Sign in to follow this  
Djibril

Antibiotic Acne Cream

Does anybody knows and had good results using any specific antibiotic cream for acne spots?,

I got nothing major, a few spots in the chest and some in the upper back, some have appeared after shaving and i want to try an antibiotic as i haven't had much success with benzoyl peroxide

Topical clindamycin works very well

EDIT: Just noticed the product I use has Tretinoin/Retin A in it as well + clindamycin. It's called Treclinac. Kills spots overnight pretty much. I previously used Dalacin T which they discontinued here but might still be available in the UK. It only has clindamycin in it but was as effective as the other one I think. @Djibril

2 hours ago, Djibril said:

Does anybody knows and had good results using any specific antibiotic cream for acne spots?,

I've previously found Retin A to be pretty good.

3 hours ago, Djibril said:

I got nothing major, a few spots in the chest and some in the upper back, some have appeared after shaving and i want to try an antibiotic as i haven't had much success with benzoyl peroxide

Go to your GP? They will prescribe you. 

9 hours ago, iron2000 said:

Topical clindamycin works very well

EDIT: Just noticed the product I use has Tretinoin/Retin A in it as well + clindamycin. It's called Treclinac. Kills spots overnight pretty much. I previously used Dalacin T which they discontinued here but might still be available in the UK. It only has clindamycin in it but was as effective as the other one I think. @Djibril

Thanks a lot buddy. After you both told me about both products i started researching and saw there's a combo product with clindamycin and tretinoin and im gonna get it.

Do you apply it once a day after shower or twice?

35 minutes ago, Djibril said:

Thanks a lot buddy. After you both told me about both products i started researching and saw there's a combo product with clindamycin and tretinoin and im gonna get it.

Do you apply it once a day after shower or twice?

Twice a day only on spots. It's strong and doesn't take much at all. When I thought more was better and used too much it made my skin lighter in those areas. Something to look out for.

@Djibril Gonna chuck my tuppence worth in here. Recently started a mini cycle with TestC and Anavar (been on TRT for several years) and I got a bad breakout on back/shoulders/chest - skin felt ultra oily and full of sebum.. Was looking at going down the pharma route and then stumbled upon some doctor studies that showed great success with Vitamin B5 Pantothenic Acid and L-Carnitine.

Was dubious tbh but though I'd give a go and the treatment is side-effect free. Within a week  the acne had significantly cleared up and skin feels back to normal. 10 days now and no new pimples. 

One of the studies: http://truemedmd.com/2014/03/b5-pantethine-l-carnitine-acne/ 

2 hours ago, LordTyrion said:

great success with Vitamin B5 Pantothenic Acid and L-Carnitine.

Using B5 for acne has been mentioned many times on here by myself and several others... good idea combining it with l-carnitine for less sebum :thumbup1: