On 18/07/2020 at 2:51 PM, faipdeooiad said:

I won’t be returning yet, the gym near work (Nuffield) aren’t opening their showers except for swimmers and I’m not training at dinner or before work and then having to go and sit at my desk smelling. Work have restricted showers to those cycling in too so that’s not an option either.

i’m not sure they’ll allow being ‘on cycle’ to use the showers either.

The one piece of equipment they have (showers) that will actually help deactivate a virus, and they won't open it? 

Alright then. 

2 hours ago, YoelD said:

The one piece of equipment they have (showers) that will actually help deactivate a virus, and they won't open it? 

Alright then. 

The problem is that it’s a very good environment for spreading airborne pathogens, it’s obviously a very humid environment so anything you breathe out is going to be carried further around the shower blocks than it would be in the rest of the building unless there’s good ventilation in each cubicle and / or they’re sealed off.

I’ll mix it up. I’ve got a great rack & barbell set up at home so I’ll train there as I can, but because of a recent injury I need machines because any hamstring or knee loading is a big no, no.

Most of the restrictions are basic hygiene tbf and really should be normal behaviour. My gym doesn’t have a booking system so I’ll figure when it’s quiet and train then. I’m lucky because I have the luxury of flexible working. 

I won’t use the showers but rarely did anyway, on account of my tiny penis. 

15 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

I’ll mix it up. I’ve got a great rack & barbell set up at home so I’ll train there as I can, but because of a recent injury I need machines because any hamstring or knee loading is a big no, no.

Most of the restrictions are basic hygiene tbf and really should be normal behaviour. My gym doesn’t have a booking system so I’ll figure when it’s quiet and train then. I’m lucky because I have the luxury of flexible working. 

I won’t use the showers but rarely did anyway, on account of my tiny penis. 

Bro, you’re not alone. I’m secretary of TTTC (The Tiny Tiddlers Club). It’s made up of a couple of members off UKM who see this as  a blessing, not an affliction! We might have shrunken snibs but we are so hench all that weight behind it makes up for the lack of length/girth we’ve never had! 

If you’re interested in joining our elite club, pm me :thumbup1:

4 hours ago, Sustanation said:

Decided to train at home exclusively, stocked up with these guys so have enough weights to never need anymore and also getting a power rack off them too. 

https://instagram.com/pro.plates?igshid=mdxduxur3cp7

Their plates just look a bit s**t tho. I know it's the weight that matters, but they look like a GCSE tech project :-)

1 hour ago, lancs_lad said:

Their plates just look a bit s**t tho. I know it's the weight that matters, but they look like a GCSE tech project :-)

They are the absolute basic option as I don't mind how they look they also offer the option of powder coating and customising the plates, had a deadlift session with their 7ft Olympic bar and it was a really good workout the feel was great. 

Screenshot_20200719-203428_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-203422_Instagram.jpg

2 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

Bro, you’re not alone. I’m secretary of TTTC (The Tiny Tiddlers Club). It’s made up of a couple of members off UKM who see this as  a blessing, not an affliction! We might have shrunken snibs but we are so hench all that weight behind it makes up for the lack of length/girth we’ve never had! 

Do I get a membership card?

4 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

:lol::lol:... TTTC...gawwwd that made me laugh... but there is a saying....

No point in having a Rolls Royce if you can’t drive it. 

:blush:..  bit rude, soz...

leaving now...quietly....

15 hours ago, faipdeooiad said:

The problem is that it’s a very good environment for spreading airborne pathogens, it’s obviously a very humid environment so anything you breathe out is going to be carried further around the shower blocks than it would be in the rest of the building unless there’s good ventilation in each cubicle and / or they’re sealed off.

All environments are good for spreading coronavirus, especially dry, still, air. There's nothing special about showers regarding infectious risk . 

Mine has a booking system in place up only up until 9 pm  Then you can go when you please as it will be still open 24 hours . Just the busy hours that will need booking .  I’m going to be heading to mine at 11pm . Got to love a nice empty gym .

3rd session done today in the gym, loving being back.

Still no word from our useless Scottish government on when they'll actually open, but hey if you want a greasy burger and a pint crack on.

If someone could chuck Sturgeon in a bag with a few cinder blocks and toss her in the Atlantic i would be very grateful. 

20 hours ago, Sustanation said:

They are the absolute basic option as I don't mind how they look they also offer the option of powder coating and customising the plates, had a deadlift session with their 7ft Olympic bar and it was a really good workout the feel was great. 

Screenshot_20200719-203428_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-203422_Instagram.jpg

What do you mean by basic mate, are they not coated and does it really make a difference. 

These guys are based near me and was looking at buying some 20s from them but not sure wether to them coated.

8 minutes ago, MANC12 said:

What do you mean by basic mate, are they not coated and does it really make a difference. 

These guys are based near me and was looking at buying some 20s from them but not sure wether to them coated.

Better gainz if they’re blue 

24 minutes ago, MANC12 said:

I went for the basic option which is just mild steel that isn't coated, all of their plates use the same steel and thickness they class theirs at premium by having the handle carry option and having them powder coated. 

While I was there they allowed me to spray my plates with a laquar (crystal clear) which was incase I decided to use them outside which won't be an issue as they are indoors,they've ran a personal test by spraying a plate with crystal clear and leaving it outside in water for a few weeks and it didn't rust. 

If you go on their Instagram and click on the story "care" it shows the difference between iron and steel and how their plates are calibrated to within 0.5%.

Screenshot_20200720-172320_Instagram.jpg

On 17/07/2020 at 11:12 PM, OptimumPT said:

So who is returning to their gym ASAP?

Who is planning on continuing to train at home for time being?

ME!!! I will be there an hour before opening :D I can't wait no longer.

4 hours ago, Sustanation said:

I went for the basic option which is just mild steel that isn't coated, all of their plates use the same steel and thickness they class theirs at premium by having the handle carry option and having them powder coated. 

While I was there they allowed me to spray my plates with a laquar (crystal clear) which was incase I decided to use them outside which won't be an issue as they are indoors,they've ran a personal test by spraying a plate with crystal clear and leaving it outside in water for a few weeks and it didn't rust. 

If you go on their Instagram and click on the story "care" it shows the difference between iron and steel and how their plates are calibrated to within 0.5%.

Screenshot_20200720-172320_Instagram.jpg

Thanks will check them out. Price is the best around and mine will be indoor garage use only.

5 minutes ago, MANC12 said:

Thanks will check them out. Price is the best around and mine will be indoor garage use only.

Yeah unfinished will be fine mate for added peace of mind just spray them with the crystal clear every 3-6 months they'll last a lifetime, let me know how you get on. 

50 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Found them;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-managing-playgrounds-and-outdoor-gyms

After a quick glance some of them are just laughable. If anyone could run a profitable business following all of them it would be a miracle. 

Well Nuffield demanding full price for half their facilities currently, seems a pretty profitable business To me. I know it’s “out of their control” regarding facilities but taking the piss abit. 

42 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

Well Nuffield demanding full price for half their facilities currently, seems a pretty profitable business To me. I know it’s “out of their control” regarding facilities but taking the piss abit. 

If they reduce their costs they likely go out of business then people lose their place to train (and people lose their jobs)

46 minutes ago, Pez189 said:

They're likely doing that to stay afloat more than to make a profit.

It's chuffing expensive to keep a big gym open, they rely on footfall to make money and they obviously aren't getting that at the moment.

Hopefully they'll keep making enough that they'll still be here when these restrictions are lifted, it really isn't they're fault that the government are over reacting to this.

9 minutes ago, Youdontknowme said:

If they reduce their costs they likely go out of business then people lose their place to train (and people lose their jobs)

See your point but where I am there’s so many other gyms charging £20-30 month for the exact same or better facilities and they’re in the same boat with costs. You think why would anyone in their right mind pay £50+ Extra for absolutely nothing  

If they go out of business, it’s their fault in my opinion. Adjust, adapt or deal with  the consequences.