I just did my 2nd ever Jab.  My first one was totally painless,no PIP. This one hurt a bit on the way in and the site immediately went slightly raised and red.. it looks like an insect bite.. is this normal sometimes or have a messed it up somehow. I'm confident I didn't do anything wrong. Very clean etc. Bit worried but I am new to this so I'm just unsure.

Where was the injection site?

ive had similar pinning my quads, went in and immediately swelled up so I took the needle out and went into a different part of my quad.

Keep your eye on it. 

It could be a number of things. Poor technique resulting in a sub-q leak, pip or bacteria.

On balance it’s probably poor technique or pip. Unfortunately some don’t respond well to certain labs depending on what they use in their products. It’s not uncommon to have no problems with the first pin, a little pip with the second, more with the third until it makes you ill. This is likely due to the ramping up of the autoimmune response by the body. Hopefully it will subside in a few days but seek medical advice if you are concerned. If all ends okay you might want to split your third pin into 2 doses in case is it a ramping up of immune response as previously mentioned. If so you’ll need to change labs.

46 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Keep your eye on it. 

It could be a number of things. Poor technique resulting in a sub-q leak, pip or bacteria.

On balance it’s probably poor technique or pip. Unfortunately some don’t respond well to certain labs depending on what they use in their products. It’s not uncommon to have no problems with the first pin, a little pip with the second, more with the third until it makes you ill. This is likely due to the ramping up of the autoimmune response by the body. Hopefully it will subside in a few days but seek medical advice if you are concerned. If all ends okay you might want to split your third pin into 2 doses in case is it a ramping up of immune response as previously mentioned. If so you’ll need to change 

Its the New ROHM test e. and upper outer glute site.

Ok cheers I will certainly keep an eye on it. Feels OK at the moment redness subsiding, it was so different to my first one I have a brief moment of panic. Can't see it being bacteria as I used 3 damn wipes.. and didn't set the needle down anywhere etc.. also it literally swole instantly.

It did bleed a little bit, last week there was no blood or anything.

3 minutes ago, SoFar-SoNatural said:

Its the New ROHM test e. and upper outer glute site.

Ok cheers I will certainly keep an eye on it. Feels OK at the moment redness subsiding, it was so different to my first one I have a brief moment of panic. Can't see it being bacteria as I used 3 damn wipes.. and didn't set the needle down anywhere etc.. also it literally swole instantly.

It did bleed a little bit, last week there was no blood or anything.

Not necessarily related to the swelling, but you did let your skin dry after wiping, before pinning?