Sign in to follow this  
Ares

UKM Summer Shape Up 2020

Admittedly the community vibe isn't what it once was, but I was looking at some older threads earlier and found this one

We've not had a shape-up since 2017! 2017!  It has been a fu**ing weird 2020 so far. We've had an unprecedented lock down, and I'm sure many of us are in a bad way.. I know I am, the gyms open soon.. anyone else interested in competing? I don't know how board sponsors work now after Lorian cashed in his chips, but I can knock a few emails out if there is enough interest on the board? I reckon it'd be a great motivator for getting back into the swing of things x

Just now, hmgs said:

Back into? Never stopped...

I'd love to have a home gym one day (I'm assuming that's what your setup!) 

19 minutes ago, faipdeooiad said:

It’s a no from me, I’ve no intention in stepping foot inside a gym any time in the next few months.

Understandable 

8 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

I notice you've left me off the list cos you know man's gonna be looking sikkkk soon. 

I just quoted anyone that showed interest in the last challenge hun, felt like in the small chance they were still active,  they'd still be up for the next one. 

I don't see this taking off.. :lol:

1 hour ago, Ares said:

I just quoted anyone that showed interest in the last challenge hun, felt like in the small chance they were still active,  they'd still be up for the next one. 

I don't see this taking off.. :lol:

So it's just a before and after type challenge? 

I ain't getting on no stage. 

3 hours ago, Ares said:

I'll sit this one out, I'm taking advantage that this summer I won't see beaches anyways so I'll bulk until March-April that's 9 months bulk should make me able to get at my biggest to date, then serious cut but next year. 

It would be interesting to see how people have maintained or let themselves go over the lock down.  

And surely the  "jabers" are all going to get massive quick gains with the reintroduction of chemicals and the muscle memory effect.  

19 hours ago, MrBrightside said:

So it's just a before and after type challenge? 

I ain't getting on no stage. 

1539D045-0D2E-4320-AAE1-B95F7811DA51.jpeg.97e067bf4d6cf928f6a108f286d59901.jpeg

this is as me day one to end of week 12 the last time we done it. It’s nothing like getting stage ready or anything just a wee competition for motivation to change your body in 12 weeks then the board votes a winner. Sponsors put up prize I won £150 my protein voucher, another supplement company t shirt and whey plus a minions and shaker if I remember right 

3 hours ago, mrwright said:

Let's see how much progress them people have made between then and now! 

I’m in worse shape now than then for sure has I’ve been drinking, spent 2 years going through a bad divorce which was detrimental to not only my mental health, sleep, eating ect but there was no training for nearly 3 years