly less money here on Ebay. Groganics also do a conditioner too.

Mine is starting to thin around the crown, rest of hair is thick... using a home brew of minoxidil & DMSO and find using that shampoo plus nizoral a few times a week really helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TERBO said:

Seems an expensive way to do it mate, surely you could source them separately for cheaper.

Yes that's the stuff, slightly less money here on Ebay. Groganics also do a conditioner too.

Mine is starting to thin around the crown, rest of hair is thick... using a home brew of minoxidil & DMSO and find using that shampoo plus nizoral a few times a week really helps.

My hair got bad and I went to belgravia for a year to get it back. Now I’m on manual for 3-6 months. It’s almost all back. Then I will slowly downgrade and maintain now that I am more aware of this. Didn’t want to risk going bald initially as I’m young lol. 

Thanks will buy it and try it out. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/08/2020 at 5:36 PM, faangs said:

Not the shampoo. I’m using some spray which contains minoxidil. Yeah I spray and leave over night. What do you use / do?

does it work? do you have hair growth on the other body parts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×