BUFFMAN

Most bizarre/sureal thing you've ever seen at the gym?

My experiences are probably quite dull compared to some of yours, as I haven't been lifting long (three years).

Seen a guy yesterday (big bastard n' all) training in jeans.  Also about a year ago an elderly gent doing cardio (then later chest) in a full on knitted jumper.  Made me itch just looking at him. 

There's also another chap (really nice bloke to be fair, chats to everyone) very overweight, trains chest EVERY day he is there, this is sometimes 2-3 days in a row, same routine for about two years now.  Obviously I don't want to be one of those dickheads that tells him he's doing it wrong, but what can you do?

There's a lad at my old gym pre workouted off his nut, started dancing away in the free weights area.

Another lad, one of these youtubers won't say his name wore a big gold watch when training, it was that big his lifts must have been off. 

Real fit lass wearing tight white shorts and red t-shirt with no bra had been in a couple of times when she tells the owner she's desperate to lose weight. Pleading almost. Only thing for it, he tells her, is skipping. Before we know it he's given her a skipping rope and her tits are flying this way and that. Suddenly the whole gym comes to a halt as we all watch this incredible sight mesmerized. Then the chanting started "faster! Faster! Faster!". It was truly incredible and for some reason I have never forgotten it. 

1 minute ago, Kazza61 said:

Real fit lass wearing tight white shorts and red t-shirt with no bra had been in a couple of times when she tells the owner she's desperate to lose weight. Pleading almost. Only thing for it, he tells her, is skipping. Before we know it he's given her a skipping rope and her tits are flying this way and that. Suddenly the whole gym comes to a halt as we all watch this incredible sight mesmerized. Then the chanting started "faster! Faster! Faster!". It was truly incredible and for some reason I have never forgotten it. 

Was this in the gym or on your computer? :lol:

3 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Was this in the gym or on your computer? :lol:

It was before the days of computers. (She's probably old and fat now!). My mate was there too and that story will always crop up somewhere in the evening when we go out for a pint. I wish it was on the computer though so I could watch it over and over again instead of just having to remember it! 

40 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

It was before the days of computers. (She's probably old and fat now!). My mate was there too and that story will always crop up somewhere in the evening when we go out for a pint. I wish it was on the computer though so I could watch it over and over again instead of just having to remember it! 

Kids of today dont know they were born. Back in the day, the memory had to be sharp as a razor. Haha. 

24 minutes ago, Restless83 said:

Walked out the showers 6am to see 2 lads knocking f**k out of each other (No homo) The tren must of defo been legit :D

Did I try and split it up??

Did I f**k stood and watched,ain't my buisness :thumb

Dafuq?!

25 minutes ago, Restless83 said:

Walked out the showers 6am to see 2 lads knocking f**k out of each other (No homo) The tren must of defo been legit :D

Did I try and split it up??

Did I f**k stood and watched,ain't my buisness :thumb

A real man would have started taking bets on the winner.

1 hour ago, Philfg said:

There's a lad at my old gym pre workouted off his nut, started dancing away in the free weights area.

Another lad, one of these youtubers won't say his name wore a big gold watch when training, it was that big his lifts must have been off. 

Why won’t you say his name? 

Got a regular guy at my gym young lad comes in with jeans and a shirt hair gelled and smart shoes on  trains goes home and comes back with a different set of clothes on and trains again . Gets the whole gym in hysterics and taking photos . A real odd ball 

I say the same thing everytime this kind of thread pops up, old fat guy, (I'm pretty sure he lives at the gym he's there so much), never trains, just annoys people, correcting their form, recalling stories of "back in the day" when " he used to be massive" etc etc.

@AncientOldBloke

5 minutes ago, ThatsLife said:

I say the same thing everytime this kind of thread pops up, old fat guy, (I'm pretty sure he lives at the gym he's there so much), never trains, just annoys people, correcting their form, recalling stories of "back in the day" when " he used to be massive" etc etc.

@AncientOldBloke

Ahh, the fat predator. Usually targets women.

There’s a guy who trains in the gym I go to. Oddball. He also works (or used to) in Cafe Nero in Sutton high street. So, he wears either all white or all red satin-like material that includes a bandana, jacket, vest, baggy trousers, shorts & knee length socks. 

It’s like an outfit from a traditional, pointless, Korean martial art. He starts doing his stretching, walking (more like prowling) around the gym, suddenly stopping to turn and stare like someone has just shouted ‘Ho, [email protected] stain’ at him. No one has. 

Then he might just stop and give his clothes an adjustment. Then he’ll place hands on seat of rower  while legs are straddled across rower and start moving the seat forwards and backwards. He’ll superset this with stretching his hammies on the assisted pull up machine. He is completely harmless. 

Then the real fun starts..... he starts throwing spinning kicks, spinning back fists, front kicks, tiger palm strikes. Then stops, look to his left and then slow motions back to his fight moves. It’s like he’s in his own little movie. 

To make things even more interesting he has grown a handlebar tash. He’s not English. Not sure where he’s from.

He’s certainly different. He’s actually in good shape (Nohomo). Not a roider. 

Then there’s the guy who is married with kids, wears bright mixed coloured/patterned leggings, does hip thrusters every time he’s in there and dresses up in women’s clothes at night........ which he takes pics of and shows other members in the gym :beer: