Sign in to follow this  
OptimumPT

Pubs may shut to allow Schools to reopen

So they've let them open, take staff the furlough scheme, just to shut them again?

Ridiculous, the government have never been this out of touch with the reality of the situation for the average person. The issue is no matter whats done its not going to hurt they're pockets.

4 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

So they've let them open, take staff the furlough scheme, just to shut them again?

Ridiculous, the government have never been this out of touch with the reality of the situation for the average person. The issue is no matter whats done its not going to hurt they're pockets.

It's not the government. All that's happened at the moment, is some scientist has suggested it might need to happen. 

8 minutes ago, Denied said:

It's not the government. All that's happened at the moment, is some scientist has suggested it might need to happen. 

I wonder how many people have lost their livelihoods and are in danger of becoming homeless due to the decisions made by "some scientist" over the past few months.

Hundreds of new covid cases confirmed in Spain just as the government allowed people to fly there. Doesn't take a genius to work out that these new cases are holiday makers who will bring it back to the UK with them. They've been stupid enough to go on holiday so they'll be stupid enough to not quarantine when they get back. 

I suggest anyone who passes on covid 19 should be criminally charged - GBH, ABH all the way to manslaughter if someone dies as a result. 

11 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

I wonder how many people have lost their livelihoods and are in danger of becoming homeless due to the decisions made by "some scientist" over the past few months.

Government make the final decision not the scientist 

27 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Tell me about it, wheres Heisenberg when you need him!

23 minutes ago, Dadbod2020 said:

Hundreds of new covid cases confirmed in Spain just as the government allowed people to fly there. Doesn't take a genius to work out that these new cases are holiday makers who will bring it back to the UK with them. They've been stupid enough to go on holiday so they'll be stupid enough to not quarantine when they get back. 

I suggest anyone who passes on covid 19 should be criminally charged - GBH, ABH all the way to manslaughter if someone dies as a result. 

What lol seriously a bit brutal isn’t it lol. A lot people don’t even know they even have covid. Glad your not in power haha ? 

22 minutes ago, ByTheNumbers said:

How many 'spikes' will it take before our government considers the possibility that lockdowns are not working and maybe Sweden actually had a better long term strategy?

Sweden definitely had a lot more deaths but it’s not exactly put a dent in there population plus there economy isn’t to bad either 

53 minutes ago, Dadbod2020 said:

So they have covid but feel well enough to go on holiday? Hardly sounds like a virus to panic about. 

If they were bed ridden, like you can be with loads of other stuff, I might see a point but that's not the case.

All the women who go on holiday and come back showing symptoms of Covid should be brought to my house for a punishment bumming. I'm willing to make that sacrifice for the greater good.

2 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

All the women who go on holiday and come back showing symptoms of Covid should be brought to my house for a punishment bumming. I'm willing to make that sacrifice for the greater good.

sounds a bit homophobic to me

1 hour ago, Dadbod2020 said:

Lol

1 hour ago, Dadbod2020 said:

Agree, I would also hold their families responsible and if convicted a minimum of three years in prison.

They would then think twice about being a selfish asshat in the future.

5 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

its the BBC buddy, full of shite

theres no way they'll shut bars, people need the jobs and government needs the $.

dont understand what schools have to do with pubs anyways.

Scientists are basing it on the Government opening up too many things which has caused the R rate to spike again, if you close things back down the R rate lowers & schools can reopen as that is one of their main priorities for the mental health, wellbeing & development of children, hence the “which is more important pubs or schools”? Whether they are including gyms as part of that remains to be seen as it’s too early for the first gym to close due to members testing positive & then we have the track & trace to identify members & the headlines that will create.

9 minutes ago, jjtreml said:

Agree, I would also hold their families responsible and if convicted a minimum of three years in prison.

They would then think twice about being a selfish asshat in the future.

There pets should be put down as punishment aswell and there dearly beloved grandparents to be bummed in front of them as there forced to watch but there watching whiles also being bummed aswell......also the ones doing the bumming have aids 

Just now, Jackoffblades said:

There pets should be put down as punishment aswell and there dearly beloved grandparents to be bummed in front of them as there forced to watch but there watching whiles also being bummed aswell......also the ones doing the bumming have aids 

Perhaps we could make up some kind of special "camps" that we could send them too for them to quaranteen for a few weeks.

What's the point? It's not a case of one for the other. 

Mostly because the pubs aren't packed with 10-year-old schoolkids, and vice-versa.