BicepBandito

Do you have to up the mg every cycle to continue packing on muscle tissue?

I asked @trainedbyjp on Instagram if you have to up the mg every cycle to reap new growth and he said yes. 

He said he's at the point where he doesn't care what compounds he takes, as long as the total mg is higher than his previous cycle, he knows he'll put on new muscle tissue.

8 minutes ago, BicepBandito said:

I asked @trainedbyjp on Instagram if you have to up the mg every cycle to reap new growth and he said yes. 

He said he's at the point where he doesn't care what compounds he takes, as long as the total mg is higher than his previous cycle, he knows he'll put on new muscle tissue.

Absolute s**t, as others have said time and time again - less is more.

4 minutes ago, Wildkid said:

Absolute s**t, as others have said time and time again - less is more.

Have to agree mate more gear more sides same results as a lower total dose.

Anyone saying less is more wont have high levels of muscle mass.

Yes, less is more in terms of guys using too much too soon. But ultimately you will need to push doses progressively, just as you will the food and the training.

Jordan is right. 

How much you need to push is person dependent. Some guys only need to up their doses by 10%. But you will need to be progressive. 

With 90% of guys out there, chances are it isn’t the doses that need to be pushed. I see it time and time again; inability to really drive their training

@Bensif is completely accurate. 

With someone at Jordan’s stage you can’t really push or improve his nutrition or training as both are optimal. Same with his recovery and stress management etc. Only thing left to push up is the drugs. 

Quite the opposite with the regular gym goer who pushes the drugs first without food and training following.

Take 2 identical people with the same diets and training and put one on 500mg and the other on 1g. Which one will build more muscle. 

Less is more if more drugs has a detrimental effect on your training and nutrition. If it doesn't then more gear will provide more results.

I sticked to same dosages for years and never really got much bigger. This time I jumped to 1.5g test (never even tried a gram before that) and broke all plateaus pretty much. Didn't even have to force feed since I got this kind of appetite on this cycle that you know you are growing and need the extra kcals (averaged about 5000 kcal daily but went to 6k often because I could not stop eating. No junk either.  Oats, rice meat etc). I WISH I had pushed dosages earlier. I could've been much bigger by now. 

https://imgur.com/a/cWltMDp

2 hours ago, Bensif said:

Yes, less is more in terms of guys using too much too soon. But ultimately you will need to push doses progressively, just as you will the food and the training.

Jordan is right. 

How much you need to push is person dependent. Some guys only need to up their doses by 10%. But you will need to be progressive. 

With 90% of guys out there, chances are it isn’t the doses that need to be pushed. I see it time and time again; inability to really drive their training

Hopefully pushing the dose doesn’t result in dangerous levels of blood pressure resulting in taking meds to keep it down.

Or insomnia resulting is taking zopiclone to sleep.

Or anxiety levels resulting in diazepam usage.

Its a viscous circle the more you use the worse your health will become and the more sides you get.

Yeah as already stated Jp has so much muscle it will be hard for him to add more without the increased doseages.  His training Is gruelling and he is experienced in this field.

He is at his genetic max and more with the use of peds so it gives to reason he needs more volume of gear/food to add more mass 

2 hours ago, iron2000 said:

I sticked to same dosages for years and never really got much bigger. This time I jumped to 1.5g test (never even tried a gram before that) and broke all plateaus pretty much. Didn't even have to force feed since I got this kind of appetite on this cycle that you know you are growing and need the extra kcals (averaged about 5000 kcal daily but went to 6k often because I could not stop eating. No junk either.  Oats, rice meat etc). I WISH I had pushed dosages earlier. I could've been much bigger by now. 

You look great.. Have you ever used tren before? 

OP  i believe this is a mixed question, for professionals or those looking to compete who have their training and nutrition down.  as most others have said here  that most people would be better making sure their training was 100% consistent as would be there calorie intake and their sleep and water intake ( many under value the latter).  Most people in my opinion do not realise the amount of food you have to eat to gain once you are at a decent size, when you start going over 4000 cals a day of relative clean food ( is there such a thing)  its a fight. Also Many of the new breed of gym goer thinks they can make LEAN GAINS.. LEAN GAINS is crap if you want to be really big, its fine if you want decent physique but your never getting big without getting a bit fluffy when pushing up the scale.   I know many who just up their drugs each time and are taking over a gram of gear when their training is inconsistent as are their nutrition and wonder why they are not as big as the bigger guiys its when the old "genetics" card gets thrown around a lot.  

I agree most pros etc need to keep increasing total mg if they want to put on size but they are all at a size whereby new muscle is so difficult to add.  Most gym rats,     my first advice is to record everything and i mean everything, you food you water, you supplements you gear, your training.  start and end weights what your left with after you lose the fat you gained.  its only then can you start to compare your cycles or your blasts, to see if you gained more or less. based on all factors.  

sorry realised this is all so boring !! lol 

17 minutes ago, Lowkii said:

You look great.. Have you ever used tren before? 

Thanks. I'm on 350mg tren a and 500mg mast prop too... By the way, read the background of the photo :lol: Pure tren

2 hours ago, iron2000 said:

looking great..  But I would add from your physique alone, i would guess you have your training and diet consistent, and pretty much pushed your potential already  

You liken it to food, one of the other cornerstones for growing large amounts of muscle.

4000kcal will only get you so far

Sure little variables can be tweaked (same as with gear dosages) and you can grow a bit more but you're not going to be able to get to 140kg if you cap out at 120kg eating 4000kcal, the food simply has to increase for you to get heavier at a certain point.

Everything has to be progressive; food, training and drugs eventually 

Drugs should be the last variable to up but they most certainly will need to go up in the end if you want to continue to grow muscle.

And with those saying they've grown off less than they have before should refer back to the food analogy

If you can maintain on 4000kcal and you jump to 6000 then you will grow, but if you were to drop back to 5000 you'd still be growing even though you're eating less because it's still a surplus.

I'd honestly think this was all quite obvious? 

You lifted more to get bigger 

You ate more to get bigger 

And when they stopped working you increased your hormonal profile to get bigger (started taking steroids) 

This equation for getting massive only stops when it's no longer feasible to increase and or your health becomes of concern. 

7 hours ago, Bensif said:

Jordan is right. 

Completely agree with this because its pretty much a fact..... at least anecdotally.

When i run circa 500mg pw of course sides are lower, than when i run 3g pw but then again this depends on what I'm running. My last 3g cycle consisted of test E and NPP and the only side i experienced was a disrupted sleep pattern. However, this wasn't due to the gear but rather the fact that i weighed 21 stone and at that weight EVERYTHING becomes a chore. 

I think this is what differentiates a 'recreational'  and competitive bb as  @Sasnak has suggested.

So yes, definitely need to increase the dose in line with training and diet to continue to increase muscle tissue.

47 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

Just do 5g first cycle and remove the guess work. 

And also eat 10k calories and bench 200kg for reps on your first trip to the gym.

Totally agree with @Bensif and @swole troll 

The problem is it is not simple to answer the question, there are far too many variables to consider.

Essentially gear does not increase muscle mass without calories and muscle will not increase without training, out of those three the easiest thing to do is to take steroids.
So what a lot of guys do is increase the mg of the steroid they use a week and end up taking more than they can ultimately use as the nutrition and training are lacking, this is why in my opinion you get guys on closer to 1g a week that does not look like they train when they are wearing clothes, a clear indicator of this is when they are asked about training and nutrition they immediately claim it is nailed :whistling:

For someone like JP increasing the overall mg per cycle would be true mainly due to his optimal nutrition and training approach, for most other people this is not true and would probably find they could actually grow more muscle with less gear if they spent the time looking at a more optimal way to train and eat for them as an individual, rather than just follow the crowd.

10 hours ago, Pscarb said:

......this is why in my opinion you get guys on closer to 1g a week that does not look like they train when they are wearing clothes, a clear indicator of this is when they are asked about training and nutrition they immediately claim it is nailed :whistling:

This is why clothing lines such as Gym Shark etc have nailed the ‘disco bodybuilding’ market.. people would have never guessed that certain gym goers could even spell ‘gym’ let alone know what to do inside one without wearing clothes that are so tight and have a clue in their name  that suggests the person wearing them trains.