Jump to content
OptimumPT

Protein Bars

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, OptimumPT said:

Trying these for the first time in 4 different flavours, what’s your goto bar for a convenient 20g of Protein whilst on the go?

A142B33E-0DEE-4256-BBEC-640E77E35029.jpeg

Protein in the go? Tupperware with my next meal in it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OptimumPT said:

Trying these for the first time in 4 different flavours, what’s your goto bar for a convenient 20g of Protein whilst on the go?

A142B33E-0DEE-4256-BBEC-640E77E35029.jpeg

Just bought some of these myself.cherry bakewell flavour.

I don't eat protein bars very often,but I'm looking forward to trying  these.

I've used phd smart bars in the past which were really nice also.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Hong Kong phooey said:

Just bought some of these myself.cherry bakewell flavour.

I don't eat protein bars very often,but I'm looking forward to trying  these.

I've used phd smart bars in the past which were really nice also.

 

Interested to hear what you think mate, as always taste is subjective but my top 2 favourites are double choc brownie & choc peanut caramel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The days of protein bars tasting like a bit of sandy leather are long gone. The Grenade salted whitechoc-peanut for example literally tastes nicer than any standard chocolate bar going. Myprotein layer b'day cake bar is also ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love protein bars

The days of your jaw doing a workout with one are long gone

Carb crushers from MP are fantastic but my go to at the minute are warrior crunch bars

When the above companies have discounts on they actually work out cheaper than a twix or galaxy bar

Danny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just buy a load of LUX bars from BBW when they send you silly discount codes. Get alot of my stuff from them as its cheap. 

Citrulline, charge and quite like their protein coffee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shergar said:

I love protein bars

The days of your jaw doing a workout with one are long gone

Carb crushers from MP are fantastic but my go to at the minute are warrior crunch bars

When the above companies have discounts on they actually work out cheaper than a twix or galaxy bar

Danny

Yep, I think that’s the key, when they are full priced it’s hard to justify them even though they are convenient but on a deal I have no problem. Just like replacing a chocolate bar with a healthier option- the R bars being 20g Protein, 10g Fibre & 1g Sugar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OptimumPT said:

Yep, I think that’s the key, when they are full priced it’s hard to justify them even though they are convenient but on a deal I have no problem. Just like replacing a chocolate bar with a healthier option- the R bars being 20g Protein, 10g Fibre & 1g Sugar

One million percent 

More filling and a lot better for you too than a regular candy bar

we can’t all carry around a tub of chicken and rice with us everyday 

My treat anyway that I look forward to 

I will give the reflex bars a go very soon

Danny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shergar said:

One million percent 

More filling and a lot better for you too than a regular candy bar

we can’t all carry around a tub of chicken and rice with us everyday 

My treat anyway that I look forward to 

I will give the reflex bars a go very soon

Danny

Danny 

This has been my particular favourite 

8B879FAC-2CAF-4367-A334-24E94FA8DDC5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OptimumPT said:

Danny 

This has been my particular favourite 

8B879FAC-2CAF-4367-A334-24E94FA8DDC5.jpeg

Looks kind of hard and dry tbh

Looks can be deceiving though I guess 

I will place a small order to rest the waters 

Danny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Looks kind of hard and dry tbh

Looks can be deceiving though I guess 

I will place a small order to rest the waters 

Danny

They are soft & easy on the jaw mate

86E972E1-1B7F-411F-BE18-48E3A6E7B1BD.png

CC77F9C8-0B90-4C68-B6F6-C1BF9110BAEA.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.....these are what you want :D

You need a warm up before you commence unless you bang it on the microwave for 20 seconds. 

I used to have these everyday when peakbody did a promo buy one get one free, had 3 months worth. Cost me £280 extra for a new crown on my back tooth lol 

 

PeakBody_Pro_50_Box.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperRips said:

.....these are what you want :D

You need a warm up before you commence unless you bang it on the microwave for 20 seconds. 

I used to have these everyday when peakbody did a promo buy one get one free, had 3 months worth. Cost me £280 extra for a new crown on my back tooth lol 

 

PeakBody_Pro_50_Box.jpeg

The need to microwave sort of defeated the object of being Convenient but some of the early bars sure were chewy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OptimumPT said:

The need to microwave sort of defeated the object of being Convenient but some of the early bars sure were chewy.

I was taking the piss....wrong category my bad 

Did taste nice though if you left them on your dashboard on a warm day....

 

For me overall best were the CNP bars

 

 

 

71ds7i40lbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2020 at 3:48 PM, OptimumPT said:

Interested to hear what you think mate, as always taste is subjective but my top 2 favourites are double choc brownie & choc peanut caramel

As you say mate taste is subjective,but I really enjoyed these cherry bakewell bars.I've  got a bit of a dilemma,now.do I stick with cherry bakewell flavour  or do I  try a different one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hong Kong phooey said:

As you say mate taste is subjective,but I really enjoyed these cherry bakewell bars.I've  got a bit of a dilemma,now.do I stick with cherry bakewell flavour  or do I  try a different one.

If you bought a box, bearing in mind they are only £13 & you didn’t like the flavour, could you sell on at the gym & recoup. Choc Peanut Caramel will be next for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember the early days of protein bars they were awful and bland to eat and too chewy you got jaw ache from them. Now there just like eating a normal chocolate bar and tasty no protein powder texture whatsoever and it makes me wonder why? I suspect the quality of protein isn’t the same I bet it’s all full of soy protein 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

I remember the early days of protein bars they were awful and bland to eat and too chewy you got jaw ache from them. Now there just like eating a normal chocolate bar and tasty no protein powder texture whatsoever and it makes me wonder why? I suspect the quality of protein isn’t the same I bet it’s all full of soy protein 

Reflex R Bar Nutrition Details - 

The main ingredients in our R-Bars are whey protein from grass-fed cows, gluco fibre, almonds, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, water, natural flavourings and natural sweetener stevia.

Absolutely no palm oil is used, R-Bars are also free from genetically-modified ingredients, corn syrup/solids, glucose syrup, invert syrup, preservatives, artificial flavours, artificial colours, artificial sweeteners, soy protein and any whey or milk protein not proven to be free from rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone). 

R-Bars are made from whey protein concentrates, which has a very high biological value and are created by separating whey from milk during the cheese-making process. During the cheese-making process, milk is separated to form curds and whey. The whey is collected and treated to get it to its most pure form.

We use almond or peanut butter in our protein bars; by roasting whole nuts with their skins on, before grinding them to a fine butter, this is the purest natural nut butter, with absolutely nothing else added. Nut butters are also a good natural source of poly and mono unsaturated fats, fibre, magnesium and vitamin E.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×