Sign in to follow this  
Midifitman

Amount of cardio required to burn Visceral fat?

Hi, 

I have been reading that your body doesn't start burning into your Visceral fat until around the 45 minute mark and anything less doesn't cut it. i.e you are just burning Glucose in the blood or sub fat. 

Does this mean that I would have to do some form of continuous exercise for over 45 minutes to get the full benefit?  

In some way it makes sense because I don't feel like my body has done much to my stubborn areas when I go out for a 30 minute walk. But I could probably guarantee that something would occur in  an hour of non stop walking. 

At the moment II kind of look skinny fat with a bloated mid section.   

Thanks 

Skinny people can have plenty of visceral fat, I’m pretty sure there are rudimentary ways of getting a rough idea how much you carry, like wast to hip ratio, etc. Google is your friend on that one but it’ll just be a guess. 

as for burning it , it’s just cardio, 30-60 mins a day will help ‘burn’ it, although remember it’s still fat, calorie intake/expenditure is key . 

Hi, 

Yes but I want to find that magic zone where you start burning into your hard areas and the article that was I was reading says that it is after 45 minutes. 

So, 

1. I would need to get on a treadmill and do some steady state for 45mins. 

2. Then I assume that anything after the 45min mark would be where my body starts to turn to its reserves and denting the visceral fat. 

3 hours ago, Midifitman said:

Hi, 

Yes but I want to find that magic zone where you start burning into your hard areas and the article that was I was reading says that it is after 45 minutes. 

So, 

1. I would need to get on a treadmill and do some steady state for 45mins. 

2. Then I assume that anything after the 45min mark would be where my body starts to turn to its reserves and denting the visceral fat. 

There is no magic number. Cardio doesn’t burn fat, a calorie deficit does. Cardio increases your deficit