Sign in to follow this  
Jaling

What would you do?

Basically, I consider myswlf faeily knowledgable when it comes to trainjng and diet. Including having enough knowledge to give advice on gear use. If i dont k ow something id say. And then go find out.

I always have people come up to me in gyms and ask advice. Which im haooy ti give. Well, up till  now.

Ill end up spending a good 45 mins - 60 mins explaining progressive overload, diet amd rest.

And even with gear use. Amd its got to that point where they sit and listen only to continue getting fat, getting gyno amd never progressing.

I always said id offer help to the best of my knowledge as no one helped me. And after yesrs of reading. Trial and error and completing PT exams. Ive become fed up and no longer wanna give the help to these people as aall they do is take up my time and go back to doing what they thinks best.

I dont wanna be rude and say f**k off. 

But they see that i look good and ask. 

How would/do you lot deal with this?

9 minutes ago, Jaling said:

Basically, I consider myswlf faeily knowledgable when it comes to trainjng and diet. Including having enough knowledge to give advice on gear use. If i dont k ow something id say. And then go find out.

I always have people come up to me in gyms and ask advice. Which im haooy ti give. Well, up till  now.

Ill end up spending a good 45 mins - 60 mins explaining progressive overload, diet amd rest.

And even with gear use. Amd its got to that point where they sit and listen only to continue getting fat, getting gyno amd never progressing.

I always said id offer help to the best of my knowledge as no one helped me. And after yesrs of reading. Trial and error and completing PT exams. Ive become fed up and no longer wanna give the help to these people as aall they do is take up my time and go back to doing what they thinks best.

I’ve had years on this forum with members taking the p*ss out of my spelling and grammar ,hope they leave me alone now :thumbup1:

17 minutes ago, Jaling said:

Seems like you're being over friendly with them mate... sod spending an hour of my time chatting to strangers in a gym.

If a resting bitch face doesn't work to make you less approachable, just say I'll chat after I've finished my training, then just leave and doubt they'll ask again.

13 minutes ago, vetran said:

I’ve had years on this forum with members taking the p*ss out of my spelling and grammar ,hope they leave me alone now :thumbup1:

Forgot the full stop at the end. ;)

2 hours ago, vetran said:

Lol its the bloody forum and this phone doesnt keep up with the typing. I swear! Ask my mum!!!

Given up with all that s**t years ago. People don’t listen and go against your advice and do the opposite as you have told them .   Most just want approval for what they are doing even when it’s wrong .  I don’t bother wasting my time anymore .  Just keep it Brief 

3 hours ago, Jaling said:

Lol its the bloody forum and this phone doesnt keep up with the typing. I swear! Ask my mum!!!

Most of my spelling mistakes are because my thumbs are to fat 

How did you only figure this out now? :lol:

I stopped giving advice after this kept happening several times...

Screenshot-20200728-061955-com-android-c

If they can't grasp a simple concept I know going further into areas will be a waste of time. 

7 hours ago, jake87 said:

Mostof them are probably thinking you should stop talking but equally they don't want to be rude 

I ask prior that the advice will take time

They stop what theyrw dling and xkme sit with me. Theyre interested. But after theyre just back to what they thinks right. As said above- people really just dont get the calorie deficit to lose weight! 

I know my advice is golden. I only cover what i know works. I do not suggest somwthing that im unsure of.

Ive worked hard to get this knowledge. And i do want to share. But it has now gof that point where i feel people dont wanna hesr the truth, and just come eaxh time doinf random s**t and expecting results.

For example- a guy who literally joined a gym and a week later got on gear. I gavw all the advice i knew i could. Whoch included not using gear yet.

Hw then went to show me a pic of me at his biggest. When i saw it i thought he was showing me a fat pic. But he thought he was 'big'

And this is when i kust walked off. Done mt s**t and came home ans started this thread.

58 minutes ago, Henda83 said:

I’d just make my advice so ridiculously stupid that they decide in the first minute “this blokes a fu**ing idiot” and never speak to me again

Well it's working

Its a total waste of your time anyways mate. Ive done it myself to go through the process to help a guy out i knew from school , to only see him in the gym with every piece of lifting equipment you can have on lol belt, straps, elbow and knee sleeves doing curls and uprightrows. There's no talking to these people.

20 hours ago, Jaling said:

Just say your not the best qualified to speak on the matter and that your strapped for time, that way you get what you want and you've let them down gently.