Sign in to follow this  
Fattynomore

Any old skool ravers?

34 so missed it all, however been plenty of bowlers reunions, legends reunions retro nights ect no better night that old skool tunes an decent pills!

2 kids now cant do it anymore, tried it a couple of times and end up back dooring it :( still love the tunes though :) some ace nights....

My rave scene started in the Summer of ‘92.... snowballs, doves, Dennis the Menace’s, pink cali’s.... Fuk!!! Brain damaged for life!

Orange @ The Astoria,  Rage @ Heaven,  Fusion @ The Marquee.... all in London’s West End..... a far far cry from the awful club scene up there now. 

In ‘94 once I could drive... Dreamscape @ Sanctuary in Milton Keynes.

But THE best club in the country (arguably) was AWOL at The Paradise Club in Islington. This was where ‘ Jungle’ was born...

@stuey99

9 hours ago, G-man99 said:

Spent a whole lot of the 90s clubbing up and down the country. 

Cream was probably my most frequented place but before then it would of been places like Kinetic, maximes, gatecrasher, helter skelter etc 

Still go to the odd night now :P

Yep maximes cream gatecrasher , back to basics in Leeds,  tall trees up in yarm,  and since its my home town the hacienda and home and sankeys ect.  Proper memories from mad nights out. 

10 hours ago, G-man99 said:

Spent a whole lot of the 90s clubbing up and down the country. 

Cream was probably my most frequented place but before then it would of been places like Kinetic, maximes, gatecrasher, helter skelter etc 

Still go to the odd night now :P

Helter Skelter at the Sanctuary in MK?

7 hours ago, js77 said:

My rave scene started in the Summer of ‘92.... snowballs, doves, Dennis the Menace’s, pink cali’s.... Fuk!!! Brain damaged for life!

Orange @ The Astoria,  Rage @ Heaven,  Fusion @ The Marquee.... all in London’s West End..... a far far cry from the awful club scene up there now. 

In ‘94 once I could drive... Dreamscape @ Sanctuary in Milton Keynes.

But THE best club in the country (arguably) was AWOL at The Paradise Club in Islington. This was where ‘ Jungle’ was born...

@stuey99

Yeah AWOL probably my favourite night...alongside Telepathy and Roast...haha we've kinda done this already mate lol

The good old days of gunbattles outside The Hacienda and Terry Turbo needing to wear a bulletproof vest for One Nation haha

Had a nice little rebirth back in the early naughties with Alex Energy bringing back Fantazia and Jim Tang bringing back Dreamscape

The kids are learning...no skool like the old skool

Me and my white gloves, glowsticks and whistle used to get around abit... I live on the Southcoast so Sterns was a regular then we used to go to Milton Keynes for Helter Skelter and Dreamscape. The nuttiest rave I went to was at Fantasy Island at Skegness - a rave actually inside the theme park which was nuts when you're buzzin out your brain

18 hours ago, Denied said:

Amalie Lens is always a good shout and somewhat easier on the eye's than the skinhead male techno DJ's from the 90s. 

Seen her and Nina Kraviz mate, not a bad view when you're off ya head. Only been into techno for about 5 years myself as in my 20s. Been a hard few months for me without any events, meant more to me than I realised. 

I was about early 90s, love the techno from that time, I was a massive r&s fan. Love the piano rave classics and house classics. Spent my time going to rezerections, later untity, judgment days. Stopped in 95 when the gabber took over the northern raves, started getting into trance. Thats where my go to love is, I love my oldskool as its where I started but trance musics where its at for me. Did gatecrashers, godskitchen and even some Sunday essentials. I had a mad year into the hard house when Lisa lashes was at the top of the tree.

All good memories.

I want ment to go to a big rave in my hometown this years, n joi, sor, dream frequency, ultrasonic etc. Its back on for next year now. 

4 hours ago, Philfg said:

I was about early 90s, love the techno from that time, I was a massive r&s fan. Love the piano rave classics and house classics. Spent my time going to rezerections, later untity, judgment days. Stopped in 95 when the gabber took over the northern raves, started getting into trance. Thats where my go to love is, I love my oldskool as its where I started but trance musics where its at for me. Did gatecrashers, godskitchen and even some Sunday essentials. I had a mad year into the hard house when Lisa lashes was at the top of the tree.

All good memories.

I want ment to go to a big rave in my hometown this years, n joi, sor, dream frequency, ultrasonic etc. Its back on for next year now. 

Rezerection, now your talking mate, some of the best nights of my life, then smoke a ton of dope on the bus home talking pure shite to each other. Get home and sleep for about 2 days  lol.

5 hours ago, Philfg said:

All good memories.

Don't forget q Tex, qfx and the rythmic State bud.

11 minutes ago, Fattynomore said:

Don't forget q Tex, qfx and the rythmic State bud.

All great tracks, bought them all on 12" from bassy gs on Dean Street. 

Yeah the bus back from the rez was fun. 

Ive got this feeeeelin thats inside my head

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g0aJpR_ghcE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 minutes ago, scottysafc said:

Ive got this feeeeelin thats inside my head

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g0aJpR_ghcE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Your feeling looks like something from the matrix.......

You still off your nut??? 

14 minutes ago, Philfg said:

Thats not rave, that muggy little chav music mate, sorry. 

I was thinking WTF is this as well. 

Proper crappy bounce music noise that hurt my ears 

On 25/07/2020 at 5:00 PM, TERBO said:

@Fattynomore your thread got me in the mood...  I'm listening to this right now :)

My kinda music and actually used to go there back in the day lol.

Is this Plymouth Steve Edwards? I used to visit his record shop in Mutley Plain to buy vinyl. Nice guy, Steve. 

10 hours ago, stuey99 said:

Yeah AWOL probably my favourite night...alongside Telepathy and Roast...haha we've kinda done this already mate lol

The good old days of gunbattles outside The Hacienda and Terry Turbo needing to wear a bulletproof vest for One Nation haha

Had a nice little rebirth back in the early naughties with Alex Energy bringing back Fantazia and Jim Tang bringing back Dreamscape

The kids are learning...no skool like the old skool

Terry Turbo’s carved out an acting and producing career over the last 10 or so years. A lot of Essex boys ‘Cahm on then you muggy cahhhnt, I’ll boit your fackin nose ooof, sahn!!!’