Sign in to follow this  
CaneCorsoX2

Garage Gym Power Building

7 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

Do you use it in place of standard flat bench or as an additional exercise in your weekly schedule?

So I bench heavy one say, like today. 

Then later this week, probs Thursday, I'll do Incline bench and then use the shoulder saver for some high rep flat bench/tri accessories. I'm up to 140 3 x 10. This week I'll go 145 and hope to get 3 x 10. 

It's effectively a floor press but on a bench. 

2 minutes ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

So I bench heavy one say, like today. 

Then later this week, probs Thursday, I'll do Incline bench and then use the shoulder saver for some high rep flat bench/tri accessories. I'm up to 140 3 x 10. This week I'll go 145 and hope to get 3 x 10. 

It's effectively a floor press but on a bench. 

Ordering one.  Struggling with my shoulders at the moment so will help with triceps work.

19 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

Ordering one.  Struggling with my shoulders at the moment so will help with triceps work.

Good stuff. Well worth it. 

Dave Tate developed it for that exact reason as he has shoulder issues. He uses this instead now as he's gotten older. 

Managed to pick up a powertec leg press new version off fleebay for a ton, im chuffed with it. Real good burn and seems alot more sturdy than the 1st edition that was just 1 horn front loaded which I had and sold on. 

This one with the weight horns either side is 10 times better....for a ton im not complaining.

Would I pay full pruce for it?

Naaa id invest in a dedicated leg press machine.

1 hour ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Great session today. 

Had a go at working up to 180, hit it fairly comfortably. Probably another 5-10kg there on a good day. 

Followed up with Incline Chest press, Inc dB fly, shoulder saver bench press, oh cable tricep ext. 

Great lifting chap. Could have done a double there easily

On 28/09/2020 at 9:54 AM, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Good stuff. Well worth it. 

Dave Tate developed it for that exact reason as he has shoulder issues. He uses this instead now as he's gotten older. 

Trained with it today mate and loved it - great being able to put up some decent weight without my shoulders screaming at me afterwards.

Great for the ego too :lol:

Cheers guys, felt reasonably comfortable, popped up nicely off the chest but the transition to lockout slowed up a bit, with no safety's (as my racks pin holes are too high or too low) and no spot, I didn't wanna risk anything ott today. 

Gonna build again for another 6 weeks and push past this. 

@Ironman TS glad you enjoyed it, did you get the black or red one? They're slightly different board sizes if you didn't know.

It's a great way for training around niggles I can imagine. Only wish one was about when I partially tore my serratus anterior 18 months ago. 

2 hours ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Cheers guys, felt reasonably comfortable, popped up nicely off the chest but the transition to lockout slowed up a bit, with no safety's (as my racks pin holes are too high or too low) and no spot, I didn't wanna risk anything ott today. 

Gonna build again for another 6 weeks and push past this. 

@Ironman TS glad you enjoyed it, did you get the black or red one? They're slightly different board sizes if you didn't know.

It's a great way for training around niggles I can imagine. Only wish one was about when I partially tore my serratus anterior 18 months ago. 

Went for the full sized black one mate - same as yours.  Was using 170kg for reps and so far no negative feedback from the shoulder that’s been giving me grief.  Not sure exactly how much the limited ROM detracts from chest hypertrophy but I was able to get a decent pump still and my triceps took an overdue hammering - tendinitis really limits how hard I can hammer my triceps outside of pressing movements so this is superb.

Can see myself using full ROM for higher volume work then finishing with heavy lower volume with the shoulder saver in future.

Starting a 6 week peak today, gear will stay the same as 300mg test p, 50mg anavar and 20mg cardarine, for final couple of weeks I might throw in some inj mtren as I cant get halo currently. 

31 reps of 145kg in a single session is a good sign. Kept rest periods to no longer than 2mins. Just wanted to get a full workout in during my lunch break. 

Leg (quad) day today. 

Tried a Patrick Tuor inspired leg workout. 

Leg ext:

2 x 10-15 2nd contractions

3 x 5 @ 10 rep max cluster set.

Giant set:

Squat x 10

Sissy squat x 10

Leg ext x 5

Repeated 4 times with no rest periods. 

10 second Iso holds:

Leg ext x 5, 5, 5

All done in 30mins or just over. Was in absolute bits and not had a quad pump quite like it before. Mad. 

Current condition:

IMG_20201013_094125.thumb.jpg.6bf059d5ead8714bdde72d545e356bdc.jpg

Just over 106kg. Waist is seemingly tightening up. Muscles still look full despite being fasted in this pic as taken first thing in am. Hgh and var with low test def seems a nice little stack for mild cut. 

On 03/10/2020 at 2:57 PM, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Great session today. 

Had a go at working up to 180, hit it fairly comfortably. Probably another 5-10kg there on a good day. 

Followed up with Incline Chest press, Inc dB fly, shoulder saver bench press, oh cable tricep ext. 

Only just seen this.

I don’t think people realise how impressive that lift is

your cycle is less than what some lads are trying to palm off as a cruise 

Yet you’re benching 180 on a deficit 

While there’s loads of lads on this forum running a couple grams of gear and don’t even look like they’ve been into a gym. 

Well impressed mate, you’ll be benching my squat soon enough ffs :(

1 hour ago, Towel said:

Only just seen this.

I don’t think people realise how impressive that lift is

your cycle is less than what some lads are trying to palm off as a cruise 

Yet you’re benching 180 on a deficit 

While there’s loads of lads on this forum running a couple grams of gear and don’t even look like they’ve been into a gym. 

Well impressed mate, you’ll be benching my squat soon enough ffs :(

Cheers mate, I don't quite understand it myself tbh. If only I could squat what you are at the moment again.

I think once I get as lean as I want to get, I'll very slowly reverse diet and I should get some much bigger numbers on Squats and bench. 

Does make me chuckle when I see lads blasting all kinds of gear and being like just benched 100kg x 4. I've done that for 32 as a pump set after 150 for multiple reps and sets when I was powerlifting. 

Before I even touched gear I was up to a 120 for a double and that was after about 6 months of training. I did jump on gear too quickly in hindsight but when you're mates are all doing it and looking great, it would have taken a stronger person than I am to say no. 

Your shifting the weight on your feet in the squat, moving it from the heel to the ball of your foot. Try to keep both firmly planted on the ground.

You also seem to be breathing in your air to the chest rather than the stomach, which is causing the bar to rise on the shoulders before you start the squat, this will make the lift feel much more difficult especially as the weight gets heavier. Try to get everything tight and braced before lifting the bar from the rack, step back staying tight, then have a quick 'top up' of air before the squat. Relaxing then trying to get tight again makes the lift much more difficult than it needs to be. 

Looking good overall though keep it up. 

On 03/10/2020 at 8:50 PM, CaneCorsoX2 said:

with no safety's (as my racks pin holes are too high or too low) and no spot,

Why don’t you put wooden blocks under your rack feet to raise it to the right height? Could use pieces of inch ply. 
Also, when you squat, why not put the pins lower so when you re-rack you can just ‘fall’ into it and drop down? I find that far easier than trying to get higher to rack. 
Cheers for sharing.