Sign in to follow this  
CaneCorsoX2

Garage Gym Power Building

28 minutes ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Rest day today, got up and walked the dogs in the chilterns this morning. Got 7m in before 630am which is ideal. Knees weren't enjoying it. Ordered some 'join in' by trainedbyjp, begrudgingly tho as I hate how his athletes push his products. But was informed by towel it has helped people that storm's joint support hasn't helped. 

Got my kwan long oil arriving Monday or Tuesday and will do some self graston therapy with a scraper I have used on my rotator cuff and lats in the past. 

I have persistent tendinitis in both elbows and got no relief whatsoever from Strom or JP’s Join In - hope it helps with your knees mate.

8 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

I have persistent tendinitis in both elbows and got no relief whatsoever from Strom or JP’s Join In - hope it helps with your knees mate.

What do you do about it then? I’m the same! Was considering GH

48 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

See it helped my RC issues and elbow tendinitis. It won't hurt to try anyways. 

I'm gonna speak to BUPA about my knees if they're still shite in 2 weeks. L

39 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

What do you do about it then? I’m the same! Was considering GH

Avoid trigger exercises/loadings - very heavy straight barbell curls kill me.

Tiger Balm up before sessions.

Otherwise I just crack on.

Looking good mate, bench strong as always. 

're 531 

I've ran it on and off for years with many different variants of my own program, Jim's and popular online templates.

Recently been running a not so well heard of variant; bastard 531 

You basically just ramp up to the top set for the day, follow the usual guidelines (rep it if you feel good ect) and then you reverse back down doing back offs with what would normally be the ramping sets.

For example if your top set was 200kg squat for 5+ you'd warm up to that as required, hit that set and then do the second set you were suppose to do as your first back down, 180x5, and then optionally can do a second back off which was suppose to be your first ramp set of 160 x5 in this scenario.

I only meant to touch on this since it's on topic to your training but ended up rambling as usual.

4 hours ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

IMG_20200914_081909.thumb.jpg.bf718e63e5abcfc10cd33cc28e9084cd.jpg

108.5kg dead on this am. 

Bit of an increase in weight, probs gear related as diets been spot on and I can see my waist is getting tighter. 

Cheers, felt like my traps looked decent in my pictures now I feel like s**t again :lol:

On 13/09/2020 at 12:32 PM, CaneCorsoX2 said:

See it helped my RC issues and elbow tendinitis. It won't hurt to try anyways. 

I'm gonna speak to BUPA about my knees if they're still shite in 2 weeks. L

I’ve been taking Boswellia and various brands of Curcumin all year to help with the tendinitis and came to the conclusion they weren’t helping much so stopped taking when I ran out last week.

Since then I’m noticing a big increase in joint issues with my knees and shoulders now giving me grief too and the tendinitis getting worse.  

Clearly the anti inflammatories were doing a job!

I’ve ordered more of both today (Supp Needs Boswellia and JP Cure Coming which I’ve not tried yet) so will see just how effective they are over the next couple of weeks!

On 14/09/2020 at 12:56 PM, swole troll said:

Looking good mate, bench strong as always. 

're 531 

I've ran it on and off for years with many different variants of my own program, Jim's and popular online templates.

Recently been running a not so well heard of variant; bastard 531 

You basically just ramp up to the top set for the day, follow the usual guidelines (rep it if you feel good ect) and then you reverse back down doing back offs with what would normally be the ramping sets.

For example if your top set was 200kg squat for 5+ you'd warm up to that as required, hit that set and then do the second set you were suppose to do as your first back down, 180x5, and then optionally can do a second back off which was suppose to be your first ramp set of 160 x5 in this scenario.

I only meant to touch on this since it's on topic to your training but ended up rambling as usual.

Just seen this bud. 

Thanks, I've moved away from powerlifting based training but that was a 531 variation I was going to look at in the future. I've got a load of his powerlifting books, really like wendler. 

Carrying some niggles atm, so a hypertrophy phase is long overdue. Bench is still solid tho, plan is to get down to around 103, 104kg, get married in Feb 2021. Then go on a strength phase again and potentially do a comp. 

2 hours ago, Ironman TS said:

I’ve been taking Boswellia and various brands of Curcumin all year to help with the tendinitis and came to the conclusion they weren’t helping much so stopped taking when I ran out last week.

Since then I’m noticing a big increase in joint issues with my knees and shoulders now giving me grief too and the tendinitis getting worse.  

Clearly the anti inflammatories were doing a job!

I’ve ordered more of both today (Supp Needs Boswellia and JP Cure Coming which I’ve not tried yet) so will see just how effective they are over the next couple of weeks!

Interesting to know. 

I really rated strom joint support, it's helped some rotator cuff issues of mine massively. Just not touching my knees. 

Took JP's yesterday and today I could do bodyweight Squats with no knee clicking. Most likely a coincidence but I'd love it not to be. Have to say JP's one tastes awful. I actually prefer the taste of plain cissus powder. 

2 minutes ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Interesting to know. 

I really rated strom joint support, it's helped some rotator cuff issues of mine massively. Just not touching my knees. 

Took JP's yesterday and today I could do bodyweight Squats with no knee clicking. Most likely a coincidence but I'd love it not to be. Have to say JP's one tastes awful. I actually prefer the taste of plain cissus powder. 

I used the cherry JP Join In and it tasted vile :lol:

Did a bonus leg session today.

Watched a load of Tom Platz videos, christ he's eccentric, but looks great for 60 plus.

Squats:

Bar x 15
60 x 15
80 x 15
100 x 15
120 x 15
140 x 9 (ffs - will beat this next time)
120 x 13
100 x 15
60 x 23

Leg extensions:

40kg weight but did 5 cluster sets to hit 50 reps per set.

Sissy squats:

BW x 10, 10, 7

Reverse hypers:

40kg x 15, 15, 15, 15, 15

Was feeling very nauseous after this. Walking up to my bedroom had to stop and lie down on first floor as I haven't had Doms, gangly legs after a session like this in a very long time. This maybe the way for me to go to build my legs. They were absolutely full of blood and for first time, that I have noticed at least, I saw veins in my quads. 

On 16/09/2020 at 8:09 PM, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Interesting to know. 

Been on the Cure Coming and Boswellia for a few days and having a noticeable effect.  Looks like I’ll be taking the anti inflammatory supps for the forseeable.

3 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

Been on the Cure Coming and Boswellia for a few days and having a noticeable effect.  Looks like I’ll be taking the anti inflammatory supps for the forseeable.

Sounds good I'm def noticing an improvement for being on the anti inflan supps religiously. Knees are improving. 

Having the stressiest of weeks atm thanks to Boris and work. Been working 13 hour days, and then waken during the night due to various clients being involved in litigation in Canada. Sleeps been abysmal, have had zero appetite for meals. Still dragged myself out to train, even if it was quick 45min sessions just to do something. 

Boris' lockdown means if he doesn't change it by Feb I will need to postpone wedding which has been booked for nearly a year already. Wouldn't be able to get both sides parents, siblings and grandparents there, let alone a best man and bridesmaids and heaven forbid some mates. Boris is a cnut. 

Anyhow few training clips.

20 hours ago, Ironman TS said:

How’re you finding the elitefts Shoulder saver mate?  What’s it like to train with?

I love it mate. Use it once a week. 

It's highlighted something I didn't expect. I've always thought my Triceps dictate my bench, this has highlighted the opposite. For 35 quid it's an excellent addition and absolutely obliterates your Triceps more so than say CGBP or skulls. 

Due to being inundated at work and loads of clients in Canada going through court procedures, my sleeping and routine has been severely disrupted. Add to that the fact Boris has limited weddings to 15 people it is very unlikely atm my wedding in Feb will be going ahead. Can't even get both sets of grandparents and parents there, as well as all brothers and sisters. Let alone a best man or bridesmaid, or heaven forbid friends and less close family. Stress has been high to say the least. 

Anyhow decided this week I'm gonna get up early and train. Added some extra carbs to pre bed meal and then as soon as I wake up make an intra shake and start sipping it 15/20mins pre session. 

Bench day went really well today. 

IMG_20200928_081008.thumb.jpg.338af3b5bbf8d2da16dfe53658d61ddb.jpg

Measured my arms yesterday as ordered some mark Bell elbow and knee sleeves. 18.5 inch cold. That's an increase of 0.5 inches during this dieting down phase. 

Waist is tighter by the day, especially as yesterday I effectively skip loaded and ate a lot of processed carbs. 

35 minutes ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

I love it mate. Use it once a week. 

It's highlighted something I didn't expect. I've always thought my Triceps dictate my bench, this has highlighted the opposite. For 35 quid it's an excellent addition and absolutely obliterates your Triceps more so than say CGBP or skulls. 

Do you use it in place of standard flat bench or as an additional exercise in your weekly schedule?