UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Garage Gym Power Building

2K views 120 replies 20 participants last post by  BLUE(UK) 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Since the lockdown I invested in a home gym, it's not fully complete but I have most bases covered.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Road surface Asphalt

I'm at the peak of a bulk atm, and looking to start a blast soon, 113.7kg just finishing my cruise.

Training:

5 days per week, with heavy 3s, 5s on compounds and then more volume on back off and accessories.

Diet:

5000cals per day

Made up of:

Protein - steak, skyr, whey, chicken

Carbs - spud, rice, fruit

Fat - nut butters

I eat 6 x per day.

Goals:

As I've peaked out at max weight I want to be, I'm now planning to do a very slow diet into my wedding early next year.

Plan is to initially hop on some test p, npp and eq to start with, before switching to test p, primo and possibly a dabble of tren ace.

Doses:

300mg nexus test p

50mg anavar pulsed

I know some of the longstanding members from the past on here as used to be quite active back in the day.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
You changed you name again? How come?

i secretly stalk you on insta so seen you build this.

will you ever go back to a gym or is this you now?

some good lifts btw and a good set up :thumb
I got perma banned by an ex mod mate for zero reason, other than perhaps lab politics. No warnings, just culled.

Swole said it's OK to come back.

I might go to a gym from time to time, but for my way of training, I don't really have a need. I can do 90% of what I'd usually do in a gym at home. Can train how I want and when I want.

Plus the gym I went to has suspended memberships and charges 5 quid a session atm. So my usual 30 quid a month membership would now cost me 100. I'm not happy to pay that.

#13 ·
If I had a Smith, Cable and a few hammer strength back and chest machines I'd wouldn't go back to a gym. Most of my stuff is free weights and I'm cautious of wear on my joints. I'll probs go back last week before my deload.

Nice setup mate, that bench press looks very clean and strong

#16 ·
If I had a Smith, Cable and a few hammer strength back and chest machines I'd wouldn't go back to a gym. Most of my stuff is free weights and I'm cautious of wear on my joints. I'll probs go back last week before my deload.

Nice setup mate, that bench press looks very clean and strong
Cheers mate.

Yeah I disagreed with my last gym accepting people's membership fees during lockdown, but as soon as it opened they suspended membership and said £5 quid per session. That would be 100 a month. I live in a village outside of london/Oxford and where I am has limited decent gyms. Just pure types and I personally have never enjoyed those environments having trained in Genesis, Bulldogs, unique etc which are old school spit n saw dust types.

#22 ·
17/08/2020

Start of blast. Cruised from final week of June, July and this month. Would normally go a bit longer but was a mild test primo cycle beforehand that got interrupted due to covid for a bit anyway whilst I was without equipment.

Start:

Shorts White Muscle Plumbing fixture Black

Defo not my best look but I've pushed my weight up to just under 114kg from 98kg over past few months. As I'm off cycle in that pic, was never gonna be the best.

Goal is to now slowly creep down to 100-105kg depending on how much needs to come off.

Calories will be adjusted from 4k, which is what I'll start on.

Attachments

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Delivery of nexus bits came today.

So can start my 300mg pw nexus test p 300mg pw inone npp and 600mg pw chiron eq.

Will be using 50mg anavar a day split as well. Will up to 75mg if progress stalls.

I'll throw in the sporadic use of pre workout orals, such as anadrol or mtren. I just drink the mtren in my pre workout shake. It's methylated and saves jabbing.

#31 ·
#47 ·
https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CECbnx4gOhN/?igshid=16oxjf96o0s48

145 x 10 according to my workout tracker I've used for past 18 months is an all time pb. This is 2 more reps than last weeks session. Next week is 3s and then following is a 1+ amrap. It'll be in the 160s and I want at least 5.
Some good lifts there mate, very strong! Love the equipment also - is that a home gym? Because looks better than most commercial gyms!

Real good amount of volume on proper weight. Great to see! Do you train like that all year round?

#32 ·
Switched my training up a bit to high frequency low volume. Following big beyond belief layout.

Today's session:

Seated BB OHP x 4 sets

SSB Squats x 4 sets

Tricep Pressdowns x 4 sets

Hanging abs x 4 sets

Threw in a couple extra exercisez:

Rev hypers x 2 sets

Leg ext x 2 sets

Quick 45min workout.

Really felt the var today, about 10 days in on 50mg so that's to be expected. Triceps were cramping up doing tricep Pressdowns to the point I had to stop and stretch them out a bit.

#33 ·
Do you ever use dumbells for your pressing?

After working on my technique this lockdown I'm pressing the most I ever have on flat and incline. My chest is my one of my best assets and was built on dbs but I really enjoy the feel and movement on a barbell

I'd love to break past the 50s barrier with the dbs and hoping to reach 55kgs by end of year when I finish up my cut in another 4 or so weeks

Great log, be watching along. Your gym is so sick, we have the same workout music too lol

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
Do you ever use dumbells for your pressing?

After working on my technique this lockdown I'm pressing the most I ever have on flat and incline. My chest is my one of my best assets and was built on dbs but I really enjoy the feel and movement on a barbell

I'd love to break past the 50s barrier with the dbs and hoping to reach 55kgs by end of year when I finish up my cut in another 4 or so weeks

Great log, be watching along. Your gym is so sick, we have the same workout music too lol
When I used to go to the gym yeah, I think my all time best is 70s for 6 reps, poss 8. I spent probs the first 5 years of my training away from the bench press and solely dB work. I was a bit of a pansy and didn't do the compound movements. Night club muscles only got trained haha.

Atm I have 10s 20s and 30s in my garage gym, so the 30s don't quite cut it. I'd knock out sets of 25 of I used them for pressing. I do however use them for tate press, laterals, curls, tricep ext etc. I miss heavy dbs, I'll buy some when things calm down.

Atm I'm very much training the compound movements as that's what I have all the gear to hit at suitable weights. I recently benched a 170kg single, pulled 230, and squatted 190 in just sleeves. Not too far off my all time pbs, but I'm moving away from heavy singles for a while. As I'm dieting (slightly) I'm doing more high rep stuff.

Barbell bench and Incline bench has brought my chest up more than dbs. Weird how it's different for some. I was always very shoulder dominant, due to my swimming background I suspect, which made my already small pecs look even smaller.

Dave Tate so you think you can bench is a great video tutorial on bench press technique. If you have 10mins, well worth a watch.

Ps thanks, I love having the home gym. I'll try and post some more sessions up. Especially on the heavier sets. My music taste is all over the place. I like rock, dance, euro pop shite, then I also like some more ballad like songs too to get me amped up.

#37 ·
Not the best session, knees have been giving me a bit of jip and are constantly clicking atm. Not sure why as I take joint supports and eat salmon twice a day, fish oil being good for joints I believe.

https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CEXJr-7gNWJ/?igshid=zv5irdpl0b7n
My knees use to give me jip for like last 5 years its always held my leg W/O back and made it hard for me to stay motivated to train them. One thing I found is if I do RDL's before squats, its literally like magic, the pain is gone. I think I have a tendency to just have really tight hamstrings and warming them up, getting them to fire correctly before I squat is what I think has been key.

#36 ·
https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CEZtAN8A_qz/?igshid=lhy1nz5kdchv

Pretty happy with tonight's session.

Wanted 6 really on the 160 set, but the first rep threw me off as I just didn't keep tight.

11 days into my cycle now and def noticing a difference, as mid section is tightening, feel more pumped.

Mirror White Muscle Bathroom Plumbing fixture

Should be about now the test p, and npp should start really going. Only 2lbs down on my start pic, where imo I was a bloated mess:

Shorts White Muscle Plumbing fixture Leg

Attachments

#39 ·
#41 ·
https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CEjg5FCgfAC/?igshid=1uxlvez4sluo7

Good session, focus has gone back to BBing as opposed to strenght. Following an old John Meadows programme I have which is essentially push pull legs arms and then with optional pump workouts for push pull and legs dependent on recovery.

Happy I still managed to hit some reasonable bench numbers especially as it was 2nd exercise.
Did you have to pay for the John meadows programme or was it something you found online? I enjoy a lot of his content

#40 ·
Was meant to be leg day today but I've got a new bit of kit arriving tonight, a sissy squat bench which I want to use in my leg session so will hit them tomorrow.

Threw in a quick arm session tonight:

D handle Pressdowns

Concentration curls

Barbell skulls

Cable curls

Single arm pressdowns

Hammer curls

All 3 sets of 10-12. Pump was quite painful.

Automotive tire Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Hood Bumper

This arrived earlier today, the elitefts shoulder saver. Its effectively a 2 board press. Look forward to giving this a whirl for some overload work nearer the weekend.

Attachments

#49 ·
Can I ask how much volume you do, during your hypertrophy phases?

I've stuck with around 12-14 sets for all body parts each week for last 18 months, 1 loaded set, 1 back off more or less for 3 exercises.

I feel I have a poor work capacity, especially for things like my chest, so if I try do higher volume, my intensity takes a big hit.

#56 ·
https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CEt3oGLgRyd/?igshid=rpw9i4ppp7ar

Today's session, really pleased considering I've been barely hitting 3000 calories last few days due to stressful time at work.

Gonna get an Indian tonight, train legs tomorrow for 2nd time this week and then have a rest day Sunday, unless I feel like training upper back or something.

Will take progress pics Sunday am. Expecting to see quite a change. I def feel I look a lot leaner.

#57 ·
Updated diet:

M1 - oats, whey, blueberries, piece of fruit

M2 - pastrami in Aldi bloomer rolls

M3 - chicken and air fried potato

M4 - steak and air fried potato

Intra - 30g dextrose and eaa

Post - whey and small pack of gummy sweets

M5 - cajun chicken fajitas

#60 ·
Current condition

Joint Stomach Shoulder Muscle Human body

Joint Shoulder Muscle Black Sleeve

Nowhere near as lean as I want to be but on the way. Managed to get myself into a pair of 34 inch waist jeans yesterday and they were by no means tight on my waist. Not bad for someone sitting at 230lbs.

Probably need to chip away a other 5-7% bf off this to be happy. Shouldn't be too hard.

Attachments

#61 ·
Pretty crap session today. Not through lack of strength but due to what I think was a bad jab into scar tissue in my quad. The lump and swelling has moved down to just above my knee. Used my massage gun on it which has loosened it off but that quad is still tight.

Leg curls -

35kg x 10, 10, 10

Squats -

60 x 8

80 x 8

100 x 8

Was looking to build up to 140/150 x 8 but canned it due to the above. Just felt too tight/sore.

Instead focused on hams.

Reverse hyper:

40 x 10

80 x 10, 10, 10

60 x amrap, didn't count

SLDL:

140 x 8,8,8

DB RDLs:

30s x 15,15,17

#63 ·
https://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://www.instagram.com/p/CE4gWwQAjFp/?igshid=s6s5qx4k229v

Good session tonight. Really enjoyed it.

Need my 40s and 50kg dbs to hurry up and show up. Banded dbs is weird and caught me out on first rep with the purple band. Literally sprung back as I got 2/3 of way up.

Ordered a few other bits for the gym, dip bars for my rack and an ez bar. Can't wait to get the ez bar as curling on a straight bar really aggravates my wrists.

#67 ·
Can't wait to get the ez bar as curling on a straight bar really aggravates my wrists.
Yea I know what you mean buddy, I've always loved doing straight bar over ez as it's never affected me until a few weeks ago, was doing some boxing and missed the bag when it was swinging and punched the wall behind full power hahaha funny as hell but my wrist been hurting since so I have to strap it up on anything like this or use my ez. Nothing worse than wrist pain to ruin these kind of movements

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.