Sign in to follow this  
B90rock

Testosterone creams for TRT

I got my bloods and turns out I may require TRT at 25 years old (thyroid levels are normal). 

I read one form of TRT is the use of creams which you apply daily compared to using injecting yourself every week. 

Does anyone have any opinions about creams? Do you absorb all the tests or is some wasted etc. 

Very low absorption rate so you will be applying several times the amount of testosterone that you need. 

Some people get on fine with it but most struggle to get stable blood levels. 

And the risk of cross contamination to female partners / children depending on were you apply the cream /gel. 

3 minutes ago, sean m said:

Very low absorption rate so you will be applying several times the amount of testosterone that you need. 

Some people get on fine with it but most struggle to get stable blood levels. 

And the risk of cross contamination to female partners / children depending on were you apply the cream /gel. 

Assuming a normal TRT dose is 200 to 250 mg of test. Do you have any idea how often a cream would need to be applied? I know there is a 20% cream which is apparently suppose to provide 200mg of test but is absorption is bad would you need to use it twice a day potentially? 

200/250 mg is double a normal trt dose. In the UK . The USA tend to be around 200

I'm on daily test +hcg  subq jabs so was only passing on why people have moved across from cream to jabs. 

I use tostran 2% gel and have been getting on well with it, it’s taken me from a natural level between 1.8-3.6 nmol to a stable level of around 20-22nmol.

Risk of cross contamination is incredibly low, I put mine on before I get in bed or, if I’m on a promise, afterwards. Let it dry for about 30 mins and either put a t-shirt or PJ bottoms on depending on which site you’ve applied it (torso or inside thighs).