Sign in to follow this  
faangs

Conditioner for Minoxidil

I started some minoxidil to prevent hair loss. But it makes my hair brittle. I was told to use a good conditioner but I don't know what this means (i.e what is 'good')? 

Anyone on this type of treatment, and what conditioner do you use? I want my hair normal again. 

1 hour ago, faangs said:

I started some minoxidil to prevent hair loss. But it makes my hair brittle. I was told to use a good conditioner but I don't know what this means (i.e what is 'good')? 

Anyone on this type of treatment, and what conditioner do you use? I want my hair normal again. 

Makes my hair feel thicker, you using enough water with it? I leave mine in over night

1 hour ago, Cronus said:

Makes my hair feel thicker, you using enough water with it? I leave mine in over night

Not the shampoo. I’m using some spray which contains minoxidil. Yeah I spray and leave over night. What do you use / do?

2 hours ago, faangs said:

What spray are you using, anything else in it that can dry hair out?

I use Groganics DHT shampoo a few times a week, really thickens hair and makes it feel soft, so no need for a conditioner afterwards.

When using Nizoral I tend to use a conditioner but nothing special, any decent conditioner from the shops will do, just leave it in a few minutes.

2 hours ago, TERBO said:

What spray are you using, anything else in it that can dry hair out?

I use Groganics DHT shampoo a few times a week, really thickens hair and makes it feel soft, so no need for a conditioner afterwards.

When using Nizoral I tend to use a conditioner but nothing special, any decent conditioner from the shops will do, just leave it in a few minutes.

I am using the spray from 'manual' london. My hair is not that bad, but its not soft like it used to be. It is like this: https://www.manual.co/hair-loss/complete-hair-loss-plan except it contains 5% minoxidl and some finestride. 

You use this shampoo? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Groganics-growthick-fattening-shampoo-236-57ml/dp/B0068249VA/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Groganics+DHT+shampoo&qid=1598121828&sr=8-5 I can try one bottle. The back/sides are soft and look thick, its mainly the top, I keep the hair a bit longer so it doesn't look like I'm loosing it, but if it was thicker it would make the style look a lot better. 

I am using the spray from 'manual' london. 

Seems an expensive way to do it mate, surely you could source them separately for cheaper.

You use this shampoo?

Yes that's the stuff, slightly less money here on Ebay. Groganics also do a conditioner too.

Mine is starting to thin around the crown, rest of hair is thick... using a home brew of minoxidil & DMSO and find using that shampoo plus nizoral a few times a week really helps.

22 hours ago, TERBO said:

Seems an expensive way to do it mate, surely you could source them separately for cheaper.

Yes that's the stuff, slightly less money here on Ebay. Groganics also do a conditioner too.

Mine is starting to thin around the crown, rest of hair is thick... using a home brew of minoxidil & DMSO and find using that shampoo plus nizoral a few times a week really helps.

My hair got bad and I went to belgravia for a year to get it back. Now I’m on manual for 3-6 months. It’s almost all back. Then I will slowly downgrade and maintain now that I am more aware of this. Didn’t want to risk going bald initially as I’m young lol. 

Thanks will buy it and try it out. :)

On 22/08/2020 at 5:36 PM, faangs said:

Not the shampoo. I’m using some spray which contains minoxidil. Yeah I spray and leave over night. What do you use / do?

does it work? do you have hair growth on the other body parts?