Sign in to follow this  
CaneCorsoX2

Garage Gym Power Building

Delivery of nexus bits came today. 

So can start my 300mg pw nexus test p 300mg pw inone npp and 600mg pw chiron eq. 

Will be using 50mg anavar a day split as well. Will up to 75mg if progress stalls. 

I'll throw in the sporadic use of pre workout orals, such as anadrol or mtren. I just drink the mtren in my pre workout shake. It's methylated and saves jabbing. 

3 hours ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Just drink the mtren in my pre workout shake. It's methylated and saves jabbing. 

Have you done this before mate? Certainly seems appealing to save jabbing, but curious to the efficacy/taste lol. Methylation makes sense as to it working.

10 minutes ago, Stevie909 said:

Have you done this before mate? Certainly seems appealing to save jabbing, but curious to the efficacy/taste lol. Methylation makes sense as to it working.

100% done it many times and have told others that I used to train with to do it. 

It's methylated so there is no issue in taking it orally. It just tastes like carrier oil on the tongue, shove it in a pre workout and you won't know its there. I have done this with cheque drops also. 

Injectable might be up taken quicker, and bypasses the first pass of the liver. I do inject it also, but for time and convenience just shoving in your mouth with a swig of water works well enough for me. 

2 minutes ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

100% done it many times and have told others that I used to train with to do it. 

It's methylated so there is no issue in taking it orally. It just tastes like carrier oil on the tongue, shove it in a pre workout and you won't know its there. I have done this with cheque drops also. 

Injectable might be up taken quicker, and bypasses the first pass of the liver. I do inject it also, but for time and convenience just shoving in your mouth with a swig of water works well enough for me. 

Awesome, will have to give it a bash at some point. Guessing something like nexus tren base wouldn't work this way as it isn't methylated?

CD are on my bucket list, along with halo. Tried sphinx halo but wasn't impressed at all so don't count it. 

5 minutes ago, Stevie909 said:

Awesome, will have to give it a bash at some point. Guessing something like nexus tren base wouldn't work this way as it isn't methylated?

CD are on my bucket list, along with halo. Tried sphinx halo but wasn't impressed at all so don't count it. 

Yeah has to be methylated. 

Methyl tren was first made specifically to be taken orally. 

CD are now very hard to get. I have some chiron but they don't them atm I don't believe. 

145 x 10 according to my workout tracker I've used for past 18 months is an all time pb. This is 2 more reps than last weeks session. Next week is 3s and then following is a 1+ amrap. It'll be in the 160s and I want at least 5. 

Switched my training up a bit to high frequency low volume. Following big beyond belief layout. 

Today's session:

Seated BB OHP x 4 sets

SSB Squats x 4 sets

Tricep Pressdowns x 4 sets

Hanging abs x 4 sets

Threw in a couple extra exercisez:

Rev hypers x 2 sets

Leg ext x 2 sets

Quick 45min workout. 

Really felt the var today, about 10 days in on 50mg so that's to be expected. Triceps were cramping up doing tricep Pressdowns to the point I had to stop and stretch them out a bit. 

Do you ever use dumbells for your pressing?

After working on my technique this lockdown I'm pressing the most I ever have on flat and incline. My chest is my one of my best assets and was built on dbs but I really enjoy the feel and movement on a barbell 

I'd love to break past the 50s barrier with the dbs and hoping to reach 55kgs by end of year when I finish up my cut in another 4 or so weeks 

Great log, be watching along. Your gym is so sick, we have the same workout music too lol

1 hour ago, Cronus said:

Do you ever use dumbells for your pressing?

After working on my technique this lockdown I'm pressing the most I ever have on flat and incline. My chest is my one of my best assets and was built on dbs but I really enjoy the feel and movement on a barbell 

I'd love to break past the 50s barrier with the dbs and hoping to reach 55kgs by end of year when I finish up my cut in another 4 or so weeks 

Great log, be watching along. Your gym is so sick, we have the same workout music too lol

When I used to go to the gym yeah, I think my all time best is 70s for 6 reps, poss 8. I spent probs the first 5 years of my training away from the bench press and solely dB work. I was a bit of a pansy and didn't do the compound movements. Night club muscles only got trained haha. 

Atm I have 10s 20s and 30s in my garage gym, so the 30s don't quite cut it. I'd knock out sets of 25 of I used them for pressing. I do however use them for tate press, laterals, curls, tricep ext etc. I miss heavy dbs, I'll buy some when things calm down. 

Atm I'm very much training the compound movements as that's what I have all the gear to hit at suitable weights. I recently benched a 170kg single, pulled 230, and squatted 190 in just sleeves. Not too far off my all time pbs, but I'm moving away from heavy singles for a while. As I'm dieting (slightly) I'm doing more high rep stuff. 

Barbell bench and Incline bench has brought my chest up more than dbs. Weird how it's different for some. I was always very shoulder dominant, due to my swimming background I suspect, which made my already small pecs look even smaller. 

Dave Tate so you think you can bench is a great video tutorial on bench press technique. If you have 10mins, well worth a watch. 

Ps thanks, I love having the home gym. I'll try and post some more sessions up. Especially on the heavier sets. My music taste is all over the place. I like rock, dance, euro pop shite, then I also like some more ballad like songs too to get me amped up. 

Not the best session, knees have been giving me a bit of jip and are constantly clicking atm. Not sure why as I take joint supports and eat salmon twice a day, fish oil being good for joints I believe. 

Pretty happy with tonight's session. 

Wanted 6 really on the 160 set, but the first rep threw me off as I just didn't keep tight. 

11 days into my cycle now and def noticing a difference, as mid section is tightening, feel more pumped. 

IMG_20200827_183500.thumb.jpg.e23d8899c393f996d554a3307e812121.jpg

Should be about now the test p, and npp should start really going. Only 2lbs down on my start pic, where imo I was a bloated mess: 

IMG-20200812-WA0010.thumb.jpg.bbed600aa718598ed07e0cac7a318817.jpg

On 8/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Not the best session, knees have been giving me a bit of jip and are constantly clicking atm. Not sure why as I take joint supports and eat salmon twice a day, fish oil being good for joints I believe. 

My knees use to give me jip for like last 5 years its always held my leg W/O back and made it hard for me to stay motivated to train them. One thing I found is if I do RDL's before squats, its literally like magic, the pain is gone. I think I have a tendency to just have really tight hamstrings and warming them up, getting them to fire correctly before I squat is what I think has been key.

Good session, focus has gone back to BBing as opposed to strenght. Following an old John Meadows programme I have which is essentially push pull legs arms and then with optional pump workouts for push pull and legs dependent on recovery. 

Happy I still managed to hit some reasonable bench numbers especially as it was 2nd exercise. 

Was meant to be leg day today but I've got a new bit of kit arriving tonight, a sissy squat bench which I want to use in my leg session so will hit them tomorrow.

Threw in a quick arm session tonight:

D handle Pressdowns 

Concentration curls

Barbell skulls

Cable curls

Single arm pressdowns

Hammer curls

All 3 sets of 10-12. Pump was quite painful. 

IMG_20200901_180335.thumb.jpg.4a26b58e12638742debd9ad8669bb75b.jpg

This arrived earlier today, the elitefts shoulder saver. Its effectively a 2 board press. Look forward to giving this a whirl for some overload work nearer the weekend. 

On 31/08/2020 at 2:17 PM, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Good session, focus has gone back to BBing as opposed to strenght. Following an old John Meadows programme I have which is essentially push pull legs arms and then with optional pump workouts for push pull and legs dependent on recovery. 

Happy I still managed to hit some reasonable bench numbers especially as it was 2nd exercise. 

Did you have to pay for the John meadows programme or was it something you found online? I enjoy a lot of his content 

27 minutes ago, Simon90 said:

Did you have to pay for the John meadows programme or was it something you found online? I enjoy a lot of his content 

Nope, I've got about 5 or 6 different ones. I'll DM you them mate, if I can work out how. 

4 minutes ago, Cam93 said:

Followed you on Insta, also in the progress of building and trying to get back into sone strength  training so ill keep watch ?

Cheers mate, just followed you back. 

Having a home gym has been one of the best things I've done in recent times. Sticking to the basics really is working well. 

I'll warn you tho, you'll get addicted to buying stuff for your gym. 

21 minutes ago, CaneCorsoX2 said:

Cheers mate, just followed you back. 

Having a home gym has been one of the best things I've done in recent times. Sticking to the basics really is working well. 

I'll warn you tho, you'll get addicted to buying stuff for your gym. 

2 years off gear and 18 months without training hasn't done me any favours, back to baby weights! First littke one due in a few weeks so the home gyns supposed to help consistency.

Yeah its already getting that way - luckiky/unluckily eveeythibgs out of stock atm so not getting very far very quick. Was going yo get the sane Mira rack as you but thinking of opting fir the cage when its back in stock

12 minutes ago, Cam93 said:

2 years off gear and 18 months without training hasn't done me any favours, back to baby weights! First littke one due in a few weeks so the home gyns supposed to help consistency.

Yeah its already getting that way - luckiky/unluckily eveeythibgs out of stock atm so not getting very far very quick. Was going yo get the sane Mira rack as you but thinking of opting fir the cage when its back in stock

I'd honestly get the cage and get the cable pull down attachment. I already had my lever gym with high and low cables from earlier in the lockdown. 

You'd only really need that cage, weights and a bar to do most things. 

On 18/08/2020 at 6:03 PM, CaneCorsoX2 said:

145 x 10 according to my workout tracker I've used for past 18 months is an all time pb. This is 2 more reps than last weeks session. Next week is 3s and then following is a 1+ amrap. It'll be in the 160s and I want at least 5. 

Some good lifts there mate, very strong! Love the equipment also - is that a home gym? Because looks better than most commercial gyms!

Real good amount of volume on proper weight. Great to see! Do you train like that all year round?

8 hours ago, bigaldevlin said:

Some good lifts there mate, very strong! Love the equipment also - is that a home gym? Because looks better than most commercial gyms!

Real good amount of volume on proper weight. Great to see! Do you train like that all year round?

Thanks bud, yeah it's just in my garage, wish I had a double garage now as I'd love more equipment. I put it together during lockdown back in April may time and have added bits as I've gone along. 

I don't always train 531 or PL focused. I've moved to a more hypertrophy based phase for the moment to have a bit more variety but I still hit a heavy compound each session and try to get stronger at them. I do love benching and have always been pretty good at it by most gym goers standards. However up against a legit powerlifter I'm not very special. 

Can I ask how much volume you do, during your hypertrophy phases? 

I've stuck with around 12-14 sets for all body parts each week for last 18 months, 1 loaded set, 1 back off more or less for 3 exercises.

I feel I have a poor work capacity, especially for things like my chest, so if I try do higher volume, my intensity takes a big hit.