Sign in to follow this  
OptimumPT

Pubs may shut to allow Schools to reopen

3 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Perhaps we could make up some kind of special "camps" that we could send them too for them to quaranteen for a few weeks.

Yeah I suppose that could work. Do you mean with no bumming involved what so ever ?

1 minute ago, YoelD said:

What's the point? It's not a case of one for the other. 

Mostly because the pubs aren't packed with 10-year-old schoolkids, and vice-versa. 

They clearly think the young are spreading it in the pubs so if they close them the R rate comes down. If R rate remains high it’s not possible to open schools

What do pubs / other activities have to do with school re opening exactly? 

And I thought kids were pretty much immune to this at one point?

This "scientist" is one of those PTs you see in the gym who got their certificates from the dole office.

1 minute ago, Mrmotivator said:

What do pubs / other activities have to do with school re opening exactly? 

And I thought kids were pretty much immune to this at one point?

This "scientist" is one of those PTs you in see in gym who got their certificates from the dole office.

R rate, too high due to youngsters spreading it in pubs means schools won’t open

15 minutes ago, OptimumPT said:

Scientists are basing it on the Government opening up too many things which has caused the R rate to spike again, if you close things back down the R rate lowers & schools can reopen as that is one of their main priorities for the mental health, wellbeing & development of children, hence the “which is more important pubs or schools”? Whether they are including gyms as part of that remains to be seen as it’s too early for the first gym to close due to members testing positive & then we have the track & trace to identify members & the headlines that will create.

R= is a load of BS unless you're dealing with a virus within definite parameters. It's also meaningless in this case without any idea of mortality risk. The CFR (a pointless measure in the UK) differs wildly across the world with the UK having a PCR-confirmed CFR of... 15.4%. Making this virus so dangerous, it's hard to see how it could have any high replication rate. 

The figures from my own work show that actual deaths directly linked to COVID-19 (rather than nCoV infection) are around 3000 across the UK, with other death certificate codings being presumed infections, recovered positive cases, or part two COD citations. Total infections to date are in tbe millions. 

Then again, what would I know? I was a lowly infectious pathology scientist in public health, and PHE and the government have told myself and colleagues to essentially sod off. 

2 minutes ago, OptimumPT said:

R rate, too high due to youngsters spreading it in pubs means schools won’t open

Well, that's completely wrong. 

21 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

There pets should be put down as punishment aswell and there dearly beloved grandparents to be bummed in front of them as there forced to watch but there watching whiles also being bummed aswell......also the ones doing the bumming have aids 

Ridiculous comment 

Reported.

2 hours ago, ByTheNumbers said:

How many 'spikes' will it take before our government considers the possibility that lockdowns are not working and maybe Sweden actually had a better long term strategy?

Sweden has already admitted that their strategy was wrong. They had far more deaths than their neighbours per capita and in total. 

1 hour ago, invisiblekid said:

Sweden has already admitted that their strategy was wrong. They had far more deaths than their neighbours per capita and in total. 

I think they also had no financial benefit either. 

3 hours ago, EpicSquats said:

Just open everything up. Seriously, fvck it. I'm sick of this lockdown.

Should be this, there is such a thing as evolution and survival of the fittest that's been going on for billions of years, for this particular virus there is no reason why nature shouldnt dictate how this plays out, sure protect the vunerable, but the rest of us should be business as usual.

14 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

yeah, but now they have plummeting cases while countries that enforced lockdown have cases rising again.

end of the day its all BS. 

show me graphs of the actual ratio of deaths to population %

i wanna see a breakdown of Covid-19 deaths with age, and those with underlying health issues included

heard on Friday a massive 77 people died from Covid in the UK, 77! OMG, lock the country down again!

800K people die each year just from suicide worldwide.  Thats 2,191 a day. 

Heart disease kills over 7 million worldwide, thats 19k everyday.

Covid 19 is a media made disaster!

47 minutes ago, OptimumPT said:

So it could be the pubs closing or the 50’s

I ain’t that far away from 50. I think we should riot in protest. Some old old school football hooligans will be quite good at it. Old cu**s social lives matter! @vetran I think you should be in charge.

55 minutes ago, OptimumPT said:

The only thing that needs to give, is borris Johnson's position. He should take his army of clowns and fcuk right off

5 hours ago, Lancashiregent said:
Germany has had over 210,000 cases of COVID-19 and over 9,000 deaths linked to the disease since the beginning of the pandemic. Despite recording 900 new cases on Friday, Germany remains one of the least affected European countries.

Looks like the germans still have their balls whereas folks in UK decided to stick their heads in the sand and up incompetent government's аss.

9 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

yeah, but now they have plummeting cases while countries that enforced lockdown have cases rising again.

end of the day its all BS. 

show me graphs of the actual ratio of deaths to population %

i wanna see a breakdown of Covid-19 deaths with age, and those with underlying health issues included

heard on Friday a massive 77 people died from Covid in the UK, 77! OMG, lock the country down again!

800K people die each year just from suicide worldwide.  Thats 2,191 a day. 

Heart disease kills over 7 million worldwide, thats 19k everyday.

Covid 19 is a media made disaster!

I don't dispute your first point, simply because I have no idea what their death rate is right now. Sweden's health minister I think it was, did say their strategy appeared to have been a mistake. And the stats back that up. Take that for what you will. 

That data is readily available it you go look for it mate. Death rates as a percentage of a population are totally irrelevant because it'll give you tiny figure that doesn't mean anything. Comparing deaths for the same period over a 5yr average would give you meaningful figures.  

Some data here if you fancy reading:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths

https://www.health.org.uk/news-and-comment/charts-and-infographics/weekly-deaths-tracker

https://www.health.org.uk/news-and-comment/charts-and-infographics/understanding-excess-mortality-the-fairest-way-to-make-international-comparisons

I agree more needs to be done about suicide rates, especially in men. And IIRC, your other half suffers with her mental health? How is she doing now? Is she back in the gym?

3 hours ago, Sasnak said:

I ain’t that far away from 50. I think we should riot in protest. Some old old school football hooligans will be quite good at it. Old cu**s social lives matter! @vetran I think you should be in charge.

No thanks don’t want no trouble :)

On 01/08/2020 at 4:32 PM, jjtreml said:

Agree, I would also hold their families responsible and if convicted a minimum of three years in prison.

They would then think twice about being a selfish asshat in the future.

I’d take their kids away and put them in a children’s home. These people aren’t fit to be parents and why just 3 years in prison? Surely at the very least an ‘attempted murder charge’ should be given because that’s the reality.... Covid Breeders are murderers...and I’ve had it up to here with it!!!! I’m disgusted.....and shut the gyms while you’re at it..... bloody steroid using freaks. 

5 hours ago, dtmiscool said:

53295EB7-839F-408A-A705-52D829E6656A.thumb.jpeg.2f355d72a0840857384bd00a1a2c80d2.jpeg

Brilliant... sounds like a Jeremy Corbyn policy... ‘we’re going to pay everyone’s wages and housing costs for the next 12 months’.......’ok Jeremy and how exactly are you going to do that?’......’we have no idea’....’thanks Jeremy ‘.....