Sign in to follow this  
Vinny

Turkey and beef instead of just beef?

Basically 2 of my meals everyday is 250g mince Beef, 250g White Rice (and just started adding a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, for extra kcals and health fats) because its cheap and easy.

Do you think it would make much difference using for example 125g turkey/chicken mince and 125g beef instead of 250g beef?

Was thinking would increase the aray of amino acids consume.

(over thinking it but curious as its cheap and easy to do)

On 16/08/2020 at 8:58 PM, Bensif said:

Tbh beef has a far better nutrient profile than turkey, so I wouldn’t bother.

3 of my meals each day are beef / buffalo.

What are your thoughts regarding eating too much red meat ? As I actually prefer beef mince . Thanks 

54 minutes ago, M73 said:

What are your thoughts regarding eating too much red meat ? As I actually prefer beef mince . Thanks 

It’s rubbish. Old, outdated science that has since been refuted / challenged.

As with anything, don’t take a blanket view but instead form your own, personal opinion based on your body and it’s feedback. Eg if eating more red meat negatively impacts your health markers, reduce it.

For me, my digestion massively improved and as a result, so did my bloodwork (inflammatory markers related to IBD). I’ve seen similar results in clients.

Conversely there are some people that simply don’t do well on it.

The quality of food also plays a huge part in digestibility IMO. For example, supermarket mince gives me gas and seems to constipate. Instead we buy all of our red meat from a farm. 

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 3:36 PM, Vinny said:

Basically 2 of my meals everyday is 250g mince Beef, 250g White Rice (and just started adding a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, for extra kcals and health fats) because its cheap and easy.

Do you think it would make much difference using for example 125g turkey/chicken mince and 125g beef instead of 250g beef?

Was thinking would increase the aray of amino acids consume.

(over thinking it but curious as its cheap and easy to do)

Well, Vinny me old mukka. Its like this...

Beef is are far superior to Turkey from an Amino POV. However if I have Beef Mince on consecutive days it bungs me right up.

FWIW, Turkey mince is equally as nice IMO and goes nice in a Chilli sauce over Sweet Potato.

If you want the added Beef Aminos then you can buy Beef Amino tabs, they're cheap enough.

7 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

I eat minced beef 3 times a day as chicken is just a chore to eat these days. 

I'm on the edge of going 3 times a day, having 500g mince beef a day currently.  Maybe up it to 600g and make into 3 meals.