Sign in to follow this  
BuffPup

Test Cypionate or Test Enanthate for a beginner

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is having a good day. About to start my first cycle and kind of hesitating between Testosterone Cypionate or Testosterone Enanthate... I am pretty well read on the subject, did my research about the pct and planning to run no more than 400-500 mg a week of Test. One of the forums on reddit states that bloods are 'ever so-slightly' more stable on Cypionate.  Apparently that is due to Cypionate's terminal half-life being 5 days (Enanthate - 4.5 days). Anyone can confirm that? Which one would you recommend for a beginner cycle? Which one you personally did?

Cheers all

The differences are minimal. In the grand scheme of things Cyp has a slightly longer (minimal) half life but a lower amount of Test per gram and often costs a little bit more.

Stick to the same pinning frequency and your bloods will be fine, regardless of the ester.

Run Test E, you get more for your money.

Run Test E, you get more for your money.

Right, more bang for your buck argument sounds quite convincing  :D  But jokes aside, wouldn't even care paying more as long as the product is good and the least possible sides. Thinking of Dunning Labs. But do not have any experiences with any of the labs yet so still making up my mind.. :D Also thinking whether I'll need HCG on cycle or should I run it after the cycle before the PCT and leading into the PCT.  The latter way seems to be more recommended by Dr Thomas O'Connor aka the Anabolic Doc and Gregg Doucette (watched their videos about PCT and cycles). But heck I'm not sure about that too yet...

As far as I'm aware, Cyponate and Enanthate have negligible difference that unless you're looking at the compounds in a lab, you won't notice in real terms. 

On your last post, I'd edit the bit about "anyone here recommend a good UK source" - no source talk allowed on here, and for good reason. Using/buying/"possessing" steroids is not illegal in the UK so we can freely talk about labs, etc. But selling/"dealing" is illegal so the forum quite rightly has a strict "no source talk" rule and it's heavily enforced. In short - delete that bit if the mods haven't already by the time you see this. You've clearly got the right attitude in terms of being sensible, so a shame to see you banned for not realising this. 

In terms of labs though - any of the labs you see regularly touted on here are good to go. Most of the experienced users on here know their s**t, so if plenty of guys are saying "x lab is good" then it's a fair shout. 

On HCG - I wouldn't overly worry. Personal experience as I know a lot recommend it, but many people including me, don't bother as it isn't the be-all-and-end-all of a cycle and a bit of a faff for little gain. A decent lab, clean injection practice, proper training, proper eating, decent sleep (probably the most neglected thing for any first-time steroid user), and keeping on top of your AI usage, is all you need. 

Oh so you think HCG is not very necessary. I am inclined to agree. Cause just remembering the good old rule to keep it simple for everything and anything you try for the first time...  How about the situation with the ball shrinkage? Or is it gonna be alright in the end anyways?

2 hours ago, BuffPup said:

Oh so you think HCG is not very necessary

I completely disagree, especially if you are young and don’t have children. Have a read through this:

23 hours ago, BuffPup said:

Which one you personally did?

Prefer enanthate myself but not much difference between them.

HCG is a worthwhile addition to a cycle, or at minimum taken before PCT.

Decent replies here guys thanks. Here is what I found after another day of thorough research (including reading actual medical papers done by PhDs in Medicine) and I decided that HCG is possibly better to use after the cycle has ended rather than from the day one of the cycle (as suggested by some guys on this website).  Here is a link to a Youtube video where a guy who is an actual doctor explains this better

My reasoning here is basically: your balls are going to shrink anyway and they are not going to produce testosterone while you are on a cycle and another thing is HCG has it's own side effects. I am personally very prone to various side effects from medications. My body just doesn't like when I put too much different stuff in it once. However that is just my opinion. So if you guys have any personal experience or arguments supporting usage of HCG from the day one of your Test cycle and willing to share them here I will gladly listen.

Not using hcg on cycle increases the risk of permanent damage to leydig cells. Running 500iu twice weekly on cycle probably won’t cause the large part of any sides you may encounter.

Well done on doing your research but I’d question if you are genuinely prepared to take the risks associated with hormone abuse.

2 hours ago, BuffPup said:

My reasoning here is basically: your balls are going to shrink anyway and they are not going to produce testosterone while you are on a cycle and another thing is HCG has it's own side effects.

You're wrong mate...

HCG mimics Luteinizing Hormone (LH).  It’s a complicated mechanism that involves both gene expression and downstream steroid synthesis.  
The pituitary gland releases LH which stimulates the Leydig cells of the testes to produce testosterone.

Why would you want to stop this, or make it harder to restart?

5 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Not using hcg on cycle increases the risk of permanent damage to leydig cells. Running 500iu twice weekly on cycle probably won’t cause the large part of any sides you may encounter.

Well done on doing your research but I’d question if you are genuinely prepared to take the risks associated with hormone abuse.

Right, did you run HCG during your cycle then? How well did you tolerate it? I hear a lot about Test and HCG both affecting Red Blood Cells Count. Just worried if it is safe to run HCG plus Test plus possibly an AI (in case I need it) for that long. So as far as I understand some people recommending running it for 12 weeks if I do the 12-14 weeks cycle plus 2- 3 weeks until pct and then like 4 or more weeks of the PCT, that is more than 20 weeks course. And there is probably some desensitisation going to occur so you need to up the dosage eventually I guess. How long did you guys do your HCG for?

I have used TestCyp and TestE for TRT and a cycle and I prefer Cyp purely as it seems to come with a less viscose base, which warms easier and I can use a thinner pin to inject. I've noticed the private TRT docs also seem to recommend Cyp for the above reason.

5 hours ago, BuffPup said:

Right, did you run HCG during your cycle

I stay on permanently these days and have been running hcg for well over 3 years without issues. 

4 hours ago, Sasnak said:

I stay on permanently these days and have been running hcg for well over 3 years without issues. 

Oh... I hope you okay :(...... Also good to hear that it is not causing any issues then. Do you remember your first cycle dosages? Maybe I'll run 500 iu every week cause I feel like anything more will only start doing more harm than good. But that's just me.  Also because I'm not ever planning on blasting and cruising. I just wanna do a few cycles and then quit steroids. Unless only in future when when I get old and need TRT.