Sign in to follow this  
bigtasty2000

Second Wave

On 31/07/2020 at 8:41 AM, bigtasty2000 said:

Looks like a second wave is closer than we think, especially up in northern England. Do you think they will do a full scale lockdown again?

I made a prediction about 2 months ago when everyone was saying Boris had screwed everything up, that we've had more deaths than the rest of Europe

I said there'd be massive second peaks in Europe but we'd get away with it. I'm working on the assumption that because he made so many unpopular decisions there must have been reasoning behind them

Remember, he's had some of the best brains in the world advising him...the UK's got alot of talent

I'm standing by my prediction. After all, you don't call a football match based on whoever scores in the first 10 minutes

I think we'll get the odd localised lockdown, but nothing major

I hope!!

1 hour ago, js77 said:

I think ANY cabinet would have been out of their depth. These are unprecedented times and mistakes will undoubtedly be made.

Thats the issue though, is it really?

There's a chest infection doing the rounds that's dangerous to the vulnerable. Just like every other virus on the planet.

The media frenzy over it and the fear whipped up by them into the public is the real issue here. Followed by the nonsense ideas put out by the government to control it. No one has simply kept a cool head and made realistic decisions that would both save lives and protect the economy. And as a result they've done neither.

1 hour ago, Tonysco said:

There's a chest infection doing the rounds that's dangerous to the vulnerable. Just like every other virus on the planet.

The media frenzy over it and the fear whipped up by them into the public is the real issue here. Followed by the nonsense ideas put out by the government to control it. No one has simply kept a cool head and made realistic decisions that would both save lives and protect the economy. And as a result they've done neither.

Mate, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying no matter who's in government, pretty much the same policies and mistakes would have been made. Its all bollox.

17 hours ago, js77 said:

Gyms aren’t a necessity.... they shouldn’t have been opened. They’re a breeding ground for disease and drug users.... which I hate.

I also hate people who go to the gym.

2 hours ago, stuey99 said:

I made a prediction about 2 months ago when everyone was saying Boris had screwed everything up, that we've had more deaths than the rest of Europe

I said there'd be massive second peaks in Europe but we'd get away with it. I'm working on the assumption that because he made so many unpopular decisions there must have been reasoning behind them

Remember, he's had some of the best brains in the world advising him...the UK's got alot of talent

I'm standing by my prediction. After all, you don't call a football match based on whoever scores in the first 10 minutes

I think we'll get the odd localised lockdown, but nothing major

I hope!!

The whole thing is a load of sh#te. 

post furlough ain’t nobody following any rules regardless

5 minutes ago, Heavyassweights said:

The whole thing is a load of sh#te. 

post furlough ain’t nobody following any rules regardless

Oh, agreed mate

It's one of them innit...somethimg don't smell right. Conspiracy theories everywhere but no one can quite put their finger on it

Apparently peaks in Leicester, Manchester and Leeds (don't ask my opinion on what's caused these cos it's not a popular one)...yet no second peak in London when 10s of thousands protest

The whole thing's an ansolute joke!!

I've had the virus...it's nasty. But locking us all down for it is ridiculous

2 hours ago, Tonysco said:

I don't believe anyone knows which governments have done well and which have done badly yet...the death figures for the next year could paint a very different picture to those of the last 3 months

Has the UK acheived a higher level of heard immunity and therefore now in better shape than the rest of Europe for the years to come?

I don't know the answer...no one does yet

And there's still plenty more similar questions yet to be answered

Put it this way. If Europe has another huge spike now, and other European country's death rates soar above ours, would your opinion of our government be different?

I personally believe there's alot more to come here

16 minutes ago, stuey99 said:

Oh, agreed mate

It's one of them innit...somethimg don't smell right. Conspiracy theories everywhere but no one can quite put their finger on it

Apparently peaks in Leicester, Manchester and Leeds (don't ask my opinion on what's caused these cos it's not a popular one)...yet no second peak in London when 10s of thousands protest

Peaks? Obviously due to increased testing but who goes for a test when feeling fine.  

Who says covid is even a real thing? A government focus on ill ppl and they could literally say it’s anything.  Like you said not sure what the end game is but I’m on my roof sniping mask wearers for fun.

4 minutes ago, Heavyassweights said:

Peaks? Obviously due to increased testing but who goes for a test when feeling fine.  

Who says covid is even a real thing? A government focus on ill ppl and they could literally say it’s anything.  Like you said not sure what the end game is but I’m on my roof sniping mask wearers for fun.

Possible it's not a real thing...but that would mean world leaders who hate each other all getting together and conspiring to tell the same lie...which I find kinda doubtful 

Peaks possibly due to increased testing, possibly to f**k with us and play us like puppets, or possibly just because there's a second peak...

Who knows???

All I know is I'm not walkin anywhere near your house wearing a fuckin face mask :lol:

1 minute ago, stuey99 said:

Possible it's not a real thing...but that would mean world leaders who hate each other all getting together and conspiring to tell the same lie...which I find kinda doubtful 

Peaks possibly due to increased testing, possibly to f**k with us and play us like puppets, or possibly just because there's a second peak...

Who knows???

All I know is I'm not walkin anywhere near your house wearing a fuckin face mask :lol:

Waiting for @anna1 to walk past, got a spunk filled bullet for her.

1 hour ago, stuey99 said:

Oh, agreed mate

Bro, you on vacation coming to the gen con section? No one lifts here. Loads of gear is pinned but they’re all clueless and do no training whatsoever. 

Just to give you a heads up pal :thumbup1:

PS What’s your opinion on what’s caused the peaks in Manches-toh, Leicester and Leeds? 

1 hour ago, stuey99 said:

Oh, agreed mate

You don’t need to say why. It’s obvious, and probably correct. 

Just now, Youdontknowme said:

You don’t need to say why. It’s obvious, and probably correct. 

Yeah well I grew up in Leicester so it would be an observation rather than an assumption

9 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

PS What’s your opinion on what’s caused the peaks in Manches-toh, Leicester and Leeds? 

The BLM protests are probably a good bet.

17 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

It's not Leeds, it's Bradford that's got problems. So Bradford, Blackburn and Leicester are some of the worst hit areas and the government also said this week, they were looking into why the social distancing message wasn't getting across to certain communities.

Although they do live in larger households of sometimes more than 2 generations. So 1 infected family member leads to more unavoidable positive tests.

I know whats caused it here in leicester, I have to drive through it and witness it and have done since this whole thing started. I'd often sit with my family at home predicting exactly what has happened and its far from over yet :rage:

1 hour ago, Denied said:

It's not Leeds, it's Bradford that's got problems. So Bradford, Blackburn and Leicester are some of the worst hit areas and the government also said this week, they were looking into why the social distancing message wasn't getting across to certain communities.

Although they do live in larger households of sometimes more than 2 generations. So 1 infected family member leads to more unavoidable positive tests.

Was asking @stuey99 not you 

1 hour ago, Denied said:

3 or even 4 generations. 
Whilst during ‘normal’ times, their way of looking after their families is fantastic but during times like this, it’s not so good. 

1 hour ago, Denied said:

2 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Was asking @stuey99 not you 

Certain groups...some ethnic and some socio economic simply haven't listened...the message did get across...they just fuckin ignored it

Up here in the north east...you drove through middle class areas and above during lockdown...and silence. Drive through certain council estates and it was life as normal in and out of each others houses...they just ignored

I've got alot of Asian mates down in Leicester...and by their own admission,  their families paid no attention. And quite a few who own textile factories (which is one of the cities biggest industries), continued business as usual the whole time

This is not me being racist. I'm white, but I grew up more in black and asian culture than anything else. This is just a fact

The government knows this, but has to go through the motions of investigating what "the did wrong"...it's ludacrous

Just for the record,  I'm simply stating what I've been told by these guys themselves...not making assumptions based on race

Let's face it...we all know this anyway

1 hour ago, SuperRips said:

I know whats caused it here in leicester, I have to drive through it and witness it and have done since this whole thing started. I'd often sit with my family at home predicting exactly what has happened and its far from over yet :rage:

You a Lecester boy mate? Whereabouts?

5 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

I am indeed, originally scraptoft but moved to syston 

You'll know what I mean then...I grew up in Highfields and New Parks and apparently lockdown hardly even existed round my old estates. 

I left a long time ago...although you can take the boy out of New Parks but you can never take New Parks out the boy :lol: