Sign in to follow this  
Alannnn

Gaining

Hi guys! Hope u are all well in this times.

I have been in a discussion with myself for the past 3 months, I have a body where my legs are really skinny, I have skinny arms too, but I have belly fat, I would say I am approx at 16% of body fat.

I do wanna get big as its clear a good decision, but my main goal would be to look leaner so that I can see my abs and have nice pecs, also getting good legs and arms throughout.

At the moment I am doing body weight exercises as nobody can go to the gym in Scotland... Monday arms, Tuesday legs, Wednesday back and shoulders, Thursday chest, Friday cardio and back on legs if they are not sure. I also do 12 minuted of abs every day. I am also eating 2300kcal a day, with macros about 40% Healthy fats, 30% good carbs and 30% protein. 

I am 20yo, 5'10 and 65kg

Could someone please help me out to know what is the best option for me to reduce my body fat percentage as a main goal, not getting ultra skinny

Thank you guys

I've no idea about how exactly you look like, but from experience I can say that doing exercises like bicycle crunches, elliptical training and vertical leg crunch can be helpful in loosing belly fat. You should keep your posture correct while doing exercises to prevent injuries.

27 minutes ago, Jeffrey987987 said:

I've no idea about how exactly you look like, but from experience I can say that doing exercises like bicycle crunches, elliptical training and vertical leg crunch can be helpful in loosing belly fat. You should keep your posture correct while doing exercises to prevent injuries.

Where you get that info from lol. You can’t target fat loss in particular areas!

16 minutes ago, Jeffrey987987 said:

you cannot localise fat loss from anywhere on the body, no exercise will burn fat from a specific area.

At the moment I am doing bodyweight exercises as nobody can go to the gym in Scotland... Monday arms, Tuesday legs, Wednesday back and shoulders, Thursday chest, Friday cardio and back on legs if they are not sure. I also do 12 minutes of abs every day. I am also eating 2300kcal a day, with macros about 40% Healthy fats, 30% good carbs and 30% protein. 

I am 20yo, 5'10 and 65kg

Could someone please help me out to know what is the best option for me to reduce my body fat percentage as the main goal, not getting ultra skinny

I assume you are back at the gym now that they are open in Scotland?

You need a basic weights program to start to build muscle, this, in turn, will address both your stomach fat (fat in general) and your skinny muscles, look at a whole-body routine training every other day, increase your protein to 40% and reduce your fats to 30%

Forget abs, forget having "nice pecs" for the moment, forget working out exact calories etc..

Get in the gym and start training, i would recommend a standard push/pull/leg routine which i think work well for beginners. 

When it comes to food make sure your getting in 4 good meals per day, with an extra snack. Don't worry about eating lean meats, steak etc.. Just eat good well rounded meals. I would also recommend a litre of milk a day if your really skinny.  After a few weeks look at the scale, if its going up then keep doing as you are, when it stalls add in another snack or meal. 

It takes time to build lean mass, and it'll take forever if your not eating a sufficient amount of food, and there isn't much point in dieting down with nothing to show underneath the bodyfat.

On 9/8/2020 at 2:59 PM, Pscarb said:

you cannot localise fat loss from anywhere on the body, no exercise will burn fat from a specific area.

I assume you are back at the gym now that they are open in Scotland?

You need a basic weights program to start to build muscle, this, in turn, will address both your stomach fat (fat in general) and your skinny muscles, look at a whole-body routine training every other day, increase your protein to 40% and reduce your fats to 30%

If no exercise will burn those fats, then what can be the appropriate way of getting rid of extra fat on body? May be its related to diet or the combination of both.

On 9/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, Youdontknowme said:

Where you get that info from lol. You can’t target fat loss in particular areas!

I am sorry if my information isn't sounds correct, because it was based on my personal experience, which might be wrong or correct in some ways. If you have the solution of loosing fat at particular area of body let say belly, then please share that with me.

On 15/09/2020 at 11:04 AM, Jeffrey987987 said:

If no exercise will burn those fats, then what can be the appropriate way of getting rid of extra fat on body? May be its related to diet or the combination of both.

lowering fat is down to energy balance, you need to be in a calorific deficit, that will mainly come from a nutrition standpoint but training (expenditure) will also play a part.

The simple message is eat less calories than you use on a daily basis.