Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm going to check it out and see how crowded it gets. Hopefully it will be empty.

Will gyms really be kicking people out if it exceeds capacity? I usually go off hours but since they are no longer doing 24/7 hour access, I might have to go during busy times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine's reopening but with some silly booking system where you have to reserve an hour slot online beforehand which won't even last long as they plan to kick out everyone before an hour mark to do a deep cleaning every hour, I wonder how long that is going to last :mellow:

Might just look for a new one as it's barely worth a bother faffing around with the above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe in a couple of months when the mad rush and novelty has wore off

I might wait and see if any home kit becomes dirt cheap like it used to be and stick to what I am doing at home, can't say I have missed the Que for equipment and the drive after work 

Danny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep straight back in there tbh, have got a half decent setup at home but still bores my tits off everytime I use it which is twice a week at most. I think I just enjoy people watching between sets, and maybe even being watched myself is somewhat of a motivator. Not including my neighbours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Malin said:

Mine's reopening but with some silly booking system where you have to reserve an hour slot online beforehand which won't even last long as they plan to kick out everyone before an hour mark to do a deep cleaning every hour, I wonder how long that is going to last :mellow:

Might just look for a new one as it's barely worth a bother faffing around with the above

No booking system for us, there isn’t in the other gym I used to use either. They’re not the kind of gyms that were regularly at the new capacity guidelines anyway. Both have said this is subject to review of course. 
 

no daft rules either, don’t come if you’re poorly, clean the equipment yourself (it’ll be cleaned regularly by staff too, manage social distancing yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won’t be returning yet, the gym near work (Nuffield) aren’t opening their showers except for swimmers and I’m not training at dinner or before work and then having to go and sit at my desk smelling. Work have restricted showers to those cycling in too so that’s not an option either.

i’m not sure they’ll allow being ‘on cycle’ to use the showers either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Malin said:

Mine's reopening but with some silly booking system where you have to reserve an hour slot online beforehand which won't even last long as they plan to kick out everyone before an hour mark to do a deep cleaning every hour, I wonder how long that is going to last :mellow:

Might just look for a new one as it's barely worth a bother faffing around with the above

I guess if it gets the staff back to work and the gym have money coming in on a regular basis then they’ll continue with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a very basic home setup to keep me going with weights but I seriously need some intense cardio so I will be back when gyms eventually open in Scotland. Wife told me "Don't put on all that muscle you used to have but if you looked like that guy out of fight club that would be cool." Good news is I do look like 'the guy' out of fight club, bad news is I don't think she was talking about Meatloaf:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just signed back up. First session will be Saturday.  Many things been put into place like sanatising etc. Thankfully don't have to Book slots etc but the gym I go to is not a massive chain although probably better run and equipt then some

 

To be honest I'm Pretty much passed the whole covid thing now. Sick of it. It's lost me my job nearly broke the family up and killed family. I've Managed to get myself sorted with a new job and I'm Giving covid 19 a massive up yours?. I have followed the rules to the T and still continue to even while I see others around me breaking them. I'm kinda just under the mindset if I need to go to the shops I'll go if I need to go the gym I'll go. Taking the family to West mids zoo next week. For some much needed fun! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boaz said:

Just signed back up. First session will be Saturday.  Many things been put into place like sanatising etc. Thankfully don't have to Book slots etc but the gym I go to is not a massive chain although probably better run and equipt then some

 

To be honest I'm Pretty much passed the whole covid thing now. Sick of it. It's lost me my job nearly broke the family up and killed family. I've Managed to get myself sorted with a new job and I'm Giving covid 19 a massive up yours?. I have followed the rules to the T and still continue to even while I see others around me breaking them. I'm kinda just under the mindset if I need to go to the shops I'll go if I need to go the gym I'll go. Taking the family to West mids zoo next week. For some much needed fun! 

I wasn’t affected as bad as you but mindset the same. Had enough of it now. I’ve followed the rules and still am and will continue to do so. Bojo would have lost my vote if he didn’t get gyms open this month lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Il go back on Saturday IF I can get a time slot as you have to book Now for an hour at a time apparently and I’m not sure it’s gona Be easy To get a slot (London).
 

I Will then see how busy it is, what changes have been made and judge how safe it is for myself. 
 

On another note. not Really happy to pay full price for Nuffield for the added bonus of a pool/sauna/steam room you can’t use. Can use the pool but changing rooms are shut? Right...

might change gyms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules for my local gym which I don’t use as it’s crap

⭐️If you are unwell stay home.
⭐️ Use Hand Sanitiser in Reception.
⭐️Sign in and out.

        No group training. Spotting must be with family members or “bubble” members.
⭐️Bring your own bottle.
⭐️No towels on the gym floor. 
⭐️Follow the one way system.
⭐️Train for 1 hour.
⭐️Use spray disinfectant with blue roll before and after on every machine & anything you touch dumbbells/bars included.  
⭐️ Changing rooms open but come in training kit and leave in training kit if possible. Only shower if essential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

Il go back on Saturday IF I can get a time slot as you have to book Now for an hour at a time apparently and I’m not sure it’s gona Be easy To get a slot (London).
 

I Will then see how busy it is, what changes have been made and judge how safe it is for myself. 
 

On another note. not Really happy to pay full price for Nuffield for the added bonus of a pool/sauna/steam room you can’t use. Can use the pool but changing rooms are shut? Right...

might change gyms. 

Time slots are going to be wank. Luckely our gym ain't bothering with them. I mean if you take into. Account a decent warm up and a good deadlift session stacking plates rest times and also some isolation work. how much can you actually get done in that hourI'm in the gym anywhere between 1.5 hours and 2 hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....sod all that crap, said it before...not stepping in a gym again until all restrictions have been lifted. I want to be able to come and go as I please. Nature if my work I can't guarantee id make the 50 minute prebooked slot either :rolleyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuperRips said:

....sod all that crap, said it before...not stepping in a gym again until all restrictions have been lifted. I want to be able to come and go as I please. Nature if my work I can't guarantee id make the 50 minute prebooked slot either :rolleyes: 

I can see your point, people moan about wearing a mask for 10 minutes in a shop but the restrictions in the gym are just too limiting for me whilst paying the same membership fees as before. Plenty of kit at home to use & more importantly with my work I just never know when I could book a slot to train as I do call outs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Boaz said:

Time slots are going to be wank. Luckely our gym ain't bothering with them. I mean if you take into. Account a decent warm up and a good deadlift session stacking plates rest times and also some isolation work. how much can you actually get done in that hourI'm in the gym anywhere between 1.5 hours and 2 hours. 

HIIT whether you like it or not lol.

Im normally in there a couple hours too (warmup, Training, cardio, Bit of sauna/steam, shower).

We will adapt either way. This is only temporary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2020 at 11:12 PM, OptimumPT said:

So who is returning to their gym ASAP?

Who is planning on continuing to train at home for time being?

Decided to train at home exclusively, stocked up with these guys so have enough weights to never need anymore and also getting a power rack off them too. 

 

 

https://instagram.com/pro.plates?igshid=mdxduxur3cp7

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×