Sign in to follow this  
Jackoffblades

Behind the neck press rant

21 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

Just don’t do them. There evil. All they do is cause neck and trap injuries. f**k them off. Just did it and hurt my neck. Like every time I do them 

And rotar cuff   Injury’s in a lot of people, just do them to the front 

I've always liked the idea of them, but in practice i get injured easily.  One arm dumbell press works much better and gets those side delts just as well.  Also playing around with viking presses at the moment, really like those

29 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Strangely they hurt me at first but within a few weeks I won’t be far off front press weight. Max is 120 X 3 if I recall rightly. 

That's an excellent weight mate, well done.  I think it's one of those exercises that you can either do safe or you can't.  I believe it was very popular years ago, until 'experts' said it was unsafe and people stopped doing it.   Hasn't seemed to have done Dmitry Klokov any harm:

14 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

That's an excellent weight mate, well done.  I think it's one of those exercises that you can either do safe or you can't.  I believe it was very popular years ago, until 'experts' said it was unsafe and people stopped doing it.   Hasn't seemed to have done Dmitry Klokov any harm:

Who does that guy think he is being that strong lol

1 hour ago, Seppuku71 said:

I have to work on my shoulder flexibility to pull delts back for those weeks as well as going through the motions. Without working on this I struggle getting under the bar to squat. 

It takes work for me. 

I find them the best excercise out there for growing the side delt provided your can do them safely, I do them always second never first so delts are plenty warmed and loosened up

2 minutes ago, Henda83 said:

I find them the best excercise out there for growing the side delt provided your can do them safely, I do them always second never first so delts are plenty warmed and loosened up

What do you do first, hot shower exercise? 

I’ve always done mine on a smith machine ,do a couple of 20 rep warm ups then go for 10/8/6 and finish on a 1 then move the bench back adjust the incline and hit the front 

14 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Smith machine??!!, I used to like you!!! :angry:

Love smith machine Once I get on it  I hog it for about an hour :thumbup1:

2 minutes ago, vetran said:

Love smith machine Once I get on it  I hog it for about an hour :thumbup1:

At least you ain’t hogging the power rack where the (non shirt) lifters go. :P

Behind the neck helps me stretch my pecs out, also helps the rear double bicep pose when you can contract you your back better imo

13 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

Just don’t do them. There evil. All they do is cause neck and trap injuries. f**k them off. Just did it and hurt my neck. Like every time I do them 

Worst rant ever. This rant is like a midget basketball player on ecstasy: too short and not angry enough.

16 hours ago, Seppuku71 said:

A much wider grip helps there. And of course he's a weightlifter, so his shoulders are much more flexible to be able to get the catch in the bottom of the snatch (sounds unintentionally dirty). 

Use a band or broomstick to do shoulder dislocations and it improves mobility. 

10 hours ago, Fat Alex said:

Behind the neck helps me stretch my pecs out, also helps the rear double bicep pose when you can contract you your back better imo

Behind the neck lat pulldowns also help with this.