Sign in to follow this  
OptimumPT

High Street is Doomed, my Pound Shop has gone bust

Be careful what you wish for - local MIND charity shop had a BodyBlade* in the window all during shutdown, priced at a measly tenner; bugger me it’d been sold in the first hour of it reopening! Gutted. 

*rehab for shoulders 

8 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

The Costa coffee near me isn’t open either I’m gutted. I was wanting to go there to get coffee early in morning before gym 

I bought a bean to cup coffee machine 4 years ago, best investment ever. £250 upfront and I have probably saved £2500 on takeaway coffees in that time!

Told you guys this s**t is fu**ing up life. We need to just let things go back to normal.  Seeing too many places close down now. Couldnt even get in a single bar the other night i went out 

1 hour ago, drwae said:

I bought a bean to cup coffee machine 4 years ago, best investment ever. £250 upfront and I have probably saved £2500 on takeaway coffees in that time!

I keep telling one of my friends to do this, he buys them everyday. 

I use one of these

Buy John Lewis & Partners 3 Cup Espresso Maker, Silver Online at johnlewis.com

High street was dying off before this, this has just ripped the band aid off rather than slowly peeling it off.

Average person probably just buys butties, coffees and cloths anything else is done online. This has just forced the Luddites to realise how easy it is. Same with contactless payment and online banking.

19 minutes ago, Denied said:

High street was dying off before this, this has just ripped the band aid off rather than slowly peeling it off.

Average person probably just buys butties, coffees and cloths anything else is done online. This has just forced the Luddites to realise how easy it is. Same with contactless payment and online banking.

Agree with you, watch Dan Bell on YouTube 'dead mall series'. Yes it is in the USA but it's eerily  becoming similar now here in the UK with the high Streets.

I don't think that there's anything they can do to encourage consumers back other than local councils scrapping parking fees ? Who knows.

Everything evolves soon enough, just like the death of television because of the Internet.

3 hours ago, Seppuku71 said:

What's wrong with this kind? -

Plus these. Pic taken just now. Me and Seppuku spend £1 a week on coffee max, if that.

D5C3C002-47AA-497D-86E1-B0A7F58F5442.jpeg

1 hour ago, Denied said:

I’m like the only person that doesn’t buy stuff online. I hate online shopping. Plus it’s like not realistic if your busy working. Before covid if your not in theyd leave at the depot so it’s kinda annoying 

4 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Plus these. Pic taken just now. Me and Seppuku spend £1 a week on coffee max, if that.

It’s not a lattee or capuchino (however you spell those 2) from Costa coffee though is it. 

4 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

I keep telling one of my friends to do this, he buys them everyday. 

I use one of these

Buy John Lewis & Partners 3 Cup Espresso Maker, Silver Online at johnlewis.com

My missus is Brazilian and it’s pretty much standard kit for every household over there.  Makes a pukka coffee!!

1 hour ago, Jackoffblades said:

It’s not a lattee or capuchino (however you spell those 2) from Costa coffee though is it. 

Caffeine is a drug. I can get the same fix from my home ugl coffee lab at a fraction of the price :P

2 hours ago, js77 said:

My missus is Brazilian and it’s pretty much standard kit for every household over there.  Makes a pukka coffee!!

Easy to use and cheap. 

14 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

Easy to use and cheap. 

What are they called? See them all the time obv and never really known what they were lol. 

Amazon and eBay have been killing off high Street for years and now argos have stopped printing their catalogue, the writing is on the wall.

11 minutes ago, jake87 said:

Amazon and eBay have been killing off high Street for years and now argos have stopped printing their catalogue, the writing is on the wall.

I forgot they even existed :lol:

16 minutes ago, jake87 said:

So boring. No Argos catalogue. The world is turning so boring. I love looking through the catalogue and circling items that I want 

High street prices are rarely comparable to online.

I remember years back that 'going into town' was something you did at a weekend, but these days I begrudge paying more for same items.

Even simple things work out more expensive when you add in petrol, parking charge and your time, so easier and cheaper to order and have it delivered.

19 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Spooky - i take two flasks just like that with me to work. Both with 3 spoons each of, i think, Lidl cheapo coffee in them.  Black, so i don't even waste money on milk. I do though, put taurine powder in them, for reasons i can't remember.