Sign in to follow this  
mitchkay

Fat burner

Hi everyone I’m new on here and looking for some help and advise. I’ve been looking for a fat burner that actually works. I’ve been considering eca stack but what else is available, 

19 minutes ago, mitchkay said:

Hi everyone I’m new on here and looking for some help and advise. I’ve been looking for a fat burner that actually works. I’ve been considering eca stack but what else is available, 

How much have you got to lose? 

I’m pretty lean around my body but struggle to loose belly fat , I eat a healthy clean diet , don’t drink or smoke .  Just can’t shift my belly fat . Think I’d be happy with around half a stone to a stone 

If you want to lose more fat, be that from around your belly or not you need to lower the number of calories you are eating or do more exercise as energy balance is key, fat burners that you can buy in a shop do not work.

You mention you eat a clean and healthy diet you can gain fat or maintain the fat on a diet like this, the questions I would ask are.

How many calories do you need to maintain your weight? (weight in lbs x 15) 

How many calories are you eating per day?

Hi I’m currently eating around 1800 calories a day , I’m 170lb so with you Calcs I should be eating 2500. It’s just the last bit I can’t shift 

38 minutes ago, mitchkay said:

Hi I’m currently eating around 1800 calories a day , I’m 170lb so with you Calcs I should be eating 2500. It’s just the last bit I can’t shift 

At what height?  I’m 6ft and dieted down to 168lb  from around 196 on 1700 cals

Thank you , I’ve down to 1500 before but just feel like absolute s**t, looking for something that why I’m on low cals to give me boost to be able to train and not feel so flat 

21 hours ago, Pscarb said:

If you want to lose more fat, be that from around your belly or not you need to lower the number of calories you are eating or do more exercise as energy balance is key, fat burners that you can buy in a shop do not work.

You mention you eat a clean and healthy diet you can gain fat or maintain the fat on a diet like this, the questions I would ask are.

How many calories do you need to maintain your weight? (weight in lbs x 15) 

How many calories are you eating per day?

31 minutes ago, mitchkay said:

Thank you , I’ve down to 1500 before but just feel like absolute s**t, looking for something that why I’m on low cals to give me boost to be able to train and not feel so flat 

This is the thing. If you aren’t eating low enough cals to lose weight fat burners aren’t going to help. You need to be eating in a deficit so your weight is reducing weekly, fat burners may then speed things a little

5 hours ago, mitchkay said:

I will go out on a limb here and say you are not eating in a deficit if you were then you would be losing weight.

It really is no more complicated than this, it's not what you want to hear I am sure but it is the truth, if you were in a deficit (via calories or expenditure) you would be losing weight.

if you have been on a very low-calorie total for a while then you may need a structured diet break (reset calories for a week to maintenance) as these will help upgrade the metabolism that slows over time from reduced calories.

You either need to drop your calorie intake, or up your activity during the day.

Most "fat burners" you see in the shop are nothing more than caffeine pills mixed with useless fillers to sound innovative. 

Damn you guys go way to low on the calories. I’m on calorie deficit I have 2300 calories a day and I get hungry and annoyed that I can’t eat more. I couldnt bare to know what it’s like eating lower than 2000 calories. Are you even giving it enough time to work? It takes months and months. Sure you can speed it up by eating far less calories but you’ll burn muscle aswell doing this. Iv been losing weight for 7 months now and so far Iv lost 2 stone another half a stone and I’ll be happy and I should have not lost to much muscle. Slow and steady wins the race