Sign in to follow this  
Jackoffblades

Thoughts on re feed

So I’m Iv been on a calorie deficit for a while now 7 months actually. I feel pretty tired and hungry all the time I eat 2300 calories a day. Today I thought f**k Iv eaten so much junk food. It’s only in morning and Iv already had 2000 calories. I’m going to do this once a week because I feel like it could be beneficial for me. Will actually be beneficial for me or will it hinder my fat loss progress? Or should I still be in a calorie difict on that day but lower my protein and fat and have more carbs once a week? 

52 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

So I’m Iv been on a calorie deficit for a while now 7 months actually. I feel pretty tired and hungry all the time I eat 2300 calories a day. Today I thought f**k Iv eaten so much junk food. It’s only in morning and Iv already had 2000 calories. I’m going to do this once a week because I feel like it could be beneficial for me. Will actually be beneficial for me or will it hinder my fat loss progress? Or should I still be in a calorie difict on that day but lower my protein and fat and have more carbs once a week? 

Either or mate its up to you, it wont hinder your progress as per say but may slow it down a little.

If you feel you have to/ or the need to have this specific day then the best thing to do is be in a 700cal deficit mon > fri and eat maintenance on weekends. That way you wont hinder fat loss.

Full on binge days will definitely hinder fat loss. You could easily just negate the whole weeks deficit if you tried. A popular refeed method is eating just slightly above maintenance full of carbs and even drop fats down abit for the day.