UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Anavar bloat/acid reflux

6K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Baka 
#1 ·
Afternoon all,

At just under 4 weeks weeks of first cycle (pre holiday cut) of TestC 250mg p/w (just increased to 300mg) and 50mg Anavar ED. Unfortunately had to drop the VAR 3 days ago as just got sick of the stomach bloating/pain and acid reflux.

Tried @swole troll suggested Kefir, degistive enzymes, ACV and they helped with the reflux but the stomach issues remained. Real shame as was really loving the pumps, hardness, vascularity and strength.

I looked at injectable VAR as a possible way around these symptoms - but seems very hard to source legit stuff.

Would injectable Winstrol be a decent alternative to avoid the stomach issues? - my supplier has 50mg/ml Pharmacom. And if yes, would dosage should i be looking at for a first cycle?

For context been on TRT for several years at approx 100mg p/w + 100iu HCG ED.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey @swole troll,

Appreciate you taking the time to reply...

Been on the cut for about 6 weeks, gastric problems really only began a short while into the cycle. At first it was the acid reflux but ACV initially fixed that but then the bloating and gastric pain kicked in. Cut out a few things to see if they were the cause like sugar free energy drinks, malitol, euthrytol, Cruciferous Vegetables, onions, wheat etc. but no improvement. Kefir did help with the acid reflux when it came back.

Stopped taking the VAR 4 days ago and bloating/pain virtually disappeared- took 25mg this morning and it came back with a vengeance after lunch and for the rest of the day.

1850cals atm and its pretty clean. Lots of fresh fruit, yoghurt, kefir, lots of veg (no starchy veg) and salad, rice and of course lots of protein (chicken, turkey, steak, fish, protein shakes). It's fairly bland and boring and thankfully only for 2 more weeks :)

Without being alarmist could the gastric issues be a sign of liver damage? I know its unlikely on VAR but.... Planned to get my TRT plus check done at 5 weeks to make sure my levels were all good (have years of TRT baseline to compare) but thought i may bring it forward just to doublecheck liver values.

#5 ·
Hey @swole troll,

Appreciate you taking the time to reply...

Been on the cut for about 6 weeks, gastric problems really only began a short while into the cycle. At first it was the acid reflux but ACV initially fixed that but then the bloating and gastric pain kicked in. Cut out a few things to see if they were the cause like sugar free energy drinks, malitol, euthrytol, Cruciferous Vegetables, onions, wheat etc. but no improvement. Kefir did help with the acid reflux when it came back.

Stopped taking the VAR 4 days ago and bloating/pain virtually disappeared- took 25mg this morning and it came back with a vengeance after lunch and for the rest of the day.

1850cals atm and its pretty clean. Lots of fresh fruit, yoghurt, kefir, lots of veg (no starchy veg) and salad, rice and of course lots of protein (chicken, turkey, steak, fish, protein shakes). It's fairly bland and boring and thankfully only for 2 more weeks :)

Without being alarmist could the gastric issues be a sign of liver damage? I know its unlikely on VAR but.... Planned to get my TRT plus check done at 5 weeks to make sure my levels were all good (have years of TRT baseline to compare) but thought i may bring it forward just to doublecheck liver values.
How are your bowel movements? Have you slowed down or become at all constipated?

And if so, did this stop when the ceased taking anavar?

#4 ·
Highly unlikely to be any kind of substantial liver damage without pre existing condition, which is of course possible but most are aware that this could be the case based off their life style.

It probably just doesn't agree with you, not everyone's digestion can take 17aa orals passing through it, many have to totally rule them out or accept some level of discomfort.

You could bring the bloodwork forward if you are concerned but again I'd be surprised if this was a hepatic issue.

Post the bloods in here and tag me if you remember to.

#6 ·
Hey @swole troll,

I guess they just don't agree with me - c'est la vie - the TestC cycle is great anyway - lost over 5% BF and gained almost 7lbs muscle - so delighted with that on my first cycle - in a cut too.

Liver issues seems a longshot i agree. was a fairly heavy drinker in my 40's but been off the sauce completely for almost 4 years and my liver levels are always good on my regular TRT blood tests. will post and tag if any concerns - thanks..

@Bensif Definitely noticed slow down of bowel movements and some constipation on the VAR cycle. Eased over the last couple days but then started when i took some again yesterday - have a feeling it will now get back to normal as I'm off the VAR completely - for good!

#7 ·
Hey @swole troll,

I guess they just don't agree with me - c'est la vie - the TestC cycle is great anyway - lost over 5% BF and gained almost 7lbs muscle - so delighted with that on my first cycle - in a cut too.

Liver issues seems a longshot i agree. was a fairly heavy drinker in my 40's but been off the sauce completely for almost 4 years and my liver levels are always good on my regular TRT blood tests. will post and tag if any concerns - thanks..

@Bensif Definitely noticed slow down of bowel movements and some constipation on the VAR cycle. Eased over the last couple days but then started when i took some again yesterday - have a feeling it will now get back to normal as I'm off the VAR completely - for good!
Sounds like bile secretion is / was impaired. This is unusual, especially so soon into using anavar, unless it either wasn't anavar or you digestion was already somewhat degraded.

Betaine HCL can help but you are best of eliminating the cause.

Have you been on any other medications or pain killers?

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
@Bensif Interesting. Will defo get bloods done Monday am to see liver levels then. I hope it was real - started with Pharmacom 10mg (code verified) and then switched to Rohm 50mg. Started taking TUDCA & NAC a week ago when the gastric pain really got bad (should have started with cycle really). No medications and can't remember last time I took a painkiller - probably several years.

Have ordered the Betain as have heard good things.

#9 ·
Afternoon all,

At just under 4 weeks weeks of first cycle (pre holiday cut) of TestC 250mg p/w (just increased to 300mg) and 50mg Anavar ED. Unfortunately had to drop the VAR 3 days ago as just got sick of the stomach bloating/pain and acid reflux.

Tried @swole troll suggested Kefir, degistive enzymes, ACV and they helped with the reflux but the stomach issues remained. Real shame as was really loving the pumps, hardness, vascularity and strength.

I looked at injectable VAR as a possible way around these symptoms - but seems very hard to source legit stuff.

Would injectable Winstrol be a decent alternative to avoid the stomach issues? - my supplier has 50mg/ml Pharmacom. And if yes, would dosage should i be looking at for a first cycle?

Betane is good for acid reflux, found in Strom supportmax max and also here....

https://www.naturesbest.co.uk/digestive-aids-fibre/betaine-hydrochloride/

#11 ·
Hey@Garryspoon ,

I was using sugarfree caffeine drinks at start of cycle but then omitted them to see if it helped - it didn't unfortunately.

It was a sobering experience for me to get quite so ill on what is considered by many 'to be a safer' oral. Either it wasn't genuine, i just can't take 17's or perhaps I am intolerant to one of the binders as you suggest. Regardless it's definitely caused some damage which seems to be slowly mending...

It's a lesson learned and I'll stick to good ole T juice in the future!!

#12 ·
Afternoon all,

Hi mate,

Out of interest what brand is it and are they 10mg or 50mg pills?

I had Shree Vanketesh years ago 10mg pills! Oh man my guts were upside down in a matter of days!

Changed to a different brand 50mg tans and was fine?

#20 ·
Hi mate,

Out of interest what brand is it and are they 10mg or 50mg pills?

I had Shree Vanketesh years ago 10mg pills! Oh man my guts were upside down in a matter of days!

Changed to a different brand 50mg tans and was fine?
Started with 10mg Pharmacom and then switched to 50mg ROHM - they both had the same sides. Always took them with food and was taking additional Omega 3 capsules to counteract Var's assault on HDL. For context been on my current diet for about 4 years with no bloat/acid etc. Some of the artificial sweeteners can cause me problems such as Malitol so will avoid those.

Started cut some weeks before cycle - only difference was less cals (ofc) and higher protein percentage - same foods just different ratios. For me I have no doubt VAR started the problems which are slowly clearing up.

#13 ·
I used to be able to run Anavar no issue

But last 2 summers it's been a nightmare, tried loads of remedies but just accepted orals just don't agree with me unfortunately.

weird how the body changes over time but unless a lab can make. 50mg/ml injectable version, I doubt I'll use again, which is a shame as it was my favourite med

#14 ·
Afternoon all,

yea the same , been testing 5 different anavar.

Gas , bloated stomach are the main sides.

I'm searching for an injectable version right now , because anavar is the thing that gave me the most insane strength boost without weight gain

#16 ·
yea the same , been testing 5 different anavar.

Gas , bloated stomach are the main sides.

I'm searching for an injectable version right now , because anavar is the thing that gave me the most insane strength boost without weight gain
The likelihood is you have a food intolerance that has led to poor digestion and transit being inhibited. The anavar is most probably exasperating this / lining of your stomach leading to the reflux.

Gas is a result of food sitting in the large bowel. Bloating the result of gas building up food sitting in the rest of the GI tract. The reflux is tertiary to the former two issues.

Your best bet is removing foods from your diet until you isolate the issue. Sometimes it can be something obscure, and other times more obvious, eg whey concentrate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.