Sign in to follow this  
kagantua

Bench and no gains

Hello chaps I really struggle with getting gains on the bench. M/39/5'9''/73kilo

I currently press 70kilo on the bench. Have tried wokring my way up/ and pin press, neither seem to help. 

i did have an injury on right arm (Trapped nerve) that seems to have gone away with some chiropractic treatment but still... any tips? I seem to get an 'anxiety' before benching.... that i dont get with dead, squat etc.

On 24/07/2020 at 10:08 PM, kagantua said:

Hello chaps I really struggle with getting gains on the bench. M/39/5'9''/73kilo

I currently press 70kilo on the bench. Have tried wokring my way up/ and pin press, neither seem to help. 

i did have an injury on right arm (Trapped nerve) that seems to have gone away with some chiropractic treatment but still... any tips? I seem to get an 'anxiety' before benching.... that i dont get with dead, squat etc.

Bench had always been (one of my many ) weak spots. I just played with rep ranges, adding 1.25 plates letting the reps drop them holding that weight till they went back up and repeat. You need to find what works for you

my working set yesterday after zero training for almost 5 months was 70kg for 8 reps which I was happy with, maybe a little left in the ta k at that too. Next week it’ll be 72.5 and so on 

On 24/07/2020 at 10:08 PM, kagantua said:

Why the anxiety? Are you worried of getting pinned?