Sign in to follow this  
OptimumPT

14 Days Quarantine for Spain reinstated

1 hour ago, OptimumPT said:

Where would you recommend in Malta? Always wanted to go since I read that Gary Neville (footballer) goes there every year, whatever you think of him as a person my theory was that he could holiday anywhere in the world on his salary so it must be special.

Mate, if you think like that, then its YOU thats 'special' NOT malta.

12 hours ago, js77 said:

And guess who’s just bought 4 tickets to Lanzarote!!!????

Don’t want to get your hopes up, but from the bit I read Lanzarote should be ok. 

5 hours ago, anotherandy said:

3rd holiday this year for me now. I had 2 once in a life time trips planned in March and May and I just booked up a trip to tenerife to try and get some sort of a break this year. 

I give up :(

If you've got the annual leave I'd just have the holiday then take your leave after 

If you were going on one in March and one in May they weren’t really once in a lifetime were they?

4 minutes ago, lewdylewd said:

Don’t want to get your hopes up, but from the bit I read Lanzarote should be ok. 

It looks like a bit of a knee jerk reaction, including all the Spanish islands.. Lanzarote is 1000km from the mainland ffs!!

Tbh as long as flights aren’t cancelled it won’t make a difference to me because I work alone.

Feel sorry for those who’s work know they’re off to Spain !

6 hours ago, melanieuk said:

u need to check ur specific one, but if the foreign office advises against travel (which they have to spain) then it makes it invalid.  So if u break a leg it might not help you.

I guess u can take a risk, but i cant do 2 week in quarantine when im back and have no insurance if flights are cancelled etc :(

Urgh.  I am so bummed about it!! No comps, no body power, no beach! 

6 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

thats wank.

got a friend going to Ibiza next week, wonder if she can go. Family holiday too :/

6 hours ago, melanieuk said:

i think the Balearic Islands are included :( 

2 hours ago, js77 said:

Yeah, they're included.

It's only travel to mainland Spain that has restrictions. Canaries and Balearic Islands are ok. 

Still required to quarantine afterwards still. 

Me and Mrs are going to Majorca on Tuesday still 

6 hours ago, Lowkii said:

Anybody going on holiday at the moment is an idiot anyway. 

Yeah, because Britain is much safer!

At least in Spain masks have been compulsory for a while already and sanitizer is enforced upon entering any shops/restaurant/public places. 

Beaches are marked out to comply with social distancing. 

None of this in the UK really

1 hour ago, G-man99 said:

It's only travel to mainland Spain that has restrictions. Canaries and Balearic Islands are ok. 

Still required to quarantine afterwards still. 

Me and Mrs are going to Majorca on Tuesday still 

i fancy Majorca for a break. Use to go there when i was a kid. Nice Island, very clean with decent beaches, and its only about a 2hr flight?

feck Covid, id go to Spain tomorrow if i could. Covid is going to  be here for years.

17 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

i fancy Majorca for a break. Use to go there when i was a kid. Nice Island, very clean with decent beaches, and its only about a 2hr flight?

feck Covid, id go to Spain tomorrow if i could. Covid is going to  be here for years.

Going to Paguera, Treff Boutique hotel

2 hours ago, js77 said:

Don't need a maths GCSE to work at Buzz Feed then?

I have a masters, I didn't have to do my gcse's because I was too intelligent for my class and it wasnt fair on the other kids 

1 minute ago, anotherandy said:

I have a masters, I didn't have to do my gcse's because I was too intelligent for my class and it wasnt fair on the other kids 

Good point well made!!

It spread all over the world from a shithole in China that didn't even have plumbing in some houses.

I don't understand what they expect this to achieve, other than cause some severe issues for the tourist industries in both countries.

1 hour ago, G-man99 said:

Yeah, because Britain is much safer!

At least in Spain masks have been compulsory for a while already and sanitizer is enforced upon entering any shops/restaurant/public places. 

Beaches are marked out to comply with social distancing. 

None of this in the UK really

And yet their numbers are rising.

Almost as if all of that fannying about doesn't really do much of anything.

8 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

And yet their numbers are rising.

Almost as if all of that fannying about doesn't really do much of anything.

In small isolated areas, as Leicester and Blackburn 

Just now, G-man99 said:

In small isolated areas, as Leicester and Blackburn 

True, no matter what it's going to stay and spread, we get the flu season every year and I would bet we'll have a covid season each winter from now on.

3 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

True, no matter what it's going to stay and spread, we get the flu season every year and I would bet we'll have a covid season each winter from now on.

Probably, "the new normal" bollox

We will all most likely come in to contact with covid at one point or another. 

Isn't it something like 85% show no symptoms anyway?

And in reality, how many people have actually died from covid-19 alone, without underlying issues???

12 hours ago, G-man99 said:

Isn't it something like 85% show no symptoms anyway?

And something along the lines of 95% of deaths are those aged 85 and above.

As hard as it may sound i honestly don't think  its justifiable to 'Lockdown' in order to add a few more months onto someones life who's going to kick the bucket pretty soon anyway and let the economy and the mental health of millions collapse for many years........ a second lockdown would be catastrophic.

2 hours ago, js77 said:

And something along the lines of 95% of deaths are those aged 85 and above.

As hard as it may sound i honestly don't think  its justifiable to 'Lockdown' in order to add a few more months onto someones life who's going to kick the bucket pretty soon anyway and let the economy and the mental health of millions collapse for many years........ a second lockdown would be catastrophic.

Me neither mate. 

I think the whole thing has been greatly exaggerated to try to justify the world governments reactions. 

It's been proven in this country the cases of covid have been recorded for deaths that have happened months later after total recovery. 

I'm sure we all have our own views on the situation though, chances are we will never now the whole truth anyway