UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Most bizarre/sureal thing you've ever seen at the gym?

1K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  BUFFMAN 
#1 ·
My experiences are probably quite dull compared to some of yours, as I haven't been lifting long (three years).

Seen a guy yesterday (big bastard n' all) training in jeans. Also about a year ago an elderly gent doing cardio (then later chest) in a full on knitted jumper. Made me itch just looking at him.

There's also another chap (really nice bloke to be fair, chats to everyone) very overweight, trains chest EVERY day he is there, this is sometimes 2-3 days in a row, same routine for about two years now. Obviously I don't want to be one of those dickheads that tells him he's doing it wrong, but what can you do?

#4 ·
Real fit lass wearing tight white shorts and red t-shirt with no bra had been in a couple of times when she tells the owner she's desperate to lose weight. Pleading almost. Only thing for it, he tells her, is skipping. Before we know it he's given her a skipping rope and her tits are flying this way and that. Suddenly the whole gym comes to a halt as we all watch this incredible sight mesmerized. Then the chanting started "faster! Faster! Faster!". It was truly incredible and for some reason I have never forgotten it.

#25 ·
I say the same thing everytime this kind of thread pops up, old fat guy, (I'm pretty sure he lives at the gym he's there so much), never trains, just annoys people, correcting their form, recalling stories of "back in the day" when " he used to be massive" etc etc.

@AncientOldBloke
Ahh, the fat predator. Usually targets women.

There's a guy who trains in the gym I go to. Oddball. He also works (or used to) in Cafe Nero in Sutton high street. So, he wears either all white or all red satin-like material that includes a bandana, jacket, vest, baggy trousers, shorts & knee length socks.

It's like an outfit from a traditional, pointless, Korean martial art. He starts doing his stretching, walking (more like prowling) around the gym, suddenly stopping to turn and stare like someone has just shouted 'Ho, w@ank stain' at him. No one has.

Then he might just stop and give his clothes an adjustment. Then he'll place hands on seat of rower while legs are straddled across rower and start moving the seat forwards and backwards. He'll superset this with stretching his hammies on the assisted pull up machine. He is completely harmless.

Then the real fun starts..... he starts throwing spinning kicks, spinning back fists, front kicks, tiger palm strikes. Then stops, look to his left and then slow motions back to his fight moves. It's like he's in his own little movie.

To make things even more interesting he has grown a handlebar tash. He's not English. Not sure where he's from.

He's certainly different. He's actually in good shape (Nohomo). Not a roider.

Then there's the guy who is married with kids, wears bright mixed coloured/patterned leggings, does hip thrusters every time he's in there and dresses up in women's clothes at night........ which he takes pics of and shows other members in the gym :beer:

#27 ·
Dont usually post because I have nothing to contribute but there's plenty of weirdos in my gym.

There's one guy, who I'm guessing is not all there, who is really fat but thinks he's in good shape. He lifts really low weights and I've heard him shout out loud 'thats f*cking heavy that is.' Think he was doing 12kg dumbbell for an incline curl at the time. He shouts loads other weird stuff too. Think the staff leave him alone because he's on the spectrum somewhere.

Another obese guy who thinks he's muscly, who tries to give people training advice but looks like he's one McDonald's away from a heart attack. I've seen him a few times flexing in the mirror, lifting his shorts to flex his quads etc, when he has barely any muscle whatsoever.

Another Asian really skinny guy with the shortest ROM ever, literally a few inches on every lift. When he does the ab crunch machine, he thrusts his hips forward too, really strange.

There was a foreign guy, Italian I think, who used to train in my gym, proper arrogant tosser. Was lean and in decent shape but nothing special. He used to throw the weights on the floor and broke a few machines letting the weight drop from the highest point, like the hammer chest press. He used to stand on a bench, fully inclined and do dumbbell curls with his legs against the bench but not supporting his back. He's banned now though, thank god.

Loads of other weirdos too, makes me feel somewhat normal.

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
Some kid un-racking the squat bar only on one side, ended up flipping off and smashing the whole mirror. I laughed soo hard :lol:

Also, some HUGE woman used to come into the gym 'every day' , that consisted of her using the cafè , using the lift to get up to the gym floor and lounging around in the pool. I swear I never saw her lift one weight whilst up there. The worst thing was her opening line to most people was reminding them she had a condition that effected her bowel which meant she pissed on the floor everywhere multiple times. Absolute nasty bitch, if she went in the swimming pool or jacuzzi, everyone jumped out.

#30 ·
Some kid un-racking the squat bar only on one side, ended up flipping off and smashing the whole mirror. I laughed soo hard :lol:

Also, some HUGE woman used to come into the gym 'every day' , that consisted of her using the cafè , using the lift to get up to the gym floor and lounging around in the pool. I swear I never saw her lift one weight whilst up there. The worst thing was her opening line to most people was reminding them she had a condition that effected her bowel which meant she pissed on the floor everywhere multiple times. Absolute nasty bitch, if she went in the swimming pool or jacuzzi, everyone jumped out.
Mate, you don't train near Staines do you.... sounds like my wife.

#40 ·
I never saw it "happen" myself but some old guy used to come in first thing in the morning, not use the gym, only s**t in the pool and then leave. They kept having to shut the pool and after a few incidents managed to identify who it was. He Got a lifetime ban I think.

Seen the usual bad form stuff etc and interesting things happening with cables. There was also one woman who used to dance on the treadmill, that kept me entertained.

#44 ·
I never saw it "happen" myself but some old guy used to come in first thing in the morning, not use the gym, only s**t in the pool and then leave. They kept having to shut the pool and after a few incidents managed to identify who it was. He Got a lifetime ban I think.

Seen the usual bad form stuff etc and interesting things happening with cables. There was also one woman who used to dance on the treadmill, that kept me entertained.
Oh yeah!!! The Phantom Shitter!!!

#51 ·
Today really fat lass on the "running " machine in army uniform with a big heavy looking multi pocket equipment belt. Either walking slowly or standing with a foot either side of the fast moving and while supporting her weight on her arms occasionally letting the belt flick her feet back for maybe 12 steps then standing astride it again.

#53 · (Edited by Moderator)
There's these two lads..... And I really wanna have a word with them as well, but I thought best not....Anyway there's these two lads that go to my gym, probably 17-19 years old at a push, always fu**ing around. I like a laugh and so on, but these dicks are pushing and shoving each other during lifts, making stupid noises. I'd go frigging mad if a mate shoved me during a lift. Honestly surprised they've not been turfed out yet.

Pair of attention seeking tossers.

**Not really bizarre in the slightest, just annoying I guess**

#54 ·
I saw the bloke wearing jeans again today.... Don't like to slag him off, cos he actually comes across as a really down to earth guy, plus he's twice the size as me :D and most likely 5 times the strength. Just so tempted to say, mate! why are you wearing jeans while you work out?

#55 ·
There's a bloke in his 60's that's been training in denim jeans and a denim jacket 😶

First time I saw the b@stard I thought maybe he was just having a tour, trying out the machines and so on, but nah, seen the bloke again this morning.

Tempted to take a photo of the cvnt, but don't want to be that guy that gets banned from the gym for taking pictures of strangers.

#60 ·
Funny story, I went to gym and realised I forgot my gym trousers. Was about to leave then thought f*ck it I’ll train in jeans, it’s late and couldn’t really care.

gym was empty just one other guy, well he was doing decline bench and I heard a scream and he was stuck under the barbell trying to get it away from his neck. Jumped in and lifted it off him, always wondered what may have happened if I did indeed just go home cos I didn’t wanna train in jeans.

moral of the story, train in jeans if you have no other choice or some f*cker May die

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.