Sign in to follow this  
CaneCorsoX2

Garage Gym Power Building

2 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

Yes, I had one but I wouldn’t recommend- fat too awkward to use.

Yeah not planning on getting one of them. I want ideally a hack/leg press combo. I have the room for one, just I'd rather get a second hand one as opposed to buying brand new if poss. 

Did you by any chance have the Pec fly attachment? I was wondering about getting one of them. 

1 hour ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Yeah not planning on getting one of them. I want ideally a hack/leg press combo. I have the room for one, just I'd rather get a second hand one as opposed to buying brand new if poss. 

Did you by any chance have the Pec fly attachment? I was wondering about getting one of them. 

Yeah, hack/leg press is a much better idea. I already had one when I got the Powertec attachment. I was wondering if it would be good enough that I could get rid of the leg press and make some space. It certainly wasn't. I also have a BodySolid squat machine so the Powertec thing was just overkill. 

The fly attachment in my view was no better than dumbbell fly's as it's quite wide apart. I also managed to pick up a pec deck pretty cheaply so that's another attachment that went on eBay. Both the leg press and fly attachment took up a lot of space and were unwieldy and difficult to store when not being used. 

The preacher curl and leg extension/curl are both great options though. 

All the best. 

2 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

Yeah, hack/leg press is a much better idea. I already had one when I got the Powertec attachment. I was wondering if it would be good enough that I could get rid of the leg press and make some space. It certainly wasn't. I also have a BodySolid squat machine so the Powertec thing was just overkill. 

The fly attachment in my view was no better than dumbbell fly's as it's quite wide apart. I also managed to pick up a pec deck pretty cheaply so that's another attachment that went on eBay. Both the leg press and fly attachment took up a lot of space and were unwieldy and difficult to store when not being used. 

The preacher curl and leg extension/curl are both great options though. 

All the best. 

Thanks mate, I have those attachments. 

I've got dbs up to 30kg and some 40s coming next week. I'll stick to dB fly and band crossovers. 

Today's session, really pleased considering I've been barely hitting 3000 calories last few days due to stressful time at work. 

Gonna get an Indian tonight, train legs tomorrow for 2nd time this week and then have a rest day Sunday, unless I feel like training upper back or something. 

Will take progress pics Sunday am. Expecting to see quite a change. I def feel I look a lot leaner. 

Updated diet:

M1 - oats, whey, blueberries, piece of fruit

M2 - pastrami in Aldi bloomer rolls

M3 - chicken and air fried potato

M4 - steak and air fried potato

Intra - 30g dextrose and eaa

Post - whey and small pack of gummy sweets

M5 - cajun chicken fajitas

15 minutes ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Updated diet:

M1 - oats, whey, blueberries, piece of fruit

M2 - pastrami in Aldi bloomer rolls

M3 - chicken and air fried potato

M4 - steak and air fried potato

Intra - 30g dextrose and eaa

Post - whey and small pack of gummy sweets

M5 - cajun chicken fajitas

What’s the air fryer like mate? Always wondered.

23 minutes ago, Towel said:

What’s the air fryer like mate? Always wondered.

Really good, probs one of the best 50 quid investments I've made. Can cook decent chicken in it too. 

I've got a chip utensil thing that cuts spuds like chips, throw them in the pan bit, few squirts of low cal oil, some chip seasoning, toss about and put on 160 for 20mins. Taste really good and crispy. 

Current condition 

IMG-20200905-WA0001.thumb.jpg.6e19cbd3da2b23d5ca30860f603c3276.jpg

IMG-20200905-WA0002.thumb.jpg.5e5077491d94d44ed1e41cb644e773f0.jpg

Nowhere near as lean as I want to be but on the way. Managed to get myself into a pair of 34 inch waist jeans yesterday and they were by no means tight on my waist. Not bad for someone sitting at 230lbs. 

Probably need to chip away a other 5-7% bf off this to be happy. Shouldn't be too hard. 

Pretty crap session today. Not through lack of strength but due to what I think was a bad jab into scar tissue in my quad. The lump and swelling has moved down to just above my knee. Used my massage gun on it which has loosened it off but that quad is still tight. 

Leg curls - 

35kg x 10, 10, 10

Squats - 

60 x 8

80 x 8

100 x 8

Was looking to build up to 140/150 x 8 but canned it due to the above. Just felt too tight/sore. 

Instead focused on hams. 

Reverse hyper:

40 x 10

80 x 10, 10, 10

60 x amrap, didn't count

SLDL:

140 x 8,8,8

DB RDLs:

30s x 15,15,17 

On 02/09/2020 at 6:47 AM, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Thanks bud, yeah it's just in my garage, wish I had a double garage now as I'd love more equipment. I put it together during lockdown back in April may time and have added bits as I've gone along. 

I don't always train 531 or PL focused. I've moved to a more hypertrophy based phase for the moment to have a bit more variety but I still hit a heavy compound each session and try to get stronger at them. I do love benching and have always been pretty good at it by most gym goers standards. However up against a legit powerlifter I'm not very special. 

Very impressive still rho mate I'm enjoying following your workouts!

Good session tonight. Really enjoyed it. 

Need my 40s and 50kg dbs to hurry up and show up. Banded dbs is weird and caught me out on first rep with the purple band. Literally sprung back as I got 2/3 of way up. 

Ordered a few other bits for the gym, dip bars for my rack and an ez bar. Can't wait to get the ez bar as curling on a straight bar really aggravates my wrists. 

Looking great guy what's the measurement around your naval? I'm sitting at 34" I was 36" a couple months ago it's stressing me out having a thick look on my belly-waist

9 hours ago, Darrenwins said:

Looking great guy what's the measurement around your naval? I'm sitting at 34" I was 36" a couple months ago it's stressing me out having a thick look on my belly-waist

Can't say I've ever measured it tbh. 

15 hours ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Can't wait to get the ez bar as curling on a straight bar really aggravates my wrists. 

Yea I know what you mean buddy, I've always loved doing straight bar over ez as it's never affected me until a few weeks ago, was doing some boxing and missed the bag when it was swinging and punched the wall behind full power hahaha funny as hell but my wrist been hurting since so I have to strap it up on anything like this or use my ez. Nothing worse than wrist pain to ruin these kind of movements

Looking good mate! 

How you finding the JM gama bomb program? I got sent it few months ago, yet to try it yet. I think there was another jm program came with it aswell.

Looks really good. There's alot of information at the beginning too on how the program will make you progress if you have the same one? Probably give it a ago on my blast soon thsts if the gyms stay open whixh is 50/50 at the minute thats why I'm holding off blasting for a minute.

Will be following your progress on it,good luck!

1 hour ago, Lloyd H said:

Looking good mate! 

How you finding the JM gama bomb program? I got sent it few months ago, yet to try it yet. I think there was another jm program came with it aswell.

Looks really good. There's alot of information at the beginning too on how the program will make you progress if you have the same one? Probably give it a ago on my blast soon thsts if the gyms stay open whixh is 50/50 at the minute thats why I'm holding off blasting for a minute.

Will be following your progress on it,good luck!

Thanks, a long way off the condition I want to get back to hut ill get there. 

I really like the gama bomb program. I've run it in full before and really enjoyed it.  What I like most is no workout is identical to before. Due to changing exercises or intensity techniques.

This time I'm running gama bomb but also going to incorporate some of his Program X training into it as I will always enjoy having a bit of powerlifting training in my program. 

Really felt the urge to train and realised I need to get arms done today, legs tomorrow and upper Saturday, else it will balls up recovery for next week's training if I train Sunday. 

Good session. Shoulder saver bench is so f'in hard, absolutely smashes my Triceps. Hoping this will carry over to a stronger lock out on bench. 

Anavar pumps were brutal by the time I got to curls. Had to drop the weight massively. Over estimated myself and don't want to be featured on form police on Instagram. A great page to follow BTW if you want to see some horrific ego lifting. 

Trained legs yesterday. Probs one of my worst sessions in years. Going to contact BUPA if no improvement in next couple of weeks about my left knee. I had surgery on it many moons ago for torn acl and medial ligament, never really had issues but it's kicking off big time now. 

I'm mega dosing curcumin, joint supps and fish oils. Also ordered some kwan loong oil which I want to try as I've used it before but joint issues and it was very effective. 

Going from squatting 235kg a year ago to 120 for 8 this week is very demotivating tho. 

Today's session: 

Slowly leaning out. 

Stuck to my diet religiously this week, cutting out two meals today so I can have an Indian take out shortly. 

16 hours ago, Philfg said:

Sick looking gym.

I carnt wait to start on mine.

Thanks mate, suits me. Can do everything I need and plenty. Well worth the investment, but you'll end up addicted to buying new bits of kit for it. 

Rest day today, got up and walked the dogs in the chilterns this morning. Got 7m in before 630am which is ideal. Knees weren't enjoying it. Ordered some 'join in' by trainedbyjp, begrudgingly tho as I hate how his athletes push his products. But was informed by towel it has helped people that storm's joint support hasn't helped. 

Got my kwan long oil arriving Monday or Tuesday and will do some self graston therapy with a scraper I have used on my rotator cuff and lats in the past.