Sign in to follow this  
OptimumPT

High Street is Doomed, my Pound Shop has gone bust

Amazon and ebay are undoubtedly having an effect, but whats really putting the nail in the coffins of high street shops is;

- Cycle/bus lanes everywhere causing chaos with regular traffic.

-Ridiculous parking charges (£1 for 12mins some places here).

-Low emission tax zones

-Pedestrianisation of many of the smaller streets 

-Rising costs of train and bus fares. Nearly £6 a single  to some stations here with Scotrail. Constant delays and breakdowns. Very few buses go straight from town centres to the city centre, so your on it for the best part of an hour to get somewhere that's a 20 minute drive, max.

Its just not worth going into town now with all the hassle of the above, even going for a night out in it now is rare since Taxi's are becoming even more of a bunch of robbing bastards. 

-

1 hour ago, Seppuku71 said:

Spooky - i take two flasks just like that with me to work. Both with 3 spoons each of, i think, Lidl cheapo coffee in them.  Black, so i don't even waste money on milk. I do though, put taurine powder in them, for reasons i can't remember.

It’s because you are a child of the seventies like me :)

1 hour ago, Seppuku71 said:

Spooky - i take two flasks just like that with me to work. Both with 3 spoons each of, i think, Lidl cheapo coffee in them.  Black, so i don't even waste money on milk. I do though, put taurine powder in them, for reasons i can't remember.

It’s because you are a child of the seventies like me :)

52 minutes ago, TERBO said:

Seems a lot of hassle just for a coffee!

Put hot water in it base, put ground coffee in filter, screw lid on, heat a few minutes on stove. 

On 30/07/2020 at 1:57 PM, hmgs said:

Be careful what you wish for - local MIND charity shop had a BodyBlade* in the window all during shutdown, priced at a measly tenner; bugger me it’d been sold in the first hour of it reopening! Gutted. 

*rehab for shoulders 

Lol at bodyblade. Rehab it with normal weights/bands.

3 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

weights/bands.

Hahaha, just love your ‘old school’ solutions.  Man, I’ve seen the infomercials, and ‘blades are the future!

19 minutes ago, hmgs said:

Hahaha, just love your ‘old school’ solutions.  Man, I’ve seen the infomercials, and ‘blades are the future!

They’re the present too. Be gone old school proven principles:

On 30/07/2020 at 1:27 PM, OptimumPT said:

My local Poundland has just announced it’s closing down forever  due to Covid, there is no hope

If only they’d called themselves ’One pound fifty land’ they probably woulda got threw this :lol: